Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Flo, you sneaked in, I dozed off in the middle of posting. I have absolute sympathy, and as for the glory hole and it's depths, you never know what treasure you might unearth. Best wishes! I hope it all gets sorted quickly.
    NTG, beautiful photos.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 04-11-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Flo, what a dreadful mess for you. Such a huge upheaval.. You're lucky to have such helpful family.
      Try to take it dsy by day and dont think too far ahead.

My hunt for shoes seems a small blip in comparison.
      I wouldn't bother only they are for a wedding and I am needing navy.
      I'm sure I will find what I need eventually,
      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Thanks All, I'm trying to turn the negative into positive! Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

good one Flo

Bonfire night already!

No idea what I’m doing today…OH is suggesting we go out in the camper seeing as it’s not raining. Sounds a good idea

I have made a hotpot and cooked a beetroot for tonight so I’m hoping we can sit outside and light our fire pit in our garden when it gets dark . I’ve not got any fireworks but I do have a few cake sparklers from years ago…tonight might be a good night to light them and wave them around a bit

Anyone got fond childhood memories of Bonfire night?
          We used to go to a neighbour’s garden who had a small veg plot at the end and they always made a bonfire.
          Jacket spuds, hotpot, fresh beetroot after the fireworks , then we children -6 of us- used to pair up and run around the streets looking for rocket sticks. It seems it was always misty and had a wonderful smell of bonfires and fireworks in the air.
          The streets were safe back then and I cringe at the pollution and fire risks of health and safety

Time for a brew methinks!
          Enjoy your day whatever you get up to

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Only 3°C here at the moment. Brrrr! The first time I got up and peeked out, about 6am, the car, was white over. The second time I woke up I was snuggled up tightly to Mr GF who had pinched all the duvet. Far nicer than a hot water bottle or electric blanket. Much as I'm not a fan of cold weather it does have it's compensations.
            I used to love bonfire night. The smell was wonderful: bonfires, fireworks and sausages and onions frying. We always seemed to have hotdogs, parkin and maybe a toffee apple. I don't remember there being much health and safety either. We didn't have any celebrations for Halloween then but we did have "Mischief Night".
            Last edited by greenishfing; 05-11-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Flo that sounds such a mess and a lot of hard work xx

Nicos my childhood bonfire memories were as kids sitting on upturned Davenports beer crates around the bonfire while Dad set of the fireworks. Then falling out who would get to hold the hosepipe in case the hedge caught fire.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                The frost and sunshine have gone and it is overcast now. I'm not a fan of Guy Fawkes Night, but I have been known to watch other folks rockets from the bedroom windows. Pretty from a distance but I wouldn't want to be up close. From there I can also see the moving dots of light that are torches of people who have climbed our local hill to get a 360 degree view. It's the only hill for a good few miles, so the view must be pretty good.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, feel for you Flo…be positive!
                  bramble, I was looking for navy shoes to go with a dress for a wedding a couple of months ago, they seem to be hard to get. Ended up using old silver ones I already had in stock!
                  Damp this morning and no sign of this awful cold I’ve got shifting any time soon.
                  Anyhoo, it’s Friday, enjoy your weekend. Great photos NtG!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Golly gosh, Flo. What a palaver and a half. Good you've got people rallying round you. Hope it all gets sorted quickly.

And lovely photos, Nick. Looks like a great place for a holiday. No fish and chips and ice cream every day, mind.

I remember Catherine wheels tied to the washing line. Such lovely things and such a horrible thing they're named after.

And... one of Mr Snoop's alter egos is called Imelda Marcos. I'm sure he's got a secret stash somewhere I don't even know about. His motto is: if you find a pair of shoes that fits well, buy two. I used to pride myself on having just two pairs of shoes, a pair of sandals, a pair of walking boots and a pair of slippers just so I could tease him. Now I've got six pairs of shoes, as my mum gave me some of her old ones, so no moral high ground for me any more.

Lots of work to get through today. Neighbours dropping round in a bit. Ploughing this afternoon. Need to do a bit more bed clearance as Mr Snoop got me lots of tiny onion plants for overwintering. Sweet white onions. Really nice. First onions made possible by the land clearance. I'll bob some garlic in next to them too. So that got me and the smiles smiling and they set off full of enthusiasm.

Have a great day, all.

Comment

• Bramble have you thought of dyeing a pair of shoes navy ? either buying dye or have them done at the cobblers.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Bramble have you thought of dyeing a pair of shoes navy ? either buying dye or have them done at the cobblers.
                        Bren, what a great idea, and no, I hadn't thought of that.
                        I have a couple of pairs that might be suitable.
                        I guess two heads are better than one Bren. 😀

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,
                          A little on the dull side but its 8 degs.
                          A trip to the post office this morning and then domestics.
                          Hopefully some outdoor activities this afternoon.
                          We dont do Guy Fawkes here so have a good night.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Loads of memories, but one of the most memorable was when one of my brothers threw a jumping jack into the outside lavatory which was occupied at the time with one of my sisters
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening
                              didn't fancy gardening today but still managed 4.5 hours, came in as it got dark
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Brrrrr innit?

Heavy frost here, although I’m not surprised as the grass was getting a bit crisp under foot yesterday evening when we lit the fire pit.
                                One warming Cidre chaud ( mulled cider) later and we were back indoors!

We had a lovely day out yesterday parking up in the sunshine front of a large lake.
                                The lake was really busy with fishermen both from the shore , boats and some funny inflatables - I’ll see if I can find a picture on t’internet….
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X