This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.
    Been in the garden this morning pulling out and chopping up the cosmos that the snow and frost has finally seen off. They've done well, flowering from August right up to the weekend snows.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon back indoors for a mug of tea collected and bagged leaves, deadheaded, and generally tidied the garden. It was more fun than this mornings household chores.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Really lucky with the weather today. Not too cold and not too windy for lunch outdoors with friends. Still bright, but now perishing cold. So they've gone and we're left with the liqueurs...

Lovely photo, gf.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

Comment

• Good evening, it hasn't been as cold today but have had rain most of the day, was up at the church this morning helping with the Christmas tree after that I collected the dogs to take them a walk, going to have, an early tea as I am taking one of the grandsons to Kilmarnock for he's music lessons, great how they change as they get older, in the past he used to sit and play the guitar to us all the time, which was enjoyable, now he is older and playing even better he doesn't want to play I front of us now, he's too embarrassed, don't think I was like that when I was younger, my older sister says I was never embarrassed by anything, just a constant embarrassment to her but then she's 11 years older than me and older sisters are easyly embarrassed ​​​​​​. Enjoy your evening and keep warm and safe, even with the worry about covid, keep a smile on your face Goodnight
          Last edited by rary; 30-11-2021, 08:42 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• well the christmas scene has gone and it was 10c today so I sat outside in my mankini ... kept the pigeons off the brassica's I can tell you ...

had a quiet day today waiting in for parcels for Mrs and Mis G so I read a bit and watched a bit of telly ...

So time to drink my coffee.
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

• Evening All Sner has gone thank goodness as I'm back at the Germ Factory tomorrow until the weekend. I suppose it will be a nice change to be away from the building site for a bit. They're coming to re-inspect the floors. We're told that the kitchen/dining room and under the stairs will have to come up, but if the tiles in the living room are undamaged, we may get away with having that ripped up, so keep your fingers crossed please. All this disruption is making me put on weight, I've never eaten so much processed food and because there's not much taste to the main meals, we've started eating desserts. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Bet those pigeons were shocked Nick
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold but no frost. Have a good day All

Comment

• Morning all. Sounds like you'll be putting up with the building site for quite a while, Flo, what a thing to face at this time of year.
                  Just spent over an hour trying to find the <settings> tab on my email (bt). After searching everywhere I could think, I resorted to searching for an answer online. After a lot of non-results I finally found a forum that told me where bt hide the darned thing.

I needed it because I inadvertently blocked the domain my sister uses for emails, no idea how it happened, and needed to unblock it. I haven't received emails from her in quite a while, though she gets mine. (She lives in the U.S. so we don't phone each other often). I've asked her to send a test email but as it's only 3.45am there right now, I won't know if it's worked till this afternoon
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Fingers and legs crossed for you, FF. You too, MH.

Really hard frost this morning. Good, says Mr Snoop, kill off the bugs (meaning ticks and the bee-killing hornets). Clouds and a bit more rain forecast for today. So far just whispy clouds, but starting to bunch up a bit. Glad for a bit of peace and quiet from the wind. I guess you all are too.

So, on the cards for me today: billing and then a bit of work. We're also providing lunch for friends up the valley. They're leaving today. All this eating we've done over the last ten days is starting to get a bit much. I imagine I've put back on all the weight I'd lost beforehand and added a bit more beside.

The smiles set off early while there was still some decent sunshine about so should be with you shortly.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Baby sitting today By’eck……I’m rummaging around in my cobwebs to remember nursery rhymes!
                      I’m a self declared rubbish singer but I do at least have one admirer these days!

I did a marathon baking sesh yesterday too so the freezer is full of goodies.
                      Perfect weather for having the oven on for half the day too

Not had chance to read back, sorry, but I accidentally spotted NTG’s comments about wearing a manikin…..​​​​​…..that thought is going to be stuck with me all day now Thanks Nick

Keep warm and safe peeps!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Not a bad day here just very windy my poor wind socks getting a battering.

Its our last Council green bin collection tomorrow till March so I'll be looking around the garden to see if there's anything that doesn't go in my Daleks.

Crossing my for you Flo xx it does sound such a mess.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning Nicos you sneaked in as I was typing. one rhyme that sticks in my head is 'the wheels on the bus....
                          I'll probably be humming it all day now

Comment

• Nicos I like the nursery rhymes with action such as I'm a little teapot and This little piggy went to market although the one that is running through my head now is Oranges and lemons.
                            Flo, I don't know how you are coping with all your disruption. I hope you get it sorted soon.
                            Mothawk I'm glad you've managed to unblock your sister hopefully. Amazing the damage one little click can do.
                            Yesterday I realised that it was so cold in the kitchen because the radiator in there wasn't working. Drat! I was just thinking it's a long time since I had to bleed a radiator when I suddenly noticed that it was turned off. Mr GF insists it wasn't him, I have never turned it off to my knowledge and there is only the two of us here. Never mind it is now blasting heat out again. Either a poltergeist or I've done it by accident in one of my rare cleaning sprees.
                            The sun has just put in a brave appearance but it is not forecast to stay. At least we're well above freezing, 7°C and forecast to go up to the dizzying height of 8 °C later.
                            Have a good day everyone. Keep warm.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A breezy day but no un just yet.

Nursery rhymes Nicosl Hey diddle diddle and Baa baa black sheep come to mind.
                              I'm sure you're enjoying the whole baby sitting experience.

Flo, keep your spirits up, itcant go on forever.
                              It's just an awful time of year to have things go wrong.

The smiles arrived ages ago Snoop.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well it may be that thanks are in order for you all crossing various body parts as they're coming next Thursday to take up the asbestos flooring in the kitchen, dining room and under the stairs, but we might have got away with the living room - just don't uncross those limbs yet please!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X