This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

I used to get upset if a decoration broke, so I can't imagine actually throwing one out, mothhawk. Not surprised you've hung onto them all. No decorations for us again this year, as no visitors to put them up for. Mr Snoop might put up some fairy lights, if I ask.

Yesterday was an interesting day out. A very different feel in the town to the last time I was there, all of four weeks ago. All the signs about which seats you can sit in are back out at the hospital. Everyone with no exceptions wearing masks on the streets. Next to no-one in the one supermarket I went in.

On the cards for today, a bit of work and plant out more onions I got Mr Snoop to buy. It's blowing a freezing gale out there, mind.

The smiles have been having a bit of a lie-in this morning. I didn't sleep that well and probably kept them awake. Anyway, I've been chivvying them and they say they'll set off in a few minutes and apologise for leaving late.

Hope you all have a great day.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-12-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Greenishfing I'm the same I've not knitted anything for years apart from cotton dishcloths, when i knit a new batch the old ones either go in the rag bag or MrP claims them for his shed.

Snoop no tree here I gave up on them a few years ago instead we collect holly and decorate the mantlepiece to me it looks rather festive.

I'd best get on and bake my bread.

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My husband was in full moaning mood this morning due to the fact that "we" had forgotten to set the breadmaker off yesterday. After he got the choice of toasted crumpets or pannetone he definitely cheered up. I must remember to make bread today however.
        I really ought to give a good clean today if I am going to put any decorations up. At least once they are up it's a good excuse for not trying to dust for a while......don't want to break them! I have got one of those ottoman beds where the base lifts up and I did spot the christmas decorations hiding in there the other day when I was putting Christmas presents in. I haven't made Christmas pudds yet either. I ought to put some butter to freeze ready for grating and search out the recipe. My sister bought me some new Christmas pudding basins not long ago. She usually gets two puddings.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Good to see you again Peteyd!…I’d wondered what you were up to

Day off today … breakfast in bed - finishing off the crumpets and Soreen! ( got to make the most of them whilst I can still get them!)

Might make some wreaths today - the hedgerows are full of holly with berries.

Off to our son’s tomorrow - only seen him for 2 days so far in almost 2 years…Poor lad is going to get loads of mommy huggles even though he’s 6’4” I think he’ll enjoy them - haha - not much choice really!
          We’ll be helping to put up their Xmas decorations over the weekend and help build a small wood store for them.

Talking of knitting - I started knitting a hat a while ago for g’daughter but hadn’t got the right sized needles nor the right thickness of wool for the pattern - so I sort of made it up whilst I went along. It ended up huuuuge!…and has now ended up as a beanie for my son in law! Ha!

I know I’ve mentioned this a few years back but one of our neighbours in the uk had their parents childhood chocolate Xmas tree decorations. Can’t recall exactly how old but we’ll over 60 years old by now.
          Totally inedible of course but I thought how sweet that was to carry on the tradition!

Time for another brew …..

Keep safe and warm everyone! See ya later!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Dull and grey here and not a breeze,
            My pin was to make jam today to free up some freezer space, however, I have been asked to look after my grandson for a few hours.
            It wont be happening today as a 3 year old needs someone to play with.

Nicos, sound like you're having a great holiday,

No smiles arrived here yet Snoop.

As for puddings, my daughter haxkindly made them the last few years.
            The Christmas decorations will probably go up net week,
            It gets harder each year taking them akl down from the attic but needs must.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, a wee bit of shopping this morning then once back home as it was dry I was out to the garden, (OH is in cleaning mode and it's me that's to do the cleaning​​​​​​) I planted some onion sets then replaced a pane of glass from the greenhouse with a sheet of aluminium as I have decided to install a small wood burner, as it doesn't warrant running an electric heater in the greenhouse, when it's as cold as this, OH needs to keep an electric heater on along with the central heating, as she feels it very cold, and yes she has several layers on, I'm sitting in shirt sleeves . Enjoy your weekend, keep warm and safe and pass on a smile ​​​​​​​
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well I got into the Grinchmas spirit today and went shopping with Mrs G ... oh how we laughed ... but made up for it with a visit to our local bakers and got some of their home made samosas and cake

This afternoon I did a lot of mulling and I've decided to give the allotment another chance - I so enjoy going down there even if it s only to sit and drink tea and I just don't want to admit defeat to the sons of milkmen. SO I sketched it out and I reckon if I just strim the majority of the plot and then just dig a bed about 30ft x 20ft that will give me more than enough space to grow on with the two beds at home and I can grow a few cut flowers for Mrs G and then then make a 3 or 4 beds for some perennials like strawberries and Rhubarb and Raspberries and Mrs G's Asparagus Then if I want to keep a few chooks again for a few eggs I can do.

So all in all a productive tea drinking session
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Evening All We had the Pfizer booster yesterday, other two were AZ and I think I've had a reaction to it. I've been freezing all day at work and since coming home I've kept falling asleep and my arm hurts! Oh well, I'm told it's a good sign. Himself, I think, is secretly pleased that there'll be no tree this year. Little does he know, I've bought a new pre-lit garland for the fireplace - I can't cancel Saturnalia altogether. Have a lovely evening, I'm off for another nap.....
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all - Christmas Decs are down from the loft and warming up in the dining room as we speak. hoping to get them up this weekend!

have a nice weeks all - Happy Friday!
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all. lovely clear sky here, so a little bit chilly, though no frost. I'm taking a break from putting up the tree to have a cuppa. The bottom section is on the stand and branches unfurled, the middle section is on and half unfurled, so just that to finish then the top bit to go on. I'll put the lights on today, then probably leave the decorations till tomorrow.

I've promised myself I'll look in the sales for a new tree next year, a slimmer one, as this one takes up a lot of floor space, which limits where it can stand, plus it's blooming heavy to haul back into the loft again.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like your immune system is kicking in big time, Flo. Oh, I was just about to ask who the sons of dairy men are, but then I got it...

So, on the cards today, plant out the onions, which I didn't do yesterday. Probably just as well as yesterday the weather was miserable, and at the moment it's sunny, albeit perishing cold. Due to go back to miserable this afternoon, so there's an incentive to get it done this morning.

It's our village's Christmas fair this weekend. We'll be going along for the switching on of the lights and to hear kids from the music school perform a Christmas concert. Let's see if that gets us in the Christmas mood.

Right, on with the show. The smiles have declared that they're taking up residence in the Gardeners Rest for the duration. Plenty of laughs there and it's nice and warm indoors. So they won't be making house calls for the next few weeks.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Of later to a Christmas fair its usually an outside event but looking at todays weather not sure what will be happening.

Hope you feel better today Flo xx the only side effect I had from my Pfizer booster was arm ache, I did expect the feel bad for 4 days like I had with the previous AZ jabs.

enjoy your Saturday.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Weird weather here this morning. In the last half hour we've had blue sky and sun followed by clouds and heavy rain twice. I don't know how it can change so fast. This time last week we had snow.
                            The knitting needles have been working overtime. I'd forgotten how satisfying it is to see it growing and the cable pattern appearing.
                            Off to get my husband a newspaper next, put some prescriptions in and post some Christmas cards that are going overseas. My husband is watching James Martin at the moment. By the time it's over I'm sure he'll have some new request.

Comment

• Good evening, getting dark lights on already, decided to put a small wood burner into the greenhouse, it's getting too cold to be standing outside to dodge the housework had it all set up and sitting watching the birds when I noticed one sitting on top of chimney cover, so decided to go back out and lift the top section off and insert some wire mesh to avoid any birds getting into the chimney, once they get in they can't get back out, and ofcourse while doing that I had to climb a ladder, which OH observed and when back in it was to a lecture, my goodnessyou would think she would know that I am able to go up a ladder, after all I am ** over 21 Well enjoy the evening, keep safe and make sure the only thing you pass on is a smile
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                Spent a good portion of the day making tomato soup​.
                                I used up 10 lbs of tomatoes and I would say there is still the same amount in the other freezer.
                                I may have to,have another cooking session tomorrow.
                                Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...