This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Here, red skies in the morning are thought to mean nice weather ahead during the day, mothhawk, none of the shepherd's warning. It's blowing an absolute gale outside here. The dogs are stuck indoors as Mr Snoop isn't that keen to take them out at the moment. At least one pine tree that I've seen has been blown over. On a smaller scale, one of my PSB plants is leaning over, but the other one looks to be coping. Which reminds me: the birds aren't taking snails and slugs, they're making inroads into my brassicas. It's the first time ever. Small birds, not pigeons.

Monday, so it's back to normal work now. I managed to sleep through the alarm clock this morning, so not a good start.

Anyway, despite the howling wind, the smiles were determined to set off this morning. They looked like leaves being blown about at the start. Hope they reached you all OK.

Have a great day, everyone.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-01-2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      A mild 10 degs here and its brightening up nicely.
      A must do trip into town this morning.
      Granddaughters 18th birthday and she would like a charm for her Pandora bracelet.
      I will pick up a few other bits while I am there.
      Also chasing up a navy handbag as my one is starting to look dated.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, a damp dull start to the day as there is a constant drizzle just now, hopefully it will clear up, went out for a shopping first thing this morning, got the shopping and back home before it got busy, due to hints in posts from Nicos and greenishfing I am now considering telling OH to use the hoover as a walking aid and just to cushion her feet we (I) could put some old clothes below her slippers, though to be honest I am a wee bit wary of telling her that, as she still has a walking stick close beside her, need to go and get some washing done now, so safe and smile
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry dull day here so I'll be out in the garden tying back my blackberries later. I spotted my garden Robin earlier so I'm happy he/she is back.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, like rary is dull and drizzling here today. Wet rain I call it.
            Catching up on domestics this morning. Waiting for an engineer coming to change the pump in my tumble dryer. Been without since the week before Christmas, so missing it!
            Hope this finds you all well. Hope Mrs rary if feeling better today, happy birthday to bramble’s granddaughter and thanks for the smiles Snoop!
            sigpic

Comment

• good afternoon all,thanks for the smiles snoop,they are really doing me good,nice to hear MRS rary is doing better,am sure it's the love and care from himself,happy birthday that girl 18 eh,time flies eh,made myself go in the garden tother day,had a nose around,what to do,so the very old standard roses had a good prune and old dead wood cut out,as did the rambler,and blue berries,what the place needs is a sort out,lots of slab paths wonky,so a reconstruction is on the cards,i want to end up with a veggie arias,also have shrubs to move,have been looking up advice,am not going to grow much this year,just the bits like,salad stuff,beans,carrots,parsnips,plus things that i can use in making freezer dinners,on looking into my stash,have a job to see if really need to spend money on seed,will see ,look after yourselves and be good i am
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                Late to bed last night so a late start for me.

weigh in this morning and I’m happy

Bramble - burpday wishes to your granddaughter….hope she has a lovely day.

I’d be lost too Jay without my tumble dryer. Mine played up last week - it wouldn’t start tumbling. Looks like it’s the door latch not closing properly so the safety ‘stop’ kicks in. I need it for the tourist season so if it keeps doing it I’ll need to have it looked at properly.
                Hopefully the wd40 will have done the trick.

More pottering today - so many little things needing doing. Every bit adds up though doesn’t it?

Hope the weather calms down for you Snoop….trees, high winds and houses/cars are a disaster waiting to happen aren’t they?

Right - quick brew then back to ‘stuff’…enjoy your day peeps!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all, well actually it's just afternoon now.

Another grey, murky day (7°C). I rang the relative's care home earlier to see if they were open yet for visiting to discover that she's tested positive for covid but so far has no symptoms. I'm just hoping that she stays asymptomatic as she is 90 years old with other problems. 🤞

I need to try and sort out my husband's prescription later as one of his normal medications is having a manufacturing problem and is unavailable. Hopefully there should be a prescription for a different medication sent to the pharmacy to collect later today.

Comment

• Yikes gf…never ending is it?

I had to share this with you all cos I wonder if this is a ‘it’s finally started happening’ moment as to getting older ( I hope Rary can advise me on this)

OH walks past me holding something he is using in his building work.
                    ” Do you know what this is called?” …“In french? “ I responded….. “ In any language would be useful”

Hmmmmm…nope - the English name had eluded me so I said I’d think on it

A couple of minutes later I called up to him “ It’s a rasp!!!!”
                    He came rushing downstairs… “Where?…where?”
                    “Huh?where’s what?”

“The rat?”

That had us both in stitches… mostly because he clearly thought there was more chance of there being a rat in the house than I would remember what the tool was called!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Fingers crossed, indeed, GF. Terrible times.

Comment

• Nicos, that gave me a laugh. Mind you with my phobia of "long tails", (Manx name for rats) I'd still be on the ceiling.

I have found I've had weird holes on my memory for decades. To this day I can never conjure up the English name for "capers", the little green things that go in tartare sauce or with fish. Yet I never have a problem with remembering the Spanish word for them, "alcaparras".

Comment

• OH ek GF,what a worry,hope you get MR meds sorted out,Nicos that made me titter,that is a great tool for heavy filling,another 1 here needs a tumble drier,i tried it here over an airer,was a waste of time,plus it puts moisture in the home that's not needed,also not good for the chest,put the heating off earlier on,and had a relax in the conservatory,was nice,is just lonely these days,i had to look a few times at the spanish interpretation,i had got the some letters in the wrong order by hek,at first it looked like alcrapas
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Brilliant, LD. Made me laugh out loud. What a caper, in fact!

There are things that we never needed when we lived in the UK that we now know of by their Spanish name. I know exactly what nervometal and mallazo are, but ribbed lath and wire mesh? Wire mesh could mean anything to me.

Comment

• One word that I have been told is very useful in situations where you forget what something is or called, is simply to put in the word "thingimy" for example, turning to OH and saying "do you know where that thingimy is" and usually the response is do you mean (fit in desired object) or if not what you want, just say "no, that other thingimy" apparently there is a 92% chance of you getting what you are looking for.
                              I will now go and put this down in my book Hints and Tips for WHEN I Get Old, possibly I should start a thread which could help Nicos and greenishfing and possibly Snoop
                              Last edited by rary; 10-01-2022, 08:56 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all. been awake since 3am for some reason, so I thought I may as well get up and start the day. Done my exercises so now for a cuppa.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X