X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Hope you feel better soon Bramble - sounds like a nasty bug

I think I’d like a quiet day today - perhaps a bit of measuring up inside the camper….then phone some friends for a catch up.
    I did remember about the clocks …. Just have the car ones to change now.
    Does anyone have a car clock which changes itself?

Time for another brew and a bowl of porridge and get that fire lit. Can’t seem to get motivated this morning.
    Enjoy your day peeps , even if it does get darker earlier
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Its another wet and windy day here, so no gardening today.

Hope you soon feel better Bramble xx like you say you never know what's going around.

Peteyd any chance of seeing a photo of you finished pumpkin?

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Morning

Peteyd any chance of seeing a photo of you finished pumpkin?

* hands up !

Thats another here hoping to see a piccie too

And anyone else’s too please?

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you get better quick, Bramble. That sounds grim.

And yes, a picture please, Peteyd.

And I have to ask: does anyone here other than Nicos change their car clock? Our cars are too old to have clocks, but I remember my parents never bothered with theirs. More trouble than it was worth, as I recall.

Bright sun at the moment here. The smiles shot off while the going was good because the forecast is for very, very cloudy and possible rain.

Had a good day yesterday but not as productive as it could have been. I kept getting distracted by going out and looking at the fields. The dogs have been digging holes and Frankie is fascinated by them. So I'd better get on with the show so I can catch up on yesterday's dithering.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all. I hope everything gets sorted in your kitchen, Flo. It sounds as if you're having an awful time. Bramble , I hope it's just a 24 hour bug and you are already starting to feel better.
            I'd like to see pumpkin pics too if anybody has been feeling artistic.
            I woke to the sound of driving rain hitting the window and it is totally miserable outdoors, 9°C but feels like 6°C.
            I did remember to change the clocks last night, just the car still to do. It has been known for the car one to not get changed before and to spend 6 months just knowing it was an hour wrong. Regardless of the hour change I couldn't sleep though and was wandering around and raiding the fridge at 3am (milk and chocolate).
            It looks as if it's going to be cleaning and other domestic chores today.

Comment

• morning all. I've been awake since 4:00 so decided to read a bit which turned into a lot ... Raining here quite heavily so nothing going to get done outside I dont think .

I'm sorry to hear a couple of you are not having the best time at the moment - I hope things improve soon, the time of year doesn't help but it will soon be the shortest day and then things will get look brighter I hope.

time for tea ... large one methinks.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

• Morning all.

Rained heavily here earlier but now the clouds have blown away and it is as sunny as summer (not as warm though).

Thanks for the reminder to change the time on the car clock, Nicos. I don't wear a watch so when I'm in the car the only way to tell the time is by the clock. Many's the time I've got in the car to go to work, after changing the clocks, been driving sedately along, then glanced at the clock and panicked that I was late. (Or too early!). Not a problem since retirement of course.

Made rice pudding for dessert today, and while the oven was on turned the end of a loaf into my mum's favourite bread & butter pudding for later in the week.

Have a good Sunday all.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has been raining most of the day here , we have Daisy staying here for a couple of nights, so had her out early this morning and though the rain was quite heavy not much wind so used a big umbrella which kept me dry, the rain kept Daisy clean once back home a cup of coffee then out to church, now having som light showers, so if the stay off long enough I might get some work done, so off outside for a spell, enjoy your day
                  Last edited by rary; 01-11-2021, 03:52 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Much as I hate housework I have got through a lot today. I thought I had managed to exterminate the vacuum cleaner but it was just a hiccup due to overwork and it trying to eat a 2p piece. When it had cooled down it carried on.
                    It has stopped raining temporarily too. Still windy though.

Comment

• Prevening all

Took Kato for a walk up the moors and for the second time he bottled it. Came and nuzzled me and I imagined him saying " Can we go home now Dad as its a bit parky out here" I bundled him back in the car and have to realise that he is about 12 years old, or approx 84 in dog years.
                      I must be feeling MY age as I am going to dig out a 1000 piece jigsaw and start on it. That's after watching the first episode on BBC 1 of the new Dr Who series!

TTFN
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I’m just watching countryfile and waiting for Dr Who too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Good grief, Flo. What a saga! Fingers crossed it's not asbestos. How old is the house? I'm not surprised you're fed up. Those are good grounds for a moan, I'd say.
                          Built in 1979 Snoop. I wouldn't mind so much, but we'd just had the kitchen and dining room decorated and the carpet in the lounge was only just over a year old. Oh well, no more moaning.
                          We had scrambled egg and bacon this morning, done in the microwave. No fat. Not much taste either
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• 1979 and still a possibility of asbestos That's a shocker. I hope you manage to get a satisfactory solution. Sorry about the breakfast too... The rest hardly bears thinking about. I'd be tearing my hair out. xx

Comment

• I'm looking for someone to do my laundry now. I quite fancy the idea of someone collecting it and delivering it back to me all clean and dry. There's posh
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I hope you find a laundry service, Flo. You deserve a bit of pampering. The microwave might be the answer to some peoples prayers and heat up ready meals but it doesn't actually remotely replace a proper cooker. I hope you get sorted quickly. Good luck!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X