This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Bright today, but a heavy frost everywhere. I put fleece on some plants that are not frost hardy, but the summer leeks really are too tall and it got lifted off by even the lightest breeze. So one of today's jobs will be to process them for the freezer. There are rather a lot... Note to self: sow them earlier or don't sow as many.

Got done nearly all of what I wanted to do yesterday. Had a great day. More of the same today plus the leeks. So all good today.

Rary, the smiles positively grinned at your story about your grandson. So they set off in a very good mood. Should be with you all soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. Windy and rainy here but due to improve by lunchtime. I hope so as the bedding is in the washer. I've just rang up one of my husband's old friends who lives on his own and invited him for a meal this afternoon as I can't see much gardenning getting done today. I suppose I could go to the allotment for a mud bath or maybe bog snorkelling.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

1.5C here and very heavy white frost. ( no photos!)
        That should kill off a few bugs.

We filled our bird feeders yesterday for the first time in a while and the bluetits found it straight away.
        We have one hanging outside our kitchen window and it’s lovely watching them.
        The sun reflects off the window so if we move slowly we don’t get seen.

Last night I did something I’ve not done for a few months….made popcorn!
        Dry fried and salted as we’re on diets but there were enough calories left to have a massive bowl each.

Not sure what today will bring but I fancy a day off so might do some family tree research.
        Might go out in the camper for a few hours - I’ll leave it to OH to decide.

I had to smile at Rary’s grandson. It reminded me of when we had an extension built onto our UK house when
        our children were young teenagers.
        One Halloween we decided to invite some friends ( same age children) over and have a party in the extension but the only ‘safe’ part was upstairs.
        The roof was on, the floorboards down and it had blue plastic flapping around over the window openings.
        No electricity. So , we ran an extension cable through, set up some fairy lights and put up a wallpaper pasting table for the buffet.
        It felt quite atmospheric tbh
        When they arrived ( fancy dress compulsory) we took them upstairs to our bathroom and we all had to clamber onto the toilet and through the open window into the extension.
        Te he…I bet rary and his grandson would have loved that!
        And yes, it was a brilliant evening!

Whatever you get up to - enjoy your day peeps!

Last edited by Nicos; 24-10-2021, 08:51 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, not much happening here its cold and wet out.

Nicos I spotted this yesterday running on TV but you might be able to pick up clips on YouTube.

Jimmy Doherty's Dream Builds on Wheels

looks like it might be interesting.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Sunny and breezy, lots of rain last night.
            Out for lunch today.
            Have a good Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bren!…thanks - found the link -saved and will watch it later.
              Looks very interesting!

Comment

• Morning all. Just squeezed in before the clock hands tip past the vertical into the afternoon!

Chilly but still nice and dry here.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening, just finished having our tea and now have time to sit and go through the forum, actually was a bit late in surfacing this morning, was wakened four times through the night with pins and needles going down my arms, I have a trapped nerve in my shoulders, which hopefully will clear up once I get finished with the garden alterations, nothing done in the morning as I was going to church and after the service once home we were having a plate of soup, when the two youngest grandsons appeared at the door, so they got soup as well, we were just sitting down when their mum and dad appeared, should have known their dad always had a knack of turning up when food was on the go personally I think he takes it from his mum​​​​​​, once they were all away home I got out to the garden for a time, I managed to get a good bit of work done, but sadly I have broken the shaft of my spade, will need to see if I can replace it, however I am still happy with the work I have done so lots of smiles passed to everyone. Enjoy you evening and if out keep safe. Goo​dnight ​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    No frost!…and it’s feeling warmer so hoping to get a bit of tidying up done in the garden today.

We’ve decided not to rake the leaves off the grassy areas anymore but to mow it back in as our mower has a mulching blade.
                    The drive is a different matter- at least all the weeds are hidden by the leaves at the moment

Has anyone else started collecting leaves?

Sorry to hear about your spade rary - is it a replacement handle/ shaft or a full replacement?

Time for a brew …..
                    Last edited by Nicos; 25-10-2021, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• morning all, Bit dull and miserable here but warm ish. currently on my first cup of tea and a bowl of special K and fruit and fibre mix .... not quite as glamerous as the full english I did on saturday but it's probably better for me.

Just said goodbye to Mrs G and packed her off to work and then passed a very pleasant 30 minutes chatting with Miss G ... most unusual.

Nothing planned for today at the moment but I'm sure I'll do something.... not started to collect leaves yet Nicos ... seems a strange hobby to me
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• Morning all

Nick, its my Full English day on Saturday too! Today is Meatless Monday so I will have to see what I can rustle up? It will probably involve eggs and cheese of some description.
                        Today is also 'Tidy the house' day as I made quite a mess after punching a hole through the wall to fit an extractor fan yesterday. Everything has a fine coating of dust.
                        After that I will pick up prescription and drop off a couple of bags of grass cuttings to the allotment. Once there, Gawd knows what I will get up to!

TTFN
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Morning all

Nick, its my Full English day on Saturday too! ...
                          we had it after shopping saturday morning and never had anything else till tea time it was a good one
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Snadge…^^^^^ Don’t mention DUST !!!!! ……aaaahhhhhhh……
                            Last edited by Nicos; 25-10-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday's weather never improved at all, it was drizzling and miserable all day but this morning the sun is already shining brightly. I picked my husband's friend up yesterday afternoon and he really enjoyed his meal with us. It's sad when someone says that there are times when they don't talk to anybody for two or three days in a row. I took him home about 8pm. He was very impressed with our new car as he can get in and out of it unaided because it's higher. Although he's 95 he only stopped driving regularly last year.
                              I think a trip to the allotment sounds good when it warms up a bit later on.
                              I ought to collect some leaves too, but the easy way.... A couple of years ago new neighbours moved in around the corner. They spoke nearly no English, I think they're from somewhere in Eastern Europe. I saw that they had gathered up all their fallen leaves and bagged them. They were going to take them to the tip and were quite mesmerized when I asked (sign language) if I could have them. Last year I got them again so hopefully more this year. I think they think I am mad. Maybe their English will be good enough now for a conversation. A couple of Polish men moved in nearby about ten years ago. I helped them find out where they could take English classes. One is still around, sends me a Christmas card every year, and now chats away with a strong Yorkshire accent.

Comment

• My first close friend here was from Reunion and there are apparently a few French words I picked up from her which I still pronounce with a slight African/ Indian accent!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X