This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin Flo’n’all

How frustrating for you Flo….you give it to them lass! It’s easy to assume the excuse could be due to Covid sick leave being the delaying factor, but you won’t know for sure unless you contact them.

We’ve got to go and get passport photos taken today- I hate having my piccie taken at the best of times but my passport photos always look like I should be behind bars Oh well, needs must

Time for a brew…. Help yourselves, kettle’s on!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. Nicos, I hate passport photos too. The best I've ever had were the last ones. We did them ourselves with my mobile and a white sheet over a door. I did the same for my husband's driving licence as well. It took about fifty attempts each to get a picture we actually liked but they were accepted by the powers that be.

Evidently (we cannot visit) the elderly relative with covid is feeling better and eating.....fingers crossed. Her social worker never turned up yesterday...typical.

Flo, I hope you get to sort out your building site soon. At least things are going the right way now.

Mothawk my ancient printer did a similar thing, along with other unwarranted error messages, just before it's final death rattle last year but I've a feeling it was probably mostly my own fault and nobody wanted to repair it. You're lucky to have useful relatives.

There has been a hard frost again. Although it's supposedly 5°C here now the car is still frozen but I can see patches of blue in the sky. Definitely not shorts weather....more like ski trousers.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first then I'll be out in the garden.

Flo they are dragging things out

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        Although it's supposedly 5°C here now the car is still frozen but I can see patches of blue in the sky. Definitely not shorts weather....more like ski trousers.
        Greenishfing I wear lined walking trousers they really make a difference to being out and about even if its just walking to the shops.

enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My tumble drier played up again yesterday - OH gave it a very decent thump over the door lock and it started working.
          I think I need to research into spare parts before I need a new door on it too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            My tumble drier played up again yesterday - OH gave it a very decent thump over the door lock and it started working.
            I think I need to research into spare parts before I need a new door on it too!
            My favourite tools are: Screwdrivers, battery drill and for when these fail to give required results a big hammer!

Comment

• Morning all.

Really cold last night. Minus 6 ºC in our stone-walled corral. The frost in the field is so hard you'd say it was snow. Looks like this is it for the next two weeks, very bright days and perishing cold nights. Real snow apparently on 26 January, but that's too far off to take seriously as a forecast.

Great day yesterday but terrible for the diet and work. The neighbours came round to inspect our ham. Apparently we're doing it right, but as I suspected we have a rubbish knife (new ones have been ordered). Expert sharpening made no difference either. Just as well they came round with their assorted knives and sharpeners. But a plateful of ham requires a glass of wine and that was it for the rest of the day. Ah well. There's always today.

Good luck with the photos, Nicos. My current one is terrible. Now they've got those horrendous machines, there's no need to hand your passport over to a guard. Last time I did it, the woman did a double take. In fact, two double takes. I made a joke that it looked like I'd just got out of jail... She laughed and gave it back to me, but she did seem a bit unsure.

The smiles rushed out this morning to get past the hunters without being spotted. Very brave of them, especially given the cold.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A beautiful bright blue sky and 6 degs.
                A walk is on the cards this morning.

Nicos, we did our own passports on line last year.
                Just took pics with a white background and they were accepted.

Flo, sometimes you need to make a lot of noise to get things done.

Hope your relative continues to improve GF.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. frosty start, now brilliant sunshine, which is lovely - indoors!
                  My printer is fixed. By an amazing coincidence, my bro chose yesterday to call round, as it was sunny and he wanted to give his car a run to keep the battery good, so I didn't even have to phone him to come see it. He fixed it and checked it all in about ten minutes, after saying, gosh, it's old, isn't it? Well maybe, but it still works OK
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening, lovely day here today.
                    Funnily enough we just renewed our passports online yesterday. After I don’t know how many attempts to upload a photo, It finally accepted one as good…I wouldn’t describe it as good myself unless that’s what I actually look like!!
                    Enjoy your evening everyone! Glad your printer is sorted Moth.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hi all,some good frost's have been seen,that is excellent news about your relitive GF,that made me smile ladies about the,how to repair a tumble drier,Snoop that does sound cold,i forced myself out to the shop this afternoon,put a bit of light slap and tickle on,the sun was shining lovely,i only had a good high neck jumper on,and well well warm,and before any comments come flying by,i did have the relevant accompaning clothing on ,i had a very upset day yesterday,just feeling very lonely,i have accepted my loss,like said i want to move on,so with full family blessings,am looking into a dating site,son said get a granddaughter to help me,as she is savy on lots of things,i now know i need another person in my life eventually,but not rushing into anything,my trust has to gained,as am NOT anybodies,has anyone got any advice form personal experiance,would be great,wheather on here or PM,thank you,it just feels so awkward to move forwards,after my previous,but i have missed out on so much
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Precious Moments weather Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

-2C here are the moment. Nit as dramatic as yours Snoop, but white everywhere . Typically on the morning we have to go out early

Lottie - you need to do what is right for you lass . You’re a lovely , thoughtful person and you deserve to be happy xxx

Right…gotta scoot …see ya later peeps…keep safe on those icy roads!

Comment

• Morning

My GH temp isn't into minus but it feels like it should be, it does look pretty and sparkly though. No real plans today just a stroll over to buy my seed potatoes.

Enjoy our day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. 3°C and sunny here at the moment.

I got an email this morning from Dunelm asking for feedback regarding delivery of my curtains would you believe.🤯 The curtains themselves are great but their customer service is non-existent.😡 It seems that I am far from alone in finding this out. I actually need new table mats, crockery and a few other bits and bobs but I most definitely won't be buying them online from Dunelm.

Not sure what we are up to today.

Comment

• Morning all.

Minus 8 this morning. Looks like it could be colder tomorrow and the day after. We still haven't put our fruit trees in. Getting late (shop said they'd be getting in more varied stock on 15 Jan, but the forecast is for cold like this till the end of the month. I might start a thread asking for advice.

Busy day ahead, workwise. And much too cold to do anything much outdoors except go and fetch more firewood.

Good luck, LD. I've never used a dating site, but I do know people who have successfully found partners through them. So I can't give you any advice but just send best wishes and hugs.

Hope your relative continues on the mend, GF. Hope you have a productive day too, Nicos. But mind the frost while you're out scooting.

The smiles were in an especially good mood today. Not bothered by the cold at all, just gleeful at the Christmas lights effect of the sun shining through the frost. They set off very bouncy, so with all the upping and downing, it might take them a bit longer to reach you. But they're on their way.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X