This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Hope you have a lovely day, Bramble. Congrats to your son too.

Busy day again but also need to do something about the brassicas. The birds have now started on our spring cabbages and they're much too small to cope with the damage. Just got fleece at the moment, but that's better than nothing. I grow so many brassicas netting them all is going to take some doing and some organising. Probably grown 45 linear metres of them this year.

Congrats on the camper, Nicos. Fun times ahead.

The smiles were flying around in circles this morning. No idea why. Made me dizzy just to look at them. Maybe they're taking lessons from the birds and trying to use the local thermal currents. Can't imagine there were many this morning as it's still very chilly. Bright blue but still well into the minuses.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning!
      taking my lad to swimming class this morning.

went to the plot yesterday, just starting to ready a bed for card and compost.

hope everyone has a good day

Comment

• Snoop, the recipe I tried had 20g sugar in it, but I've been searching around for one without and came across this one. It's actually for cinnamon rolls, but I think would work well as regular rolls. Next on my list to try

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...n-rolls-recipe

This site also has a page telling you how to convert a recipe to use tangzhong, but I'm not good at working out percentages so for now I'm sticking to recipes other folk have devised

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/blo...e-to-tangzhong

edit - as I understand it, the sugar helps the bread to hang on to more water.
        Last edited by mothhawk; 22-01-2022, 10:02 AM.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

I know someone who had Depruyens contracture opp he only had use of one finger on that hand so having it done made a huge difference to his life.

I'll have a search for tangzhong later I use fresh yeast or sourdough both don't need sugar so thats something for me to think about.

No plans today apart from hanging out the laundry once the machines finished.

Enjoy your day

edited to say I'm off to read those links mothhawk.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 22-01-2022, 10:05 AM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. I slept like a log last night. Seven and a half hours of uninterrupted bliss, a trip to the bathroom and to turn up the central heating and then another hour and a half. I feel like a new woman this morning.

It's a bit warmer today, the last remnants of frost are already melting away. No sun yet but I can see the odd patch of blue and no wind.

Nicos my only thoughts on storage come mainly from packing things into boats. My husband had once gone off for the day sailing with his friend and they had both ignored the depth sounder and ended up on a sand bank as the tide was dropping. He rang me from his mobile to say that they would be stuck there overnight and he'd looked and they had no sleeping bags, etc. He'd not looked properly, I'd packed both sleeping bags and pillows into vacuum bags where you suck all the air out and they take much, much less space. The bonus being the contents don't get damp. He was amazed when he found and opened them and they expanded right out. I don't know if these sort of bags could help you with things you only "might" use. There was also another vacuum bag with a warm change of clothes on there that only took up a tiny space. The coastguard visited them and checked they were okay with enough food and water and helped them off the sand bank the next morning.

Last edited by greenishfing; 22-01-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Useful tip there gf…thanks!…tootles off to see if you can get 12 volt vacuum/ suction….
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                Snoop, the recipe I tried had 20g sugar in it, but I've been searching around for one without and came across this one. It's actually for cinnamon rolls, but I think would work well as regular rolls. Next on my list to try

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...n-rolls-recipe

This site also has a page telling you how to convert a recipe to use tangzhong, but I'm not good at working out percentages so for now I'm sticking to recipes other folk have devised

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/blo...e-to-tangzhong

edit - as I understand it, the sugar helps the bread to hang on to more water.
                Those look good, mothhawk. Thanks. I make their soft dinner rolls, but with only 5 g rather than 35 g of sugar (and no dried mash potato flakes either) and they really are good. I'm not making much bread at the moment, but might have to this weekend. The cinnamon rolls look nice...

Comment

• Good Afternoon All Doing a jigsaw, Alexa reading a book to me, eating chocolate and contemplating retirement again ........
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon, the suns gone in so I'm back indoors it soon drops cold without it doesn't it.
                    I've got a new jigsaw puzzle to start Flo it's a crossword one I've not done one like that before I'm hoping it will be easier than the magic eye one

Comment

• Prevning all, have been a bit busy with housework, and to be honest a bit lazy as well, once I got the work done I sat down with my book and ready for a time or watched a film with OH, she feel a bit down at times due to her being immobilised, though she has tried going out a couple of times, but finished up being very sore once back home, however I am taking her out for her tea tonight, a fish supper then along the shore to eat it might try and get some seaweed while out as the tide should be on the turn by the time we are there, and you should cut a stick when you see it right off to make a cuppa before going out, enjoy you night, keep safe and don't forget to smile
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all. Had a rubbish night's sleep due to Mr GF feeling horrible, sweating, shivering, runny nose etc. I've just been on the NHS website and ordered him a PCR test to be sent by post. It might just be a cold, hopefully. He could have had a walk-in test today but doesn't feel up to going out and walking. The only places he has been this week are doctor's surgeries (three times). Touch wood I feel fine but I will do a lateral flow test later today. We are both triple jabbed.

I hope the wedding went well Bramble and you had a lovely day.

Nicos we want to see finished pictures of the campervan when you are ready to go.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for you, GF.

And a big virtual hug for you, Rary.

Comment

• Morning all.

Just into the positives now today, but a really cold night. Looks like the frost won't thaw in some places.

Loads to do this morning. First thing, clean the range before it goes on. So I'm about to do that straightaway.

Have a great day everyone. Catch you later. The smiles will reach you before then, though.

Comment

• Morning

A dull day here no rain, gardening this morning I want to dig up some JA's for the freezer they're handy for soups then a walk later.

Fingers crossed its just a cold greenishfing xx

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Just had pickled herring and egg with a small salad for breakfast. Made a lovely change .

Gf….I’ll definitely post piccies of the camper when it’s finished….promise!
                                We may head off to the uk before I’ve finished the seat covers though, that being the case , it may be a while…..
                                Fingers crossed for your hubby x

Hope Mrs Rary enjoyed her fish supper ….mmmm…yummy yum!

More gardening and sewing today. Is it just me or are the lawns growing?

Must be time for another brew?

Enjoy your day peeps whatever mischief you get up to.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X