X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All,

Beautiful start to the week this morning, a real light mist over the valley

I started sorting my drawers out over the weekend... now our bedroom is just full of plastic boxes!
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning

I had bacon, eggs, toms and mushrooms on a oatcake yesterday not a full english but still very nice. Today and the rest of the weeks its pinhead oats fruit and a dollop of yoghurt.

Nicos I've gathered a few leaves but there's lots more out there

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Heavy frost today. Which was a nuisance as I had to got out very early for blood tests (nothing serious). I'm so short I had to get Mr Snoop up to clear the windscreen for me, as I couldn't reach. Bright blue at the moment, but a chilly wind. Almost November. Where did the year go?

Did a bit of shopping in the village, now settling down for a bit of work and then more land clearance.

The smiles stayed in bed late this morning. No way were they going to get roped in to clearing frost off the car. But they'd left by the time I got back, so I'm guessing they're with you already.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Well the postie has just been and the day is getting better. A car tax refund cheque for £140 for our old car.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 25-10-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            A lovely sunny morning here but a bit on the breezy side.
            I was out first thing to get to Lidl to get the Paw Patrol toys for my grandsons Christmas gift.
            Well pleased to have that off my list.
            It's a bank holiday here so we will probably go out somewhere for a few hours.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              Well the postie has just been and the day is getting better. A car tax refund cheque for £140 for our old car.
              Thats good news indeed!

We got a refund when we bought the camper van . I hadn’t realised you could pay in a cheque using the internet! I must be getting old!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Thats good news indeed!

We got a refund when we bought the camper van . I hadn’t realised you could pay in a cheque using the internet! I must be getting old!
                I am old ..... and I didn't know that either.

Comment

• I am wondering why the word "must", is in that sentence Nicos ​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your spade rary - is it a replacement handle/ shaft or a full replacement?

Time for a brew …..
                    It will be a full replacement of shaft and handle, the broken one was at handle and the new shaft will have a D handle, not really that important whither D or T as I am able to lean on either one the blade is stainless steel and as it also has a long metal shaft on it I want to keep it
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Afternoon

Talking of cars ours passed its MoT today
                      I collected lateral flow kits from the pharmacy calling next door at the charity shop but came out empty handed It’s not often that happens.
                      My last buy was a vertical spiralizer it doesn’t leave a central core so I like better than my original one.

Enjoy your afternoon
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        I am wondering why the word "must", is in that sentence Nicos ​​​
                        *slap! …sorry rary - I forgot momentarily….” Respect thy elders”

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Seems I'm first up again, and the kettle already on for a second brew. Come on you sleepy heads - rise and shine! I'm rattling trays outside your doors.

It's daybreak, and a cloudy, breezy one, though milder than of late. Got a grory hop C&C later this morning - no lemons, I'm informed, but we have a weekly fruit and veg stall on the pub car park on a Thursday so maybe I can get a couple there. My sister lives in Florida and has so many lemons on her tree that she can't use them all, even after giving many away. Ditto her papaya, proudly grown from a seed.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Owch!!! A slap is with the open hand, when the hand is clenched into a fist it is called a punch, most likely to receive that when a person (woman) thinks that you are too near a truth that they are trying to deny rarely does a man take offence at such a thing

Comment

• Morning all, so that was you making all the racket earlier mothhawk…tea’s cold now.
                              Had my daughter, son in law and granddaughter staying over for a few days do it’s definitely a domestics day today now they have gone home.
                              it’s so dark this morning with a lot of rain so very little laundry being done today.
                              Have a great day everyone…are Snoops smiles having a long lie this morning? x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes, sorry about that, Jay22. I had some disturbing dreams last night and have been a bit slow to get going this morning. I let them out later than usual. Champing at the bit, they were. Frankie was a bit miffed to see them fly off without stoppping for a skip around the garden with him.

Even though I got up late (sorry for missing the tray, mothhawk), there was still a frost on the ground. But it's lovely and bright now. Small amount of work to do, then more preparation for the JCB man.

By the way, yesterday, about a dozen or so assorted birds (sparrows, blackbirds, redstarts and coal caps) flew up from among my brassicas yesterday when I went to cut a head of broccoli. I know birds eat brassicas, but I was wondering whether they might be taking caterpillars instead. The cabbage whites are still very active, despite the frost. What do you reckon? Is this possible? I keep pondering the possibility of covering up the brassicas but can't quite decide. If the birds are eating caterpillars, that would be a good reason not to. We have lots of small birds at the moment. Doubtless, a late-season raid by hunters will persuade them all to move on. All the birdsong makes it feel quite like spring.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X