Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning again. In the end I had a mug of coffee and then went back to bed with my ear buds in and listened to some detective story on radio 4 extra. It did exactly what I hoped it would do......sent me back to sleep.

Comment

• Morning all.
      Cool and cloudy here. Been out to check for daffs - not a shoot in sight, though plenty of grape hyacinths. Try as I might, I just can't get them all out.

Defrosted the fridge-freezer yesterday and gave it a thorough clean out, and I found, skulking behind 4 jars of jam, the last little scoop of ground coffee that I thought was finished many weeks ago when I decided to give it up. So later today, I shall be savouring a cup or two of coffee for the first time in months. I considered throwing it out because I fear after tasting it I may start to buy coffee again, but that would be shocking food waste, wouldn't it?

So I'll drink it.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thanks for the weather warnings, guys. I've just checked ours... One says snow and rain starting Tuesday. The other just says rain. But the rain is at least 70 mm of rain plus 28 cm of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. The ground is going to be sodden. I might persuade the smiles to stay up your way for a bit, as they'll find it difficult to get through in the snow. They don't need much. No food, though they love the smell of cakes and biscuits. And just a bag to tuck up in at night. Maybe a bag big enough for a few as they don't much like being on their own.

Right, got masses to get through. Loads of paid work and lots of pre-weather preparations to make. So better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good evening all.
          Played pitch and putt this afternoon and got soaked in drizzly rain.
          The forecast is set to drop here from tomorrow.
          Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, weather has been a bit mixed today a bit of rain this morning while walking up for my paper, then once in the house a right heavy shower but passed quickly, so after a cup of coffee I got out to the garden for a time, then I was a taxi driver for granddaughter and her friend, then this evening our son and family were down for some fish and chips nice on both counts OH is now catching up on that dance program so I am going to read my book, I won't bother checking road conditions for tomorrow, as we will be leaving early enough that I don't need to drive very fast if road conditions are poor, enjoy the rest of your weekend and if its a long weekend for you take it easy
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Anyone up for a cuppa?
              Looks like we’re set for lots of sploshy stuff today.
              Good job OH raked up the leaves on the driveway yesterday and spread them over one of the potagers. A nice snuggly duvet for winter!

Domestics for me today with a view to packing.
              I might use up some eggs and bake a cake too.

No set plans for me - what’s everyone else up to?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Brrrr!! It feels very cold here. The car is frozen and nearby roofs are white. I have no plans to go anywhere in a hurry this morning. My husband is already in semi-hibernation mode. Never mind, it is warm and cozy indoors.
                Keep warm everyone!

Comment

• Morning

Overnight GH temp was3.9c so no frost here, it does feel cold out though.

No real plans for today Nicos so mix of, gardening, house stuff, some visiting and baking.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm definitely up for a cuppa, Nicos, thanks. There's a big box of Biscoff biscuits if anyone fancies them. They were on special offer, but I shouldn't have bought them...

Busy day again today but should be back to normal come Tuesday. Rain is still on according to the weather forecasts but the snow is off. Phew.

Frankie is out and so are the hunters, unfortunately. Very close. The smiles whizzed off to get out of their way. Frankie's quite a clever lad so I presume he'll do likewise. One thing that isn't quite so clever: he has turned his attention to rodents at long last but, unfortunately for us, he likes them best when they're alive and running around and has taken to carrying them indoors to stop the dogs from grabbing them. We have at least two downstairs in the basement again...

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone, whatever you get up to.

Comment

• Morning all. I'm always up for a cuppa Nicos. Just had my cereal. Good day yesterday (despite coming home) My beloved Tigers won again. England won and I'm just watching the France game.

ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Bright and sunny but just 3 degs here so definitely much cooler.
                        No plans for the day although my grandson is coming for lunch.

No teas formed thanks Nicos I already had thredcups.
                        Out for a walk and more raking the leaves later.
                        Have a good day alo and muffle up, it's cold out there.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Frosty start here and now it's lovely and sunny, though the air is still chilly. All the domestics are done and lunch prepped, so I can chill out now for an hour with a mid- morning cuppa.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Not a bad morning. Our ancient and much used printer died yesterday so I'd been looking for a suitable replacement as I'm in the middle of copying and printing some old photos for a relative. The first one I thought was suitable looked great until I looked at the price of the inks, basically a set of inks cost as much as the printer. In the end I picked one. My requirements: It had to have a scanner, it had to be wi-fi, it had to be able to print half decent photos from my phone and the inks shouldn't require a second mortgage. I then looked where it was in stock. Sold out at both local Curry's and Argos and not available for delivery even later in the week.. Hmmm! Fortunately I live near the West Yorkshire/South Yorkshire border. In stock 8 miles away, the other side of the border. Obviously they have a different warehouse/delivery over there.
                            I've clicked, collected and unpacked. Just got to set the thing up now and I vaguely remember that me and printers and scanners have had problems in the past and I don't suppose they've got any easier. Oh well, best foot forward. I can't put it off any longer.

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine here but dark and cold - 3 degrees. Have a good d day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Fine and frozen here too.🥶 ....... and far too early.😴 Time for a coffee I think.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X