X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here you go…..very much like this…

https://www.lemmensdiest.be/Savage-G...yABEgL5t_D_BwE

They were sat on them like armchairs but with their feet dangling in the water wearing flippers.
    I suppose it’s sort of based on the idea of paddling around like ducks . Brill idea! I’d never seen them before.

Bit early, but the kettle’s on - porridge today…brrrr….

Anyone got an exciting weekend ahead?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Bright but very frosty this morning.

Looks like fun, Nicos, but not cheap. Mind you, the idea of it had me and the smiles smiling again. Would be especially good if the people flippered their way about making those kind of dib-dib noises that ducks do. The smiles have headed off, doing their best duck impersonations, though admittedly not very good. Maybe they'll have got better at it by the time they reach you.

On the sad side, we now have an ageing dog situation. She's gone into a very sudden decline. Not sure if it's physical or old age caught up with her all at once. Fingers crossed it's physical and something can be done about it, because just a few days ago, she was running about, as best she could, and acting jolly.

Not much other news. Got some paid work to catch up on after all the distractions of the land work.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Here you go…..very much like this…

https://www.lemmensdiest.be/Savage-G...yABEgL5t_D_BwE

They were sat on them like armchairs but with their feet dangling in the water wearing flippers.
        I suppose it’s sort of based on the idea of paddling around like ducks . Brill idea! I’d never seen them before.

Bit early, but the kettle’s on - porridge today…brrrr….

Anyone got an exciting weekend ahead?
        Never seen anything anywhere like those inflatables. Intriguing. Up and having my first coffee as I've got to go and have my flu jab at 9.15. At the moment we're in double figures here, 11°C and cloudy. When I was a kid it was always foggy the morning after bonfire night with the wonderful smell af woodsmoke in the murk. I heard fireworks last night but didn't catch a glimpse of any bonfires, and it's years since I've seen any young kids with a homemade guy trying to get "a penny for the guy". I've only just remembered the fun we had creating our guy and stuffing him with straw. How children's lives have changed.

Comment

• We used to stuff our Guy with scrunched up newspaper gf !
          Making them really was fun wasn’t it?

Comment

• Morning

It was a warm 8c in my GH overnight so a mild day today. Spotted a few fireworks last night but nothing like its been in previous years and they stopped by 9ish.
            First thing today is to collect leaves then generally tidy up the garden I didn't spot any rocket stick when I went down for raspberries. which is a first.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. What an evening! Fireworks going off as loud as gunshots from 6pm till after 10pm. They must have been really close to be so loud, and who on earth can afford the cost of so many? They really were going off every couple of minutes, so much so that I began to think it was someone firing off a gun repeatedly. Hope that's the end of it and it doesn't happen again tonight. I felt really sorry for everyone around that has pets, and that is nearly every household in my road. And why do people want fireworks that just go bang? What happened to all the pretty ones. They don't need to make so much noise I'm sure.

Oh well, moan over.

Hope your old dog perks up, Snoop. It's very hard knowing a beloved pet is coming to the end of its life and having to face the inevitable decisions that are part and parcel of pet ownership.

I'm going to have another brew. Anyone care to join me? there are peanut butter cookies I made yesterday. I know I still shouldn't be eating biscuits, but what the heck, I've lost the stone I promised myself to lose before my birthday (this month), and another half stone, so I feel I can indulge a little bit.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Back from the surgery. It really was just like a production line, very organised.
                Snoop I'm sad to hear about your poorly dog. I hope it's just temporary. Not a sniff of old bonfires and fireworks this morning.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and quite cold here. Making a start on taking tranklements upstairs. I can't do any heavy lifting, but it will settle my mind if some of it is shifted. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^Tranklements... there's a word that made me smile, Flo. You might be the first person I've seen use it in donkey's years.

Comment

• shopping done and dusted ... Coffee made and I thought I'd be a devil and had a toasted teacake for brekkers ... I like to go a bit left field now and again.

Apart from that its just a sit and relax time I think ... bit dull and miserable but warm
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has been a cold wet and windy day today, have been doing a bit of papering, not the best time of year for doing this, but then as far as I am concerned it's never a good time of year for that, did get out to the greenhouse for a bit of work as well, I have now sown a basket with some peas and another with lettuce, hopefully they will be well out the way of any snails and mice, now sitting watching the birds, the feeder was topped up with seeds a bit earlier and needs to get filled again, my feeder unit has three feeders on it, seeds, fat balls and peanuts, and I note that it's the fat balls and seeds they are going for, they hardly touch the peanuts so need to see if I can alter the peanut feeder to hold sunflower seeds or similar, and talking about feeding I will need to go and see about feeding ourselves, I am for making a curry tonight so of to prepair what I need, enjoy your evening, keep safe and keep smiling
                        ​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

I didn't bother trying to rake leaves its been just to windy all day, at least the leaves can't escape the garden hopefully they'll all gather at the base of the walls.

Did you get much sorted Flo, this can't be an easy job hope you have plenty of help xx
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren. No help today, but I managed to move plenty of "bits" to temporary places. My youngest son comes tomorrow, so he'll help with the heavier things thank goodness. He'll also bring breakfast! More fireworks tonight, though not as noisy as last night. Have a lovely evening

Comment

• Good Morning All Very cold wind here, but dry and bright, ideal for the washing it also looks like strangled eggs again We did have a little win on the lottery though, so there's a consolation Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Congrats on your lottery win Flo!…always welcome eh?
                                Enjoy your time with your son - I’m sure you’ll feel things are starting to move on when he’s helped move some of the heavier things.
                                ( wonders what delights her son will bring for breakfast?)

Its another frosty sunny start to the day and it looks really lovely outside - so many trees still bearing or orange/ yellow/ brown leaves glowing in the sunlight.
                                The forecast is for a dry week , so hopefully we’ll be able to collect quite a few leaves for composting down.
                                Who doesn’t love free compost!

Late start for me - I was up half the night again

Enjoy your day peeps - I plan to do a bit of clearing up outside the front door, then get some requested crocheted flowers made for our granddaughter’s hats.
                                Last edited by Nicos; 07-11-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X