Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will keep all my body parts crossed Flo.
    Today suddenly realising we only had three weeks left to buy presents my husband prodded me into shopping. Luckily my family (I hope they don't know this is me) are in the main boozers and my husband's are elderly and like comfy lounging clothes. A few hours and several litres of spirits later along with a mountain of dressing gowns and pyjamas most of the shopping is done even including Christmas cards and booze bags. Still got baby clothes to knit, might have to get up to warp speed but at least I feel a lot happier.
    I was shopping in the booze aisle in Sainsburys and couldn't help grinning as I heard an older couple having the sort of argument Mr GF and I would have had if I hadn't left him in the car. "They do like whisky"....."No she doesn't, it's not fair to buy something only he likes". "Do they both like gin?......." Even behind my mask the woman the woman realised I was smiling and glared at me until I said "You are just like me and my husband......I have left him in the car". Her husband was sent to the cafe.

Comment

• Still got everything crossed for you Flo.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold again, no surprise there then. Another little win on the lottery - you crossed lot may be changing my luck? Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Glad to hear it Flo…well done!

Morning all, chilly this morning. Off to the Christmas market today with my daughter and granddaughter, looking forward to it.
          Enjoy your day whatever you are up too. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Brrr here too.

Well done Flo…really chuffed for you - you deserve a treat.
            Just munching my way through a couple of crumpets ( mmmmmm….) and then off planting saplings.
            I’m wearing so many layers I look like the Michelin man!… one stumble and I’ll roll all the way down the hillside. Te he .

Have a great time at the Xmas market Jay. I’m sure your granddaughter will love all the bright sparkly colours.
            Yesterday I had the honour of mine crawling over to me, lifting her arms and demanding a big granny snuggle…awww.
            Its funny how they try to ‘kiss’ by pushing their face towards you with mouth open wide . I’d forgotten about that.
            9 months old already - boy the months are flying by.
            It’ll soon be time for sowing our veggie seeds!

Best make a move - it’s a bit feisty and dark still out there so not very inviting.

Keep warm and safe peeps and watch out for Michelin shaped grannies rolling down hillsides.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cold here again but not quite freezing. As I was writing Christmas cards I suddenly realised that I hadn't heard from my stepdaughter in Cyprus for a while. I sent an email. I got a long email back with photos just seconds later. She was writing Christmas cards at the same time and had thought exactly the same thing.
              I really must go to the wool shop today and see what they've got to inspire me in baby wool/patterns for my great nephew.

Comment

• Morning

Congrats on your win Flo hope it bought a smile

Jay enjoy your shopping trip lots for the little one to look at and try to grab Nicos that's sweet her coming for a cuddle I'd also forgot about the mouth thing.

Grory hop today then opticians later.

Enjoy your day..

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to hear things are improving a bit, Flo. I've still got assorted limbs crossed. Have ordered a special delivery of smiles for you. They've tried forming crosses as well, but it didn't work well... Still, the thought was there.

Yet another hospital visit for me today. Mr Snoop not best pleased as the town the hospital is in is pretty much the Covid capital of Spain. He'll be giving our usual supermarket a miss and going for one of the others that has next to no customers.

So, better get a move on. Smiles were on the move early this morning, practising their aerobics to form crosses. They set off not long after giving up, so they should already be hovering somewhere nearby.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Bright and sunny but just 2 degs.

Dont babies bring do much joy,
                    Enjoy your trip to the Christmas market Jay.
                    Nicos, take all the kisses you can get.

I must go into town this morning to pick up some more gifts.

Glad to hear your having a bit of good luck Flo, it's well deserved.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello all, im back from an impromptu month long internet break. hope i havent missed much! i'll spend the next day or so catching up!

Hope all are well and veggie patches are happy.
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon all and hello again Petey
                        We had a bit of snow overnight, and frost which made the village roads a bit icy, but the sun has chased it all away now. Did a grory hop this morning, then out for a walk round the footpaths in the sunshine. They are starting to get very muddy now, so wellies are the order of the day.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Welcome back Peteyd
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday. But milder. Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all.
                              Drizzly rain here. Kettle's on for the first brew of the day. I've cleared space in the living room for the tree, got to get it out of the loft today. Each year it gets a bit harder to do, but there's too much tree and too many decorations to fit in a cupboard. They are nearly all glass, so need careful packing and lots of space. I should thin them out, but it's hard to part with beautiful baubles.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all. I'm still snuggled up in bed here. I'll get up once the central heating gets going and the urge for coffee drives me into the kitchen. I've just turned the thermostat up. I've been wide awake for ages. I went to the wool shop yesterday and bought wool and a pattern. I haven't knitted for a good few years. In fact all my needles and paraphernalia nearly went into a charity shop bag a couple of years ago. Still it appears I haven't forgotten how to do it. I'm still not feeling Christmassy yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X