Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fancy an afternoon cuppa? Sorry I wasn't here for one earlier but now seems as good a time as any.

Busy morning and should be having a busy afternoon, but I rather got stuck on a seed website... Time really flies when you're having fun.

Hope Mr GF is feeling better.

Really sorry to hear about your dog, Janie.

Right, the kettle's boiling. I leave it on the range so it'll stay hot. No biscuits I'm afraid. My diet isn't going quite as well as Nicos's...

Have a lovely rest of the afternoon and evening, everyone.

Comment

• I've posted the PCR test back. Now got chicken soup bubbling away. Mr GF has managed porridge, toast and jam and a few cups of tea so far but is still feeling rough and hasn't got out of bed (apart from trips to the bathroom) so far today. I can only recall half a dozen occasions in over 30 years when he has voluntarily stayed in bed at home in the daytime.

I'm not sure how good the chicken and vegetable soup is going to be. I suddenly decided to chop up add a couple of lumps of my preserved lemon to the soup, (hoping to add more flavour and nutrients). At the moment it seems to taste a bit too lemony but we shall see in a while.

Comment

• Good afternoon at the moment it's dry, but there is an occasional spit of rain, had to take my grandson to his work this morning, he was starting a bit later than normal today and his dad had a meeting arranged for that time, so I was, asked to take him, so after dropping him off I did a quick shopping while it was quiet, then back home, put a washing on then washed the floors, was going to hang washing out but there was a skiff of rain so into the drier more washing on then went for the dogs and took them for a walk, back in time to make lunch now thinking on going for some burn sand, and after reading Snadgers post reminded me that I better have a look at the chrisants, Snoop I wouldn't get to annoyed about your diet when working so much, more than likely Nicos put her purse down for her weigh in​​​​​​, right better move, too easy to just sit and do nothing enjoy the day
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

The best way to make it less sqeeky is to shallow fry the living daylights out of it until the slices (which often break up) are brown on each side. It seams to increase the saltiness but takes away the rubberiness!
          Thanks Snadger it looks like I wasn’t frying it long enough.

I don’t need biscuits Snoop I’ve got a nice fruit scone with my afternoon tea.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^And I bet a few smiles joined you as you ate it too.

Comment

• Is that kettle still hot Snoop?
              Just fancy a cuppa before going to bed.
              Yup I’ll be up in the night for a wee , but it’s perfect timing to pop a log on each fire too! See…logic in action eh?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mr Snoop is just making one right now, so yes, Nicos. I'm having a chamomile and anis, he's having PG tips, we've got plenty of other herbal teas as well if you fancy something different. And yes, perfect strategy for bunging another log on the fire in the bedroom here too.

Comment

• In your bedroom?…oh wow…how cosy is that?

I have to stumble down a narrow spiral staircase to get to one wood stove…then up a flight of stairs, then down another to get to the main lounge woodfire…flippin obstacle course at stupido’clock.fr

Comment

• Oops - sorry - yup Yorkshire tea for me please * passes over own teabag!

Comment

• Kettle's on, again, still...

And a fire in the bedroom is essential. It'd be perishing cold otherwise.

Comment

• Morning all. The sky is overcast and grey but the little birds are atwitter in the garden.

I saw a bird yesterday in the garden that I hadn't seen before, and it took me ages to identify it. It had the look of a warbler about it but I was totally foxed by the chestnut cap on its head. Eventually goggle images presented me with a picture of a female blackcap. Who knew? I've always assumed male and female blackcaps both had black caps. I've seen them in the hedgerows, but evidently never a female before. My bird book only showed a male, though when I read through the characteristics, there it was - female has a chestnut cap.

Right, time for more tea.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning All,

We're supposed to be having Haggis tonight seeing as its burns night and all so i think i'll be getting a run in this evening after work - i wont feel so bad about it then! the whiskey will help with that too!

Have a good day all
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning mothhawk, morning Peteyd. Morning all.

The kitchen is full of the smell of coffee. Don't ask me why but Mr Snoop always makes better coffee than me. Nice and warm in here as well, but still well into the minuses and its nearly 10 am.

Loads to do. So much so the smiles scarpered to stay out of the way. Should be with you soon.

Have a great day, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very heavy frost here again. That should see offa few bugs!
                              A couple of fluff balls ( bluetits) were on the window drinking meltwater again this morning. Very sweet.

Peteyd- I defrosted our haggis yesterday in readiness. Fortunately I brought a few back here just before Brexit and put them in the freezer.
                              I spotted some interesting alternative recipes using it …
                              https://www.macsween.co.uk/recipes/

Deffo need to pop out and get a wee dram to go with it though!

More sewing today - you can tell I’m not very fast at it can’t you?

Brew time again surely?

Comment

• Good morning everybody. It's grey, murky and 1°C here. I'm hoping Mr GF feels a bit better today and gets his PCR test results back quickly. I'm showing negative on lateral flow tests🤞and feeling fine. Snoop, I am missing Mr GF's coffee at the moment as he makes it better than I do. He rarely drinks it, he's a tea man. I more or less stopped drinking tea when I spent time abroad as I only like tea with fresh milk.

I broke off there to make Mr GF a cup of tea and give him some painkillers. He says he didn't get a wink of sleep last night although I'm pretty sure he got a few. He says he still feels awful.

Right next job is to attack the laundry pile.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X