This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

Snoop good for MrSnoop telling the 'just cans' to go away. we had that when we had a scaffold tower next door said when you've done can you push it over to our house and fix our chimney
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I woke up the first time at 6am, had a peek through the curtains and thought the better of getting up. It's not raining as heavily now I'm glad to say, but lots of thick grey clouds around. Not sure what's happening today.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Am I first up?….looks like we’re all having a bit of a lie in.

Freshly made tea available for those who fancy a cup.
        OH has decided to drink decaf espresso coffee for a while and from lots of research Illy came up best - so , having had to order it online, he’s been trying it out.
        It definitely has both thumbs up for flavour and texture - but he says he misses the wake up buzz afterwards of the caffeine .
        Just thought I’d mention that for you caffeine addicts out there!

Its a wet and blustery day here with lots of leaves suddenly appearing on the ground. I guess I’ll be lighting the wood fire later and maybe get out an old Xmas jigsaw. It sort of has an Autumn Sunday feel so far.

Its clocks back an hour this weekend isn’t it? Why do I always struggle to remember the car clocks?
        Oh and Halloween this Sunday. I did notice there were loads of pots of crysanths in the shops this week.
        It’s a tradition to place a pot on each family grave here.
        A friend of ours is employed to clean several gravestones and place flowers on graves for families who have moved away. Always twice a year- Easter and All Souls Day ( 1st November) it’s quite touching isn’t it?

Right - best go make some porridge…see ya later peeps
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ah…morning gf…I got distracted part way through posting! - fancy a hot bowl of porridge?

Comment

• Morning all.

I'll pass on the porridge, Nicos. Mr Snoop has kindly offered to get me a yogurt for breakfast. Along with a second cup of coffee as he dropped the first. We always drink decaff and have done for years. Doctor's orders after Mr Snoop's first heart attack. I get the jitters after a caffeinated coffee now. Haven't had Illy coffee for years. Have you tried Lavazza? That's supposed to be good too.

Plus, I was up earlier, honest. I've been out tramping the valley with the digger man. What a fantastic person he is. Yet more solutions found. Among them, he knows a man who has sheep who sells sheep muck in large volumes at a good price and will deliver.

Looks like I've got room for quite a few more fruit trees than I expected. I'll be picking your brains at some point soon.

So, what with all the huerto solutions and the idea of blossom to flit around in, the smiles have been going crazy here this morning. They shot off full of energy. Just as well as they'll need to fly against the wind that's kicking up, a sure sign that the thick clouds overhead will be releasing rain shortly.

Right, got a great mass of paid work to get through today. So better step on it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Oh, I see I've used the word 'huerto' (pronounced where-toe). I can't remember if I've used it before. It's a largish plot of land used for growing fruit and veg and seems appropriate now I'm expanding my patch.

Comment

• Morning

Another wet and windy day here the wind sock is taking a battering

Nico i've had my pinhead oats and raspberries but thanks for the offer. no coffee either I'm a tea drinker.

Not heard of 'huerto' before Snoop but like you say its very appropriate, it does sound like big project but it will b worth it in the end.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Thanks for the offer of porridge Nicos but I really don't like it at all. Coffee and toast and marmalade is my favourite start to the day.
                Snoop, your digger man sounds amazing. I hope you get lots of productive fruit trees.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  The rain has just cleared the coast and looks like its heading to the UK.
                  Nicos, I hate porridge.
                  I have a boiled egg or a kipper for my breakfast with tea and spelt bread.
                  Snoop, the smiles arrived, somewhat breathless from battling against the wind.
                  Nicos, my half made jigsaw is under the tablecloth, I had visitors for lunch and couldn't bear to break it up.
                  I think I was overly ambitious, it's a 2000 piece one but the picture seduced me.
                  A farmers market scene, but not so easy when I am trying to make it.
                  Anyway, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning All,

Pottery class last night - i made a plate which i was rather chuffed with.

Giant Pumpkin carving this weekend - i get the feeling that my son will get bored and wander off about halfway through as its so big!

Happy Friday all, have a nice weekend!
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Love to see a piccie of your plate Peteyd!
                      I’ve only taken a few classes years ago and made a soup tureen of all things using the coiled method I think it was called.
                      The teacher kept stressing to allow for a certain percentage of shrinkage - so I did.

Darn thing came out bigger than most garden pots I had! I could hardly lift it
                      Yup - utter rubbish!

It was fun though sploshing around with wet clay.

Comment

• I went to pottery evening classes once. I have no recollection whatsoever of what I made. But I do remember the pleasure of slamming lumps of clay about. I was going through a bad patch at work at the time...

Good luck with the pumpkin carving, Peteyd.

Glad to hear the smiles arrived OK, bramble. It did rain, but only briefly. Quite a bit more due over the weekend. The digger man has finished for the day and will be back on Tuesday (he has a 'proper' job as well as digging). But the bulk of the work is done. Doesn't matter if it rains as far as the rest is concerned.

Comment

• Afternoon, I remember going to family pottery when the girls were in primary school, was great fun I made assorted pots and a seahorse that still hangs on the kitchen wall.

Enjoy pumpkin carving with your little one Peteyd, he might get bored watching you do the cutting but he will love the finished scary faced pumpkin.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

dark innit?…this time tomorrow it’ll be lighter!
                            I need to remember to change the clocks tonight

Domestics today - not my favourite pastime but it feels good once it’s done eh?

Is anyone else carving pumpkins this weekend?
                            I used to enjoy carving a swede when I was a nipper and lighting the sparklers with it. I can smell it now

Last night I didn’t sleep well so decided to watch the La Palma volcano live and there were quite a few spectacular eruptions easily seen in the darkness.
                            https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/we...bre-vieja.html

I imagine with bonfire night nearly here you’ll be hearing quite a few fireworks being let off? Or is it quieter than usual ?

Watermelon for breakfast - I just fancy something refreshing .
                            Plenty spare - help yourselves.

Comment

• Good morning all. Raining here at the moment. The weather improved yesterday as the day progressed, enough to dry some washing, so maybe today will be the same. I've not heard any fireworks here this year yet which is unusual.
                              Yesterday Mr GF fell outside and was really lucky to come away with grazes. A handrail by some steps just gave way so it wasn't his fault for once. There were some nice people around who came to help him. He's back on coffee making duty this morning.
                              When I made pasta bake yesterday I made extra so I've some to deliver this morning. Anything else outdoors depends on the weather drying up.

Comment

• Morning all.

It drizzled all night. So just as well the digger man managed to finish the valley floor areas yesterday. Soil looking very bare but a nice dark brown after the rain. And I did wake up thinking about onions and their relatives.

Got a very busy day workwise today. Must get through it. Mr Snoop is off to a rapid drawing and painting competition in a nearby village. More rain is due and it keeps spitting on and off. So I don't think he'll be out long.

Interesting memories, Nicos. I remember once carving a swede with my dad when I was very small. Perhaps he cut his hand or some other accident occurred because it was only the once.

Potentially a nasty accident there, GF. Glad it wasn't serious.

Better get on with the show. The smiles have been a bit unenthusiastic this morning. I think they might have got overexcited over the last couple of digging days. And the drizzle hasn't helped. I'll get Mr Snoop to take them out with him to the competition. That might jolly them up a bit and set them on their way.

Have a good one, all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X