This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Its wet and windy here and like Jay I've got plenty of indoor things to do.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Dry and bright here but very breezy,
      We are going to Kildare Vilkage today to do some shopping.
      It will be a nice day out.
      Snoop, the smiles have just arrived, they come flying in on the strong wind we are having.
      Mothhawk, sorry about not turning up forte, I must have been hangingoutthe laundry.
      Jay, I am sure it was lovely for you having your grandaughter to stay,
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It was wonderful bramble…enjoy your day out!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

That was such a lovely cuppa MH that I went back to sleep afterwards for another 90 mins! Ta muchly!

Jay - how wonderful seeing your granddaughter !
          I’ll be seeing mine ( hopefully in 4 weeks) as we’ve booked the ferry over to visit our children.
          We ‘talk’ with ours several times a week over the internet and it’s lovely to see her smile and wave at us and babble on explaining ‘stuff’
          Shes just starting to crawl so I don’t think her parents quite realise yet what that new found freedom actually entails for them!

I did a quick grory hop yesterday whilst out buying more insulation.
          There are hardly any Xmas decorations in our shops yet, but I did think maybe I should start thinking about pressies to take over.
          It’s probably easier to order online within the uk tbh. I’m still very much not comfortable with even the idea of wandering around shops looking for gifts. Actually I used to hate browsing for stuff anyway - but for different reasons!

Must be time for a brew…..I’ll pop that kettle on again - anyone got any baking to hand they can spare?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Rary - you do make me laugh!
            I bet your teachers loved you at school!

Comment

• Off to do the grory hop later on. Last week they had no raw frozen prawns so I'm hoping they have them today. My husband gets twitchy when the stock of his favourite food in our freezer starts to drop. I must call at the chemist on the way to get some covid tests as the care home has now changed their visiting protocol and we have to do our own before we go and just show them our results on our phone when we get there. We used to have our covid tests there and then wait for the result before the visit could begin. I have, with much trepidation, booked a visit for Thursday morning.
              I must call at the allotment later as even though the weather is not promising I need onions, peppers, lettuce, rocket and whatever else is around.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 26-10-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Rary - you do make me laugh!
                I bet your teachers loved you at school!
                Yes Nicos, some were crying when the all came out to see me off when I left , just don't understand why the gates got locked while they were still in​​​​​
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Did the grory hop earlier and my Mr GF is ultra happy that another 4 bags of prawns are now in the freezer. Annoyingly there was no fresh cream today though and I can't stand the pretend cream....not that I've actually run out yet. Enough to go on the apple and blackberry pie tonight I'm sure.
                  Also picked up a pack of covid tests at the chemist and picked a few bits at the allotment.
                  Although it is still quite windy here at least the sun is now shining.

Comment

• Afternoon

The rain stopped but the wind's still with us. I did get to spent time in the garden not achieved much mostly sorting stuff out, deadheading, and moving bucket and trough grown lettuce into the GH.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      I had a very successful day shopping.
                      Managed to find a dress and a jacket for the wedding.
                      And then, found another dress that was just too good a bargin to pass up.
                      So pleased as it's getting harder to find decent clothes with so many stores closed.
                      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a blustery wet day today, though I did manage to get the dogs walked without getting soaked, but I did get a bit wet when trying to give them a wash down Daisy the older dog decided to roll herself in some muck, which I think came from a fox and Rosie the pup wanted to see how deep a puddle was and surprise surprise it was deep​​​​​​, so once back home both needed washed down, and of course because I washed them they evedently wanted to return the water to me, why could they not have went the path a bit and give themselves a shake​​​​​​. Ah well hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can get out to the garden, but even if it's not I will try and pass on some smiles, they may not cost anything but can be worth a fortune to someone so I wish you all a Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Disasters of the flooding kind again here, twice in three months, looking like a new kitchen is on the cards. Will tell you about it later. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

flippin ‘eck Flo - that’s not good.
                            A new kitchen is always lovely but not for that reason!
                            You must be feeling pretty fed up with it all now?

Not sure quite what I’m up to today - we do have a friend coming over to help refit a wooden gatepost.
                            We replaced it last year but used loads of granite stones instead of concrete( trying to be more ecological) but nope, the post has leant due to the weight of the gate.
                            So digging out and concreting is the job for today- but not by me

Bramble !….sounds like you did indeed have a brill shopping sesh! Well done that lass

Right - best let Hibou out and get that kettle earning a living…. Help yourselves!

Comment

• Morning all

Up early this morning as couldn't sleep.

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Same here Snadge.
                                However, I did use my time well by finding and ordering some small rings I can use as curtain rings in the camper.
                                We have used 12mm and 14 mm copper pipe for the poles and it’s been really, really difficult to find suitable small rings.
                                I did ideally want rings with clips to grasp the curtains so I now need to look for small clips with hooks separately.
                                Not sure about the wisdom of using metal because of condensation but I really, really want to try and keep away from plastic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X