Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Really bright day and not a cloud. It was daylight at 7.57am today, already 35 minutes more daylight than this time last month. Isn't sunshine just one of the best things for making you feel happy
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^^^^ absolutely!

The sun came out here about 20 mins ago but it’s still very chilly/ damp outside. I’m sat in the light of the window knitting with the sun pouring down on me!…bliss
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
        What a beautiful sunny day.
        Spent the afternoon playing with my grandson.
        His Mam collected her wedding dress today so lots of excitement.
        Hoping this good weather will continue for the weekend.
        enjoy your evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Today's sunshine sent my GH temp up to 22.3c it soon dropped to 6.4c once the Sun dropped behind the wall.

enjoy your evening.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,them smiles are working wonders Snoop,turned out another good day for time of year,getting myself geared up for sewing a skirt,been a while since i made any clothing for me,all prep done,then its cut and sew,plus no money to spend out,as i already have everything i need,fabric is washed and refreshed,another plus is,if it were to shrink it should have done it by now,i have a very good stock of fabrics,cottons ext,so always wash before make up,as i have had them a looooong time,it is nice when we get time to spend with family Bramble,Nicos no worry,enjoy rest of your evening night night
            Last edited by lottie dolly; 17-01-2022, 08:26 PM.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all.

It was my meatless Monday today and I wasn't particularily happy with my meal. I thought I would try soome veggie mince which I haven't had before and won't be buying again.
              It wasn't the ideal accompanyment for a veggie stir fry either. I just have to live with it, I am a confirmed carnivore but like to do my bit for the planet by eating veg only for one day each week. Tomorrow is Tuna Tuesday but from what I have been reading the tinned Tuna is loaded with mercury! You just cannot win, can you!
              Tomorrow is due to be fine and sunny here (if the weathermen are to be believed) so after a bit of shopping I might get a bit done at the alottment.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

It bewilders me that people who want to be vegetarian still want food to look and taste like meat. Where's the sense? If they are really serious about it they should learn to love veggies for what they are, not what half a page of additives can disguise them as. So I'm not surprised your veggie mince was not a success, Snadger. I'm not vegetarian, though I only eat meat once or twice a week. The only veggie "meat" I have enjoyed is veggie haggis. I tried it 'cos I hate offal of any kind, and it was very like a nut or lentil roast.

Right, enough of that, kettle's on, trays will be outside rooms shortly, but it's very foggy so I'll not disturb anyone who wants to sleep in for a while.
                Last edited by mothhawk; 18-01-2022, 06:59 AM.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning everybody. It's very cold here and white over with thick frost. It looks as if I'll be scraping the ice off the car as I need to get Mr GF to the podiatrist for 10am.

On the subject of meat my youngest sister made me laugh on Sunday. She hasn't eaten meat for over forty years since she suddenly realised that lambs in the field and lamb on a plate were the same thing, although she eats fish and seafood and dairy products. She has two elderly small dogs who eat normal dog food. Just after Christmas one of them was poorly and losing weight. He just didn't want to eat. She took him to the vets who wasn't sure what was wrong with him but prescribed antibiotics. She ended up going to the butcher's and buying chicken to cook for him to try and tempt him to eat. "Can you imagine", she said "me cooking chicken, and for a dog". Evidently something worked as he's now a lot better and eating well. She doesn't eat what she calls pretend meat as she says it tastes awful.

Well I suppose I ought to go out and defrost the ice cube next.

Comment

• Morning, mothhawk. Morning, all.

I was going to suggest tinned mackerel fillets, Snadger, but I see they are now classified as overfished. We eat that rather than tuna, as much as anything because it's better value and the fish is a better texture and quality than tinned tuna. Might have to rethink that now. Tinned sardines? I'm not keen on the ones in tomato sauce but maybe the ones in oil?

Really cold out there again. 10.00 am, the sun is well and truly up and it's still minus 5. Mr Snoop is holding off before walking the dogs. Me, I've got a busy day of work ahead.

Any progress on your haranguing, FF? Love that word but it might be the first time I've ever written it.

The smiles have been hanging about a bit this morning. They were dithering as they were going to go out with Mr Snoop and the dogs, as the wagging tails make them jolly. But I passed on your message, LD, and it looks like that has spurred them into action. They're gathering for the off, so should be with you soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

misty again.

Snadge - Is is fresh or tinned tuna you eat?….if the latter, have you thought about changing it from ‘Tuna Tuesday ‘ to Tinned fish Tuesday’ ?
                      That would open it up to pilchards, salmon, crab,cockles etc etc so you’d also be getting a few alternative minerals and vitamins and help with alternative recipes to prevent boredom? Just a thought!

Off to get some hen food in a sec so I’ll have a look to see if the farmers merchant have any spuds in yet.

But first thing first - who fancies a brew?
                      Last edited by Nicos; 18-01-2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Sorry, GF, didn't see you there. Morning to you too.

Edited: you too, Nicos.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 18-01-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Snap and snap!^^^^

* mod note…….

Just to let you know that we’ve all discussed lottie’s idea of a diet thread and come to the same decision that it’s probably better to share tips etc on this thread as part of general discussion.
                          Its a great idea but the downfall is that none of us is a qualified dietitian and as we represent Aceville as gardening mods then it could open up problems in the future for them if someone followed some of ‘our’ advice and it made them ill.
                          The chances in all likelihood would be minimal but it does make sense. Sorry about that.

my thoughts…..
                          I do wonder though….if perhaps we could start a thread on ‘Season for Taste’ of tried and tested diet recipes we’ve got off the internet which we could try out using our own produce?
                          That could at least be a compromise? I’ll go back and check with the other mods.
                          Last edited by Nicos; 18-01-2022, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Beautiful morning but zero degrees at the moment.
                            Off to the airport to collect my sister.
                            She hasn't been home for the past two years.
                            So excited to be meeri g uo again.
                            Have a good morning and catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• That’s wonderful bramble, have the most fantastic time!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, yet another dreadful nights sleep! I would just like one full night, just one!!
                                Anyhoo, I’m having a late start so I’ve no idea what the weather is doing, sounds dry though!
                                Ok better get started, domestics to do but first, thanks for the tray moth!! Nice to have breakfast in bed sometimes.
                                Have a lovely day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X