X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Morning all.

All I can say, Nicos, is either you've got good heating in your camper or it's warmer where you are than here.
    We have a good heater Snoop!
    Its a Autoterm 2D which is actually Russian.
    Apparently it’s standard in Scottish ambulances and about half the price of the 2 main diesel heaters for camper vans.
    2KW heater in a tiny van - fortunately with a thermostat!

Peteyd…ouch! - hopefully it’s just bruised. Is the wall OK ? ( sorry - I couldn’t resist!)

I must remember to take piccies of flowers this weekend - I forgot last week.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• By heck those smiles were noisy this morning…..clearly enjoying spreading happiness…

Comment

• Morning all

Haven't been on for a couple of days. Nicos my task today on the camper is to fit a new earth clamp to the battery. The existing one cannot be fully tightened on the battery post and I think that is part of the reason the battery is either draining or not being fully charged. After that I will fire it up again and give the battery a good charge. I now have a multimeter so will try and checkout where the electricity is discharging from the battery? The guy that had it fitted interior lights and leisure batteries so I reckon it's somewhere in this department.I went for stretch covers to cover up the existing black vinyl seats in the camper which have brightened up the interior.
        As if I haven't got enough on my plate I am contemplating buying some woodland!

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

Haircut time again then a stroll over to the shops for a few bits not sure after that.

Peteyd hope you're not to sore today xx

Enjoy your camp out/practice run Nicos.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            I'm intrigued, mothhawk, by your compost bin strategy. Could you describe it? My compost bin is like a black hole: lots goes in and nothing comes out. It's been where it is for the last fourteen years and I've only ever taken stuff out of it once and that was only just over a wheelbarrow load. Mind you, now might not be a bad time to take out whatever there is as there's a load of brassica leaves and stumps to go in.
            I have two daleks. In summer, one sits over the other in a corner to save space, and is filled with kitchen waste, garden waste, and any paper that can't be recycled (eg tissues). It sinks down fast enough in summer that it never fills to the top. In autumn when there is a lot of garden waste to clear, I separate them, fill up the original and move the other onto the veg bed with a cardboard "path" so I can get to it without muddy feet.

This is the one I use through autumn and winter and the other is left to do its thing. Now I'm going to empty out such compost as it has made onto the veg bed - it's sunk down to only about 18" compost - then transfer the stuff out of the 2nd bin across to the first and replace the 2nd over the first again.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thanks, mothhawk. That sounds like a good plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                As if I haven't got enough on my plate I am contemplating buying some woodland!
                Sounds like a great thing to do! What kind of trees, Snadger?

Comment

• Good morning everybody. 4°C and grey here.

I hope you're okay this morning Peteyd and not too sore.

What a good idea Nicos to have a practice run in the camper. Iron out any problems and work out what else you'll need while still at home. The heater sounds wonderfully toasty. We used to have a diesel eberspacher heater on a boat and it did a great job. I think cold and wet were the main things that put me off camping eventually.

Well I've got pasta bakes to deliver later. Mr GF is slowly improving and eating like a horse. He's still in bed at the moment though. I think I'll wake him up with a cuppa shortly.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    The day is picking up nicely and its 8 degs.

Camping out Nicos, how exciting even if it's in your own garden.

Glad to heat Mr GF is improving.

Not much happening here but I will go for a walk.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Jay I have installed fireguard interlinked sealed battery operated alarms very easy to fix to walls or ceiling (sticky ring pad) not the cheapest system, but so easy to link with one another, I would recommend that you check if your insurance company would honer existing insurance policies, if you have sealed battery or hard wired fire alarms fitted just now
                      Thanks rary, we do have hard wired alarms but they are not interlinked. Just had a look at the Fireguard ones, going to order. Thanks again rary!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• ^^^All ordered rary, including for my mum in law…thanks so much for the info!

Afternoon, very dull today but at least it’s dry. Not a lot happening here, still not sleeping but managing to get through the day somehow.

Hope hubs is better today GF, haven’t read today’s posts yet so if you have said how he is apologies.

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing. x

sigpic

Comment

• Hope you are pleased with them once you receive them Jay, I have found them quite good as I can't hear OHs complaints when I test them​​​​​​. I can understand the need for them, but think it could have been restricted to hardwired or sealed battery units, after all, it was to stop people taking the batteries out the units, interlinked makes it much more expensive
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• HI all,what a change in life,i do not normally do window shopping,but was nice to be shown about,will meet up again next week,although i want,and need to move on,it does feel really awkward for me,i guess my emosions have to get themselves in a better place,coffee was had,and an omlet back at mine,we were hungry,son has moved the girls to another part of the garden for me,a much better set up for them,the other one was only meant to be temorary,so only hoping they will get out the habit of sleeping in the egg laying box,little minxes,as they now have 2 completly different areas,will have to go and look,and if so,remove them into the coop,until they get the message,and thank you girls for the support it means a lot
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Took all my containers of daffodils from under the deck to find them growing well.
                              My daffs in the front garden all have buds on.
                              While walking in the park today I came across a patch of crocus in full flower,l

Hope everyone else had a good day and enjoy the evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Good grief- where is everyone?

Happy campers up early here! So tea / coffee and toast on offer for everyone.

Very comfortable night - and good to try out as we’ll tweak a few things before we go. We only had the heating on as we went to bed at then again at 6.30 but the temperature didn’t drop below 12C even though it was 8C outside. The thermal curtain liners certainly helped but I still intend to make some silver window covers.
                                More careful packing and repacking of the camper today followed by a bit of gardening.

Crocus? Bramble…fantastic!
                                And Snadge!……yey!….go buy that woodland

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X