This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.

The rising sun turned the clouds very pink this morning. Does that mean rain is on its way?
    My 8 foot tall cosmos has managed to survive the battering of yesterday's strong winds and has finally opened a flower. It's been a 5 month wait - I planted out all the cosmos in May and the rest have flowered since August.

Any tea left in the pot, Nicos? I could do with another cuppa.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
      Did some work upstairs, OH said she didn't want it as the heat from downstairs keeps the rooms cosy, one is used for storage the other hasn't been used for over a year, but I am going to fit a doorway, but of course mention upstairs and OH says it will need to be hoovered and dusted, as I said over a year since it was used, yet she still wants it hoovered and dusted, have been with her with winching and marriage for over sixty years and I still don't understand how her mind works, other than trying to keep me busy. Also went for my flu and booster jags this evening when I went over to the lassie that was going to inject me, she said my age, to which I replied oh thanks I felt fine till then, but she said I looked very fit for someone of that age, I didn't think 56 was that old ​​​​​​
      If out and about this evening keep safe and keep happy, smile and spread a little happiness. Goodnight
      Dare I even ask what " winching" is?

Comment

• My husband was up first and made the first coffee for us. I don't know why but coffee always tastes better when he makes it.
        Care home visit this morning which, to be honest, I am dreading after last week.
        This afternoon depends on the weather as we have showers forecast for later.

Comment

• Morning gf
          I hope it goes better for you too - can’t be easy

I notice there are quite a few flood warnings in place in parts of the uk. Hope you aren’t in any of those areas!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Actually I’ve just rechecked and it’s mostly Cumbria which is affected.

https://check-for-flooding.service.g...5624,56.756596
            Last edited by Nicos; 28-10-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• morning all ... its proper autumnal today ... I broke out the porridge
              Last edited by nick the grief; 28-10-2021, 10:52 AM.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

• Morning, all.

Good luck, GF. Visits like yours are always difficult and must be all the more so in times like these. Hope you enjoyed the porridge, NtG. Not my kind of breakfast at all, but I'm definitely up for another cup of tea. So I'll put the kettle on if anyone fancies one with me.

I've been hogging the smiles a bit this morning, sorry about that. They've got used to the JCB and came down with me to have an extremely useful chat with the guy driving it. I couldn't be jollier about some of the solutions we've come up with. Will save me not just huge amounts of time but even money. Can't ask for more than that. I'll be dreaming of onions tonight for sure. Anyway, the smiles set off in sou'westers. Looked very odd. But very practical. I think you'll spot them coming, no trouble.

That said, the word has spread and people know the JCB is here or hear the machine and keep coming round to say to the driver while you're here, could you just come round and do this that and the other for me. Mr Snoop is getting fed up. The latest one is a proper chatterbox and Mr Snoop was right up front: no half hour chatting about the details because we're paying the guy by the hour.

Anyway, the smiles have set off, but not after leaving me with a big grin because I've also just received a load of work. I was starting to get a bit worried, as it's been a while since I received anything significant.

So, all good in the house of Snoop. Hope things are going well with you and that you all have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Late checking in as we overslept.
                  It probably doesn't matter as we are not going anywhere.
                  A dull dark morning and its pouring rain.
                  More decluttering today.
                  I will be looking after my little grandson this evening so looking forward to that,
                  Snadgar, you certainly have your day mapped out well.
                  GF, hope your hospital is not too difficult for you.
                  Snoop, it all seems to be happening in your neck of the woods.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                    Good morning all.

The rising sun turned the clouds very pink this morning. Does that mean rain is on its way?...
                    no it means Riots in Leicester

ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

It just means kissing GF :

sigpic

Comment

• ^^^ oooo eeeerrrr Mrs!

Comment

• Well a better morning than expected. I did the covid tests for us both and successfully navigated my way through the NHS website (very straightforward). Got the confirmation texts nigh on immediately.
                          The new system at the care home is much easier as well and the in-law was much more lucid today. Just got home, had a drink and we're deciding whether to go to the allotment next.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

greenishfing, you might know it better as courting, here it was known as winching when a boy and a girl started going out with one another, and if you were lucky as Jay has said you got a kiss, though that didn't happen till the 5th. or 6th. date
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^I have to say, I was worried it might be wenching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                ^I have to say, I was worried it might be wenching.
                                Did cross my mind too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X