This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Clouds are clearing, kettle's on, looks like it's going to be a good day. I may sow a few seeds, though I'm trying to resist as I hate cluttered windowsills at this time of year, and I have more than enough houseplants on them already.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

I'm the same MH I keep putting of seed sowing it just doesn't feel right when its still frosty out, but i do need to sow a few things so i'll bring some compost indoors to warm it up.

Hope you get better sleep tonight Jay xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

I have one wide windowsill in the kitchen with leek seedlings on it and another with large pots of chrysanthemums which I am hopefull of propgating cuttings. Pleaed with the growth and glad I brought them indoors before the heavy frost the other day.
        Bought a couple of leather pedestal chairs locally off facebook yesterday. Only had room in car for on so have to pick up other later today. This means i can get rid of my leather settee and it will actually give me rom for a dining table in the dining room!
        Shopping, dog walking and work on the camper planned for today.

TTFN
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Great news, GF. Nobody likes to be ill, but glad it's not the really dreaded lurgy.

Hope the sleep fairy visits tonight, Jay. If not, time for the doctor? My brother went through a terrible period of insomnia and he was in a terrible state, had to take meds. Some people can manage on less sleep, but not everyone.

Sounds like you have a positive time, LD. Good luck on the next date. Is tonight or next week?

Not much news here. Plenty of work today but had a slow start due to a long lie-in. Even so, there's still a frost. Small icicles on the roof slowly melting. The smiles haven't seen them before so weren't sure what to make of them. Anyway, after getting a bit bored with them just dripping rather than crashing to the ground, the smiles set off so should be with you about now.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. Mr GF still feeling awful but a lot happier to know it's not covid. If it's not one thing it's another though. I missed a call at 5am to say his sister has been taken into hospital with swollen legs. I still can't get through to the hospital to find out where she is and what's happening. Nobody answers the phone.🤯 and there is no visiting at the moment.

I need to go to the supermarket today if possible. The basics of life are running low. I'll set the breadmaker off as well.

I hope you get some sleep soon Jay.

Comment

• Good morning all and it's a beautiful sunny morning.

GF, seems like you're having a tough time lately.
              Hope things improve for you soon.
              Glad your hubby doesn't have covid though.

Jay, I feel so sorry for you.
              I suffered for years not being able to sleep.
              I tried everything with little success here and there.
              I ended up dreading bedtime just because I knew I would be lying awake.
              Not for everyone I know but I now take half a sleeping tablet every night.

Snoop the smiles have arrived and are delighted with the sunny morning.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Not long been up myself….another non sleeper last night Not funny is it
                Stupido’clock.fr - and .uk times are so exhausting the following day.
                I occasionally take a Nytol antihistamine Jay but not often as I really hate taking any form of medicines.
                Hot water bottle and a book ( not iPad/phone) also seem to help.
                At least the fires got fed a couple of times so there’s a positive side to that I suppose
                Thanks for asking the smiles to fly over quietly this morning Snoop - normally they’re nattering away 10 to the dozen!

No frost today ( unless I missed it!)
                Starting work on the campervan seat covers today. Really not looking forward to it.
                What’s your campervan task for today Snadge?
                My curtains are now up but I’m going to alter them a bit for aesthetic reasons when we get back, but they do a grand job as they are.
                Any MUST haves to pack that I might overlook peeps?

Glad your date went well lottie - you really do deserve to be happy - it’s been a tough time for you.

Time for a brew?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm just going to have another coffee before I try annoying the hospital again for information.

Some people are just so nice. A very elderly friend (94) who I sometimes take goodies for rang to ask if we were in isolation and needed any shopping doing.

Unless you're a good sailor pack a packet of seasickness tablets Nicos. I can be sick on a ferry the second it leaves harbour. The tablets just usually send me to sleep for hours so I don't know anything about it. I once took some in Bilbao on a 2pm sailing in Winter and woke up at 2am to find there was no coffee shops open and the hot drink machine wasn't working. Fortunately there was a lovely girl on the reception desk who found me one from somewhere.

If I am going on a trip I am an obsessive list maker these days. Top of my list: Mr GFs reading glasses, vehicle documents and medications. In my younger days it was just passport, tickets, credit card, money and a few clothes thrown hurriedly into a bag.

Comment

• Tickets, documents, health insurance, money, medication, gifts. Anything else is a bonus!
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-01-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• good afternoon all,been nice here,now turning a bit chillier,GF you make me laugh,i have always been a one for making a list,not just for what to pack,but also food to stash away under the bunks in the van,umbrella kids wellies rain wear extextext,tis the only way,thanks for them lovely smiles snoop,thankyou Nicos and Snoop,i just have to tread very carefully,and keep my wits about me,taps side of nose,am not after a replacement ,snoop,he must mean next wednesday ????,lives not far from me,there is lots out there,just not near enough,thats drawback of being older,i will not drive far,and maybe not them,plus they are younger,and it seems men prefere a younger person also,so that rules me out,we have to have a laugh,don't we,am highly considering cannceling my current site and going for another,granddaughter says tinder is good,but thought it was for younger peeps,thats how she says ,met her now husband,it is nice that we females in the family are talking about anything,that in it'self is good and reasuring,they are finding out nan is not a stuck up prude,one is never to old to learn new teminology, that's all am saying,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yourselves,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, a bit blustery and wet here now, though it was dry this morning and had the dogs out twice, feel sorry for those that can't sleep at night, I don't always need a lot of sleep, but get to sleep no bother, I wish you well in your dating LD, I always think companionship is very important.
                        Was going to do some work in the greenhouse but decided against that as I would be tempted to sow some seeds, I intend leaving that till the end of February, when hopefully it will be a bit warmer, did do some tidying up in the hut and in there I have several lengths of 9mm plywood, so now thinking of cutting some holes in the plywood so that it will hold yoghurt tubs and I could use that instead of sitting them on trays, if I do that, I could alter my temporary shelving that I use in the greenhouse, allowing me to put support in for the tomatoes as I plant them, not very good at explaining, but I know what I mean Need to go and start making the tea enjoy your evening keep safe and smile
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry for the rant in the middle of the night folks!!! Going to get ready for bed and try some Ovaltine, not convinced it will help but we will see.
                          Got to be up early tomorrow as the alarm engineer is coming…bet I oversleep!!
                          Talking about alarms, any Scottish grapes out there sorted these new alarms we are meant to have? They seem to be out of stock everywhere. Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Hope you all had a good day, enjoy the rest of your night. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jay ref sleep help,find it CAN be helpful to,have a spare pillow at my back and a warm hot bottle,sometimes i have even had my dressing gown on,not because i am cold,but for the warm comfort,it feels cosey and can alter the mind set to relax a bit
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. 10 am here and minus 3 ºC. This cold spell is due to last into February, apparently. The firewood pile is noticeably smaller.

Not much news really. More of the same today, but am actually on top of the work for once. The smiles have been cheering me on, hope they're doing the same for you.

Hope Mr GF had a good night's sleep. You too, Jay.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all. Where is everyone this morning?

I got up late. Mr GF is still asleep. I'm hoping he feels a bit better this morning.

I've got to go to the doctors later which I am not looking forward to. I did track down my sister in law yesterday to the local hospital but they were going to move her to an orthopaedic ward so I'll have to do it again today and try and find out what is wrong with her.

I did the grory hop yesterday so at least I've got plenty choices of food today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X