Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve actually had a look online gf and there are a few gin ones available !

Must have been some subliminal advertising you’ve seen?
    Last edited by Nicos; 20-10-2021, 07:20 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have always loved milka chocolate. That sounds tasty. I was actually toying momentarily with the mad idea of making advent calendars with drawers full of miniatures of booze and nice chocolate (of course I'd have to try the prototype myself) until I remembered my mini fiasco of homemade crackers one year. I'll leave it to the experts.

Comment

That sounds fantastic^^^ go on - have a go!

I was just looking on line again and there are loads of ideas out there from very simple to more complicated/ expensive - but they all look pretty good.

I’ll probably make one for my granddaughter next year.

Comment

Apparently it’s a full moon tonight and for those of you with clear skies , there is a chance of seeing a meteor shower.

Comment

Good Morning All It's cold and raining here. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Apparently it’s a full moon tonight and for those of you with clear skies , there is a chance of seeing a meteor shower.
              the only shower we're likely to see is on here

good morning all, well this morning I'm on the posh coffee out of the machine so a slightly smaller mug but cheery. It's dry here but very blustery I could here the silver birch rustling at the bottom of the garden.

I'll await the daylight and see what I feel like tackling later.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

morning all.
                Same weather here Flo, the rain is beating on the back windows, so pretty much from the north today.

As Nick's drinking coffee, I'll get the tea on. There's a few palmiers in the tin for those who like sweet stuff at breakfast, made with leftover pastry from a blackberry & apple pie (which is now in the freezer as I'm not eating pastry right now. can't stop myself baking though. )
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Morning

We had rain earlier but the paths are drying out now. Its a bit on the chilly side I've only been out to bring the bins and milk in so I'll probably feel warmer once I'm wrapped up and of on my Grory hop.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning All,

My seed collection officially received their marching orders this morning from MrsD. She very politely asked "whats happening with this massive seed pile on the chest of drawers?" which is code for get them shifted or she'll "tidy" them away tomorrow!

In other news - I have another monster beetroot which has somehow been hiding in the veg patch! i'm going to try and make beetroot and chocolate brownies at the weekend
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good morning all. Bright sunshine here now but it was absolutely pouring down a couple of hours ago when I first awoke. I slept like a log last night and for the first time this Autumn I put hot water bottles in bed. It was only 4°C outside. It wouldn't surprise me if there's snow on top of the Pennines.
                      I'm taking my husband to the podiatrist this morning. I only booked it yesterday, luckily they'd just had a cancellation. I hope after that it's warmed up enough to want to go down to the allotment. There's a breeze here so I think I'll attempt to dry some washing outdoors.

Comment

• Morning all.

Woke up in a better mood today, so am kind of raring (rarying?) to get at it. Very cloudy at the moment, but no rain forecast. Looks like it'll be really cloudy night too, so that rather puts the kibosh on an astral show later here. Hope you all get to enjoy it, though.

On the agenda for today: a bit of work, a bit of baking and a bit of off to see a woman about a chainsaw later.

Yummy palmiers, mothhawk. And let us know how your brownies turn out, Peteyd. I have rather a few large beetroot that might not be as frost hardy as I was hoping.

Anyway, the smiles were very skittish this morning. Frankie got them rather excitable till he decided to go off and sit on a pile of branches to see if any mice or lizards might come out to play. Not the smiles' favourite game, so they headed off in your directions.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Perfect timing with the tea thanks MH.
                          I've just got back from trying to drop off the camper to have its headlights converted - but the garage was closed.
                          We waited for almost an hour and left a message . Just as we got home we got a reply saying he was delayed ( one man band)
                          so can we go back in an hour
                          So - just got time for that brew and then head back again.
                          3 hrs in all to drop off the van
                          Ah Well...at least he's not ill and cancelled. We had thought maybe a tree had fallen due to the high winds and blocked his way...you just never know do you?

We have no damage....just a few things blown around the garden

Right...best head off again see ya later!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Clear blue sky and sunshine but a cold 5 degs.
                            Going to the library this morning
                            looking after my little grandson in the afternoon.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning a fine clear sky today, so hopefully will get a bit of work done.
                              The above paragraph was supposed to be posted about 8.45 this morning, so not wasting it
                              I have now walked the dogs, moved 2 large logs into the raised bed and lifted and spread a lot of bedding dahlias, marigolds and petunia on top of the logs and am now covering the lot with soil hopefully I will get all the soil moved over the next 2 or three days, then I can let it settle over the winter
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The rain cleared quickly, the sky turned blue and the sun came out, so I glanced through the window at the outside thermometer - 17C - perfect - put on a light jacket and stepped outside. It didn't feel like 17C! Had a closer look at the thermometer.

Ah, not 17C but 7C. Went back inside for a thicker coat
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X