Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• …then untuck as they were so claustrophobic!
    …then them sliding slowly off the bed during the night….

My first experience of a duvet was when I was 15 and stayed at my Dutch penfriends house.
    I bought my own duvet when I was 18! What an amazing difference!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• You can still buy candlestick bedspreads!
      We bought a plain one from John Lewis about 15 years ago and brought it over here with us. The colour faded and it’s looking very old now but it hides Hibou’s black hairs ….
      Its great to sleep under during a heatwave too - probably because it’s cotton. I’ll replace it with another one for sure, but I can’t find one in the right colour at the moment.

Comment

• I'm back. I broke off to make coffee and ring the doctor's surgery at 8am when they opened to try and get something for my husbands itching. The doctor is ringing back. He hasn't got a rash but he was driving himself (and me) mad last night scratching until I rubbed him some eczema cream on from his last episode. Trouble is there's only a tiny bit of cream left in the tube now.
        Grey and miserable here at the moment with a 91% chance of rain.

Comment

• Gf..I notice Boots sell Dead Sea salts and they are fantastic to pour into a bath to calm exclamation and psoriasis.
          They are half price too (£2.50 ish) at the moment.
          If you have a tub, why not grab one and try it out?

(We went into Boots for our antigen test pre coming home and I couldn’t help but pick up a few extras I can’t get here!)

Comment

• Morning and welcome back Nicos

Grory hop for me this morning then I'll be finishing of the cards I started yesterday, I don't make that many these days only for close friends/family.

If it stays fine we'll go for a stroll to collect holly for the mantlepiece.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Gf..I notice Boots sell Dead Sea salts and they are fantastic to pour into a bath to calm exclamation and psoriasis.
              They are half price too (£2.50 ish) at the moment.
              If you have a tub, why not grab one and try it out?

(We went into Boots for our antigen test pre coming home and I couldn’t help but pick up a few extras I can’t get here!)
              We do have a bath but my husband sticks to showers as he can't get out of the bath, we nearly had to call the fire brigade to get him out last time he got in.

Comment

• GF, what about E45 shower emollient? Just make sure you have a Bath mat or towel in shower floor as it can be slippy.
                sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the mulled wine hints Nicos, going to give it a try!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    I'm back. I broke off to make coffee and ring the doctor's surgery at 8am when they opened to try and get something for my husbands itching. The doctor is ringing back. He hasn't got a rash but he was driving himself (and me) mad last night scratching until I rubbed him some eczema cream on from his last episode. Trouble is there's only a tiny bit of cream left in the tube now.
                    Grey and miserable here at the moment with a 91% chance of rain.
                    GF. My dad used to suffer with terrible bouts of itch.
                    Eurax cream, stops itching for up to 10 hours.
                    It really works and can be bought over the counter.
                    Hope this helps.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I’ve used Eurax for bad prickly heat, I can testify it works very well!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Well storm Barra has blown itself out.
                        A very calm morning so it will be a garden tidy up.
                        Need to do some shopping and then collecting grandson from creche.
                        Glac to hear you got home safely Nicos.

Candlewicks, we were gifted four as wedding presents.
                        The pink one faded with the sun.

Ice on the inside of the window, we called it the Jack frost pattern.
                        Clothes left on the line overnight were like boards next morning,
                        Such great memories.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Doctor has been in touch. I can pick up a prescription at the chemist later today for Mr GF. Believe me he has got just about every lotion, potion and body wash known to man and it only usually gets annoying about once or twice a year. It runs in his family.
                          Never heard eurax cream. I'll have a look. Bloody predictive text kept trying to print durex!
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 09-12-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Bramble I remember clothes like boards. I remember standing a dress up in the bath to defrost.

Comment

• Ha ha ha gf that’s a brill giggle predictive text!

Comment

• Just remembering, re "Dead sea salts" when my husband used to go swimming in the sea (Mediterranean) quite a lot he never had problems with eczema and if I went snorkelling it did amazing things for my sinuses. It's a great shame that chemical filled swimming baths have the opposite effect.
                                Off for a quick trip to the allotment next.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X