Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Nicos and All Hope you got back to sleep Nicos. Cold but dry. Have a day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good that is, it's early so excuse me

Comment

• Morning all. Looks a bit grey out but the wind has dropped and even the silver birch isn't moving a twig. Must go and put the bins out, our collection men are early birds. Kettle's on
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning it seems very dark today, only been out as far as the gate to collect milk.

Nicos I know what you mean about street lights there's one outside our bedroom window, soon after moving here bought blackout curtains, light still comes in above the rail but I don't fancy having pelmets.

Mothhawk our bins get emptied just before 6.30 luckily the noisy red recycling one is later at around 12ish so i'm glad they're not the other way around.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-12-2021, 10:44 AM. Reason: Predictive text:( rail not rain
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yup - I did get back to sleep thanks …thanks for the cuppa MH

It’s strange being back in the land of multiple recycling bins everywhere!
            At home, we leave out 2 bags….one with household rubbish which can’t be recycled and one specific plastic bag ( made from maize or something) containing paper, metal and plastic) Both get collected by the same truck.
            Bottles we have to take to a bottle bank .
            Anything else we take to the local village tip for recycling ( wood, metal, building rubble etc,fabric, batteries, white goods etc) and those tend to be open one day in the week and one day at weekend.

Mince pies and yogurt for breakfast … gotta eat them whilst I can!

Have a great day peeps - keep warm and safe….especially those I read about who are still without power following the last storm…it looks like another is on its way just as we head to the ferry
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Snadger, I hope it wasn't too upsetting visiting the grave, six months isn't a long time.
              It is very grey and wet here again. I still haven't made Christmas puddings yet.....must put some butter to freeze. The trouble is the freezers are full to bursting. Mr GF wants prawns today, will half a pound of butter fit in the gap the prawns come out of?
              Jobs for this morning: Deliver some cottage pie to one of the in-laws, drop off a prescription, pick up more lateral flow tests and write Christmas cards.
              I must stay away from the knitting or I'll get nothing done as once I pick it up I can't put it down. It is nearly finished now..... just the collar to knit.
              I hope you get your kitchen back soon Flo and things improve.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                a lovely bright sunny morning here.
                We, seem to be doing well with our weather.
                lots of warnings for Storm Barra due to hit us tomorrow.

Our bin collection is usually around 7.30,in morning and always on a Friday.

Another visit
                to the physio this morning hopefully th last one.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Feeling very mortal today. It's my birthday... Mr Snoop is outside making my birthday present, a lame like Bren's, as mine has a curving blade and I want a straight one. I've ordered a big pack of spare blades in readiness. Perhaps I should change my name to Slasher!

Good luck with the weather, guys. Grey here and still quite windy.

Not quite sure what the rest of the day has in store for me. The dogs could do with a good long walk, but it's a public holiday here, which means hunters will be out and about. So might hold off on that till later.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon and a Happy Birthday to Snoop

Its been snowing here for the past couple of hours luckily its not settling and I've already been out shopping so its not to bad.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Birpday Snoop - sounds like a fantastic pressie!

We had a bit of sleet earlier followed by a lovely rainbow.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy Birthday lovely Snoop, hope you've had a super day x

Comment

• Happy Birthday Snoop Puss hope it was a good one.

And Snadger, I can't begin to guess how you feel thats a long time to spend with someone we've done 36 years and I think we're still friends but I'd be lost without Mrs G.
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Thanks, guys.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Snoop. Did you make yourself a cake?
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Snoop, I hope someone else made you a cake!
                                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X