Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon folks, was out of bed before eight this morning, showered and had just put the porridge on the cooker when OH came through, she seems to be suffering from seatica just now, though I think it has been caused by a bad mattress, we had to do away with our old mattress as it was getting to heavy for me to turn it, so daughter got that one, bought a new one lasted four weeks and granddaughter got that one, have now got another new one which might be OK but can see one of the grandsons getting it, anyway I have to rub some cream onto OHs leg to try and ease the pain, we eventually got out about 2hrs later than normal for some messages, then back home for lunch and after that took daughters dogs out for a walk which led to me being soaked, now getting ready to take OH for her flu and booster jags. Try and pass on a smile others might be having a worse day than you
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post

Bren if your ham (bacon) has a nutty texture, could it possibly be from the way you cook it I've had crispy ham, burnt ham but never nutty ham
      Good one Rary

( I've had to add Rary to my dictionary otherwise 'IT' insists on writing Tray instead)
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good evening, just sitting in the conservatory after having my tea, during which there was black clouds and a heavy shower of rain, and now though not bright sunlight the the back garden is bathes in a light that seems to highlight all the reds and yellows in the garden, it is now going in phases of bright and dull, really enjoyable to watch, but unfortunately I can't sit here much longer as I need to get ready for my garden club, for which if anyone can help, I need to make up a quiz for December as at Christmas time I try to have a fun night, one other thing while on about the club I am making up a presentation on fuchsia and would be grateful if any one can direct me to a dvd on them, I have several books on them but would like to find a dvd about them.
        Wel need to go, enjoy your evening and keep safe
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Morning Nick, Nicos and all.

Time you took a turn with the teapot Nick
          I don't need a teapot Moth, I have a pint mug to save keep going up and down stairs for a refill

Well, I had a text off the daughter to say she was expecting a delivery and could I wait in for it so I had a look under the stairs where we store stuff and found my missing battery circular saw so I can cut the benches in half now ( make it easier to handle now I'm and old fart)
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Good Morning All Lots of reading back to do, anything momentous happened? Dark but warm here. Have a good day All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning lots of overnight rain/wind so the gardens rather soggy and covered in leaves.

Good to see you Flo xx

I don't think you've missed much Flo but Rary's back with us and voting's open for the VVS.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

Flo!! .we were getting concerned - hope you’ve been ok xx Good to see you back.

yeh…. The VVS completion is open for voting and rary is back in the building amongst other things!

wet and dark here too.
                We’re off to L!dl later (40% off turkey breast!) so hopefully going to stock up . We do eat quite a bit - plus fish- when we are dieting.
                There’s a large DIY shop near there too so we’ll probably take the trailer and get more insulation for the bedroom.

Need to keep busy/ distracted - today is day 3 of the diet and my body has started wondering where on Earth the carb and sugar fixes have gone

Enjoy your day peeps…see ya later!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Snap Bren!

Comment

Actually - I have a complaint to make.
                    I’ve been standing here with a tray and pot of tea since 5.35 am waiting for that NTG to turn up!

Comment

It’s quite difficult trying to balance the tray and type at the same time.
                      Whats the bet he’ll complain his tea is cold?

Comment

Morning All,

sounded like the whole worlds water was hitting my window this morning!

We fired up the pizza oven last night which was nice, first time running it outside of summer!

Happy Wednesday!
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

Morning all.

Very wet here too, though it looks like the sun may be making an effort to drive away the rain now. Wellie walk this morning I think

Still no word from the doctor's surgery about my mum's booster jab (or 'flu jab either), though she had an NHS letter 2 weeks ago. Being housebound she has to wait for GP's district nurse.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

Good morning all,
                            Very wet and miserable here as well with lots of leaves to slip on if you are lucky.
                            Nothing more exciting than a visit to the doctor for me.
                            Then out to Home Store and More to get a sheet changed which was wrongly labelled.
                            Sorry about you standing there with the tea tray but I was late today.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I am actually waiting for NTG with it Bramble, but you would have been welcome to a cupful.

Just peered inside the pot and I’m sure I can see ice forming on the surface
                              My left leg is starting to go numb with all the standing around

Comment

I was late up again this morning and it is grey and showery here. I had another night of weird dreams. My husband was trying to get inside a doll's house in one dream.
                                I boiled the fruit yesterday for marmalade and I'm going to go chop the peel up now and add the sugar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X