This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Its raining here as well Greenishfing looks like its set in for the morning, I hope MrGF doesn't feel sore today its good people came to help rather than walking away.

We've had fireworks here the last couple of evenings Nicos not close just in the distance there's usually more over the weekend though.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Shopping done, brekkers had time for a second coffee I think

I have some pots arriving today hopefully so I can start my shallots off. failing that I may have ordered some summer bedding seeds
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all.
        It rained here overnight but its dry and bright now.
        The temp is down however and it's just 6 degs.
        Glad your hubby didnt injure himself GF.
        We have had a few fireworks over the last couple of night.
        I feel so sorry for the poor Animals.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Prevening All Fed up to the back teeth - if that's the saying. Can't use the oven or the hob, only got half a carpet on the lounge floor, everything smells fusty and this morning the washing machine doesn't work . We're waiting for the result of asbestos tests on the floors - if it's positive, they all have to come up, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I haven't felt this fed up in a long time, so I've stayed out of your way, just popped by for a moan. I'm sure I'll bounce back soon
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon/evening all.

At Rockfit this morning without Daughter who had a bad night on the tiles. Made and ate my usual Saturday Big All Day Breafast at 2.00pm after doing some shopping at Lidl. I only went to get some of there frozen Calamari which I love, and finished up spending 50 squid (excuse pun) on impulse buys!

Just took Kato for long walk in the woods and ready for a cuppa.

CU later and TTFN.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening

Flo no wonder you’re feeling fed up xx. I didn’t realise you had floor problems as well as coping with the flooding.

Snadger that did turn out to be expensive Calamari

Enjoy your evening.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all hope you get good results very soon Flo,you can borrow my washing machine if you’re nearby,they usually break down when you’ve got a big wash ready,I think it’s life testing us. Loads of fireworks here,first lot was early October,probably a birthday,our cat is anxious with the sounds,I went outside,there was fireworks in the distance & he was too scared to come with me he just stood staring at me for about five minutes,probably thinking I was mad
                Thanks for the reminders about the clocks going back tonight & a few onions that need planting

Comment

• well just to bore you all my beloved Leicester TIgers won their 7th straight game of the new season against out local rivals Northampton and then to top it all Bath (Who I hate as well) lost another game to remain firmly fixed to the bottom of the league without a win ... SO a celebrated with a cornish pasty from our local butchers and two mugs of tea ... can life get better
                  ntg

Comment

• Good evening , had a busy day yesterday, then up at my daughters as she and SiL were going to a wedding reception, with yours truly being the taxi driver, what should have been a reasonable journey on country back roads that I know, had a diversion of eight or nine miles, not the best thing to be doing on a dark night we were also sitting in with their youngest son, he is thirteen so too young to be left himself, when I went back to collect them I decided after travelling the back roads three times to head for the motorway which got us home a lot quicker, so it was a late night for OH and I last night got to bed after one-o-clock, which is a very late night for us nowadays, OH has felt shattered all day today, me I got some work done in the garden
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry for your troubles Flo, I do hope everything turns out well for you
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Re the floods in Cumbria this might be of interest to you...

ntg

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Prevening All Fed up to the back teeth - if that's the saying. Can't use the oven or the hob, only got half a carpet on the lounge floor, everything smells fusty and this morning the washing machine doesn't work . We're waiting for the result of asbestos tests on the floors - if it's positive, they all have to come up, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I haven't felt this fed up in a long time, so I've stayed out of your way, just popped by for a moan. I'm sure I'll bounce back soon
                          Good grief, Flo. What a saga! Fingers crossed it's not asbestos. How old is the house? I'm not surprised you're fed up. Those are good grounds for a moan, I'd say.

Comment

• Moan away Flo…your problems make mine seem more insignificant tbh.
                            Whatever the results, I just hope it’s sorted quickly for you.
                            Not having a working kitchen as well is the pits, never mind all the dust, grit etc involved with repair work.

interesting video NTG - thanks for sharing.

Rary!…that’s a lot of driving!
                            I hate driving in the dark these days. French roads don’t seem to have many street lights - if at all unless you are in the centre of a village/ town , generally no cats eyes and the edge of rural routes don’t tend to be marked nor have reflective lines. The deep ditches on the side of the lanes are
                            Throw in a bit of rain or the dreaded ice on unsalted rural roads and I get the collywbbles.
                            Last edited by Nicos; 30-10-2021, 08:37 PM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Flo, so sorry to hear the nightmare you're going through.
                              I have been laid lo today with a bout of vomiting, diarrhoea and ching bones.
                              It came on so quickly.
                              Txted the family to stay away to find my daughter in law is in bed with the same dose.
                              Who knows what's on the rounds.
                              Have a good evening all

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning All,

Sounds like its a bit of a mixed bag of a weekend - Sorry to hear about the flooding Florence Fennel , I can't imagine what it must be like
                                Hope you feel better soon bramble, that sort of thing is never nice.

In other news - Giant Pumpkin is carved, only took about an hour! but i did manage to fill the wheelbarrow with the pumpkins insides

Hope you all have a better week next week
                                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X