Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owdoo all, bit of late check in toady . Talking of all things frosty, I've just got back from seeing my Ma-in-law , she live on the edge of B'ham and its always a jaunt with the traffic. and you can't just nip in and out so we spent about an hour or so with her.

Just got back and have a coffee and some Cheese and biscuits for my brekkers ... a bit of a late one !

I wondered where you were going when you said about climbing on the roof Nicos ...

laterz

ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Greenishfing hospital parking is a nightmare Have a look on their website to see if there's a site map showing departments / parking otherwise ring the hospital you never know they might arrange transport for him, ours uses a mini bus to collect some patients for appointments.
      I know all about the nightmare of hospital parking. Fortunately this appointment is not at the same time as visiting hours so there is hope. I just don't know why they don't have wheelchairs available in the car parks (like trolleys in a supermarket) as even the disabled car parks at our hospital are a fair distance from the entrances and are, would you believe, on a hill. Even our local large supermarket provides a better service for the disabled, and temporarily disabled, as many out patients are. I know from experience that he can't really go alone as he always forgets to ask sensible questions. I've already told him he needs to make a list this time.
      Another pet hate is miles of corridors with no seating. Pull down ones fastened to the walls would be adequate.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 22-10-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon all

Just had me dinner!

I can deffo recommend Lidl's frozen battered squid rings! Dunno what they put in the batter but it is scrumptious!

Started wrapping Crimbo presents but soon got sick of that!

Latest load of logs I got must be really well seasoned, makes me wish for a few unseasoned logs to try and slow the burn rate down a bit!

Weather permitting I think I will tidy up my tubs and plant some winter pansies I picked up cheaply. After that I will try and get a bit more work done on my camper van.

TTFN
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          One of the in-laws just rang to ask if I could take him to a hospital appointment in just over a week. No problem but trying to find where this new department is and what disabled parking is available is proving to be impossible. I don't want to get there, when I find it, with an old man who is registered blind and can only walk a very short distance and find that I can't get him in. Appointments here used to come with a site map of these sprawling buildings....not any more evidently.
          Have you checked the hospital website to see if there is a map, GF? Also, with things like this, I check out goggle maps and have a look at the satellite image, as the individual hospital buildings are usually named, then you can look for the closest parking and work out a route to it.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Oh such a wonderfully optimistic view of Winter. I know all this in theory Rary and when I was a child I'd already have checked my sledge out and be collecting wood ready to build a bonfire. The beauty of a snowy day cannot fail to impress me even now (as long as I am warm and cosy), but I'm already dreaming of seeing those first green shoots in Spring appearing.
            I suppose my views on winter might change when I get old greenishfing, but at present I really like the winter season, it is as I said time to make changes and dream of the next growing year, when of course every thing will be perfect
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• On late today, it has been a busy day, first off I had to take one of the grandsons to the opticians, he uses contact lenses and a slight accident with his, fortunately everything was OK, so after that I had to take him to school which meant an 11 mile journey, then back as OH wanted to get more shopping done, and while out I needed to top up with petrol, all I will say about that is the she will be walking for her shopping in future ​​​​​​.
              Once back home I spent 3 hrs moving soil and securing the raised bed sides, tomorrow if its dry I will seal all the joints of the slabs, after gardening I had a quick tea then out to the church for a meeting, now catching up with GW. We'll I wish you all a good night, have pleasant dreams, the you will be ready to pass on a smile tomorrow
              Last edited by rary; 22-10-2021, 10:27 PM.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all , well my most hated job is done and dusted for another week ... the shopping! Called in at our local butcher and picked up some of their finest produce so Snorgers in the oven Old SPot Bacon ready to go in and Black pudding ready to roll ... we're not on a diet this week Coffee made. Mrs G sitting waiting patiently

A mans work is never done
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Light frost only ( no photo today!) but a lovely sunny start to the day.
                  I love seeing the moon during daylight hours…it’s heading off down to the West.

I love winter!
                  But it does go on a tad long

More camper paperwork today - lots involved in France with the conversion process - including a floor plan with measurements from the front axle along with estimated weights for each cupboard to ensure we’re not over the max axle weights when fully loaded.
                  We’re getting there!
                  Yesterday the curtain rings arrived in a suspiciously small packet. Yup I’d read the site wrong and instead of 2 packets of one size and 2 of another I got a total of 4 rings…they were being sold individually not in packets. What I thought was a really good deal has turned out not to be

Hopefully more bedroom insulation fitting today…..

Anyone getting up to anything exciting this weekend?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Bright and very breezy so it will be a challenging day at pitch and putt.

It's a bank holiday here Nicos.
                    Our family are going out for a birthday lunch for our eldest grandson tomorrow.
                    That's as exciting as it gets in the present climate.
                    We are looking forward as we had to give it a miss last year.
                    I love hearing about your escapades with your camper van, you'll get there.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright out there today. Looks like it'll be the same for the next few days, but chilly nights to go with them, so a few nights of frost ahead.

Today's jobs: pick the last toms for the freezer, pick quinces before the frost does for them, cover up a few of the veg that might not like the cold, help Mr Snoop put up a wall-mounted desk, then start clearing land for the JCB man. I don't imagine all of that will get done, but there's always tomorrow when, as Rary says, though I'm a bit more short-termist, everything will be perfect.

Good luck with all your various doings today. Hope the smiles find you all well and jolly.

Comment

• Well I never…my new phone cover arrived this morning.
                        OH only ordered it yesterday. WOW!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Today I've been doing boring jobs: cleaning, ironing, cobweb removal (I think my spiders are on steroids). I've even attacked the herb and spice drawer so that I can actually see what is in there.
                          Before:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20211023_154237_resized.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	2535351
                          ...and after.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20211023_154202_resized.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	2535352
                          I don't expect it to stay this way very long. I know my limitations.

Yesterday's care home visit was awful. We got greeted with, "What are you doing here?" and from there it went downhill. I just wish modern medicine could do more for dementia.

Comment

• Afternoon .

Its been sunny and and cold here, I did get the laundry dry though and my GH sorted so not a bad day.

A tidy looking drawer greenishfing

Enjoy your evening.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.A cold and very blustery day but 63 ladies played pitch and putt today.
                              Laundry was all well dried by the time I got home.

Gosh Nicos that was a fast delivery,
                              Good selection of spices there GF.

Nothing else of interest so have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Had plans of doing that much today, first off refit a radiator at my daughters, (grandson doesn't know how it came off the wall, but sadly wasn't as easy as I had hoped finally got it fixed, with instructions to said grandson not to use it as a step while climbing out the window, which of course he would never do, just as I never ever did anything like that back down the house for a, quick bite and a cup of tea then out to the garden, I am nearing the finish of my project, but there may be a problem with having enough soil, ah well time will tell, I should know by the end of next week, if it stays dry​​​​​​, now off to read my book enjoy your evening and stay alert, ready to pass on a smile where needed Goodnight
                                Last edited by rary; 23-10-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X