Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Special hello and smile for CG. Nice to see you again. And another one for mothhawk. Two weeks of not having windows and doors open... I don't think I could manage that.

I'll pass on the egg, NIcos, but I'll have some toast. Is that allowed?

All good chez Snoop. No digger man coming today but hospital visits instead. Allergy tests and one of those lung flow tests. I'm still alive and I presume they'll be able to confirm that!

Nice and sunny at the moment here, I'm afraid to say. The forecast rain has been cancelled, again. So ploughing tomorrow and muck delivery sometime soon.

The smiles are out in the fields at the moment with Frankie. He does everything with such determination, even going out the door has to be accompanied by a hop and a leap. Makes us all laugh. Anyway, I'm sure they'll be ready for the off in about ten minutes or so. Steam is starting to rise off the dew and possibly frost, so they'll probably make the most of the rising warm air to head on up and out.

By the way, somebody has recommended making quince liqueur with some of our quince. Anyone tried this? Is it any good?

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Grory Hop first then not to sure after that probably sorting paperwork.

I love poached eggs on Marmite toast but 3 dozen eggs looks like a lot of cake making Nicos.

Never made quince liqueur Snoop I did find this recipe here on the vine, not sure if its helpful or not.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...45#post1013545

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. Nice to see you again CG. It's neither raining here or frosty. A bit grey but I can see the tiniest patch of blue. As my grandad used to say "Enough to make a pair of britches for t' bairn.
        Not sure what we're up to today. We should have been having a haircut this morning but I've delayed that to next week to let Mr GFs bruises and scabs finish healing. I think I'll set off some more preserved lemons later as I've promised another jar to my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Never made quince liqueur Snoop I did find this recipe here on the vine, not sure if its helpful or not.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...45#post1013545
          That looks good, Bren. I've added brandy to Mr Snoop's shopping list for today. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
            Good morning all. Nice to see you again CG. It's neither raining here or frosty. A bit grey but I can see the tiniest patch of blue. As my grandad used to say "Enough to make a pair of britches for t' bairn.
            My gran used to say" enough blue to make a shirt"
            Northern England.

Comment

• Ha!…my granny used to say “ Enough blue to make a sailor’s shirt”
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Talking about weather….this short clip always makes me giggle - it’s a bit like that in Normandy too in the winter

https://youtube.com/watch?v=itc7cEPbx8g&feature=share

ooops - you just need to swipe it back to the beginning if it’s not already.
                Last edited by Nicos; 04-11-2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Well today I went for my annual (well it was the first for 2 years ) Diabetic check and they said they were very pleased with me ... My BP was the lowest its been for years so to celebrate I called in at the chippy on the way back and had Fish and Chips for lunch

got a few jobs to do in the coming week (including planting the hanging basket Peas (I found some Douce Provence Which are an early variety I f memory serves) then next saturday (13th) Im off down to south Wales for a week so I may post a few piccies on here if I can log in off my ipad should you be interested ...

A small taster for you from earlier this year
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Spent a good part of the day in town looking ar shoes.
                    I am looking for shoes with a bit of a heel on, nothing too high.
                    Well, shoes must be going out of fashion, most shops full of boots or trainers.
                    Lots of shoe shops gone out of business as well.
                    That's my moan for the day.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bramble I hope you find what you're looking for It's hard to find comfy dress shoes the sort you can wear all day. I do get spoilt by spending most of my time in either crocs or trainers then this time of year it trainers and walking shoes.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well some money spent today OH suggested looking at carpets for liv room.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Evening All Licking my wounds - there is asbestos in the floor tiles, so they all have to come up. We've been told we have to empty the lounge, dining room, kitchen and under the stairs for them to do it! I will have to box all the small stuff and get it upstairs. The furniture has to go into storage as I'm told they can't work around it, though they have made an exception of the fridge freezer. Under the stairs is my "Glory Hole" and I have no idea of what lurks in the back. I dread finding out. My son says I'm to have a life laundry, so that'll be interesting.
                          My eldest Golden Girl has done one lot of laundry for me which she brought back at teatime and took some more. The PJs I'm wearing at the minute smell delightful. She also brought food yesterday, announcing "Meals on Wheels" as she came into the kitchen. It felt very odd. as it's usually me delivering the food to others. It also made me very grateful.
                          Electrician coming tomorrow to check how the water has affected the sockets and appliances. I was told not to try anything that water has touched. My poor Kenwood - The bowl was so full we had to ladle it out to move it.
                          I'm back in the office at the moment, so at least I'm not in amongst it during the day.
                          Other than all that, life's peachy. Have a nice evening and see you all soon
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh Flo…..cant imagine how you feel…well I sort of can

I imagine your neighbours are blissfully unaware they must be in a similar situation re the asbestos?
                            I suppose one good thing is that you may feel it’s the right moment for a clear out/ charity drop ?
                            Sounds like you are in good hands….just weather it through lass x

NTG….yes please - I’d love to see some more photos! ….it looks really pretty there.

Bramble - I have a similar problem.
                            , so I just gave up and decided to wear crocs most of the time. French shoes tend to be too slim for me so I just polish up the old work shoes from 13 years ago if needs be

Early night for me - I’m shattered.
                            See you all in the morning….

Comment

• Just testing for the phone. Sunset at Saundersfoot. Night all
                              Attached Files
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

• Oh Nicos, the Joy's of Asterix, Obelix and everything else....abix. It's so long ago now since I became intrigued by them, much to the chagrin of my mother who refused to let me buy/read any English comics but who couldn't complain when my French teacher was sending me home with them. (Of course as an ardent reader I had already sneakily read every available english comic going).
                                Bramble I really sympathise. Buying shoes these days is a nightmare. When lockdown eased I was desperately in need of all kinds of footwear. I will never let myself get so "shoeless" again. To my mind something that absolutely must be tried on. Even in my mad and 4inch heel days I would never have bought shoes without trying them on. Our local city is a joke these days. No shops worth shopping in and extortionate parking charges. I can only presume the local council doesn't want a shopping centre, just bars, restaurants and a cathedral ....... oh sorry, forgot the waste of space grey blob, the "art " gallery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X