This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Re bad dreams greenishfing -...turned out she'd been flying round inside the house on a broom and got her legs caught up in the curtains. Also at that point the broom had turned into a bog brush and wouldn't fly.[/FONT]
    Can I have some of what Mrs B smokes please ... sounds like good stuff .

This morning Mrs G went back to work she's bee a tad strressed out after the last couple of years (She works in a care home) so I got up (6:30am)and made her a cup of coffee to show solidarity ... then went back to bed after she'd gone

Weather wise, its overcast here in the wilds of Warwickshire so not sure what to do today.

ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Morning All,

Beautiful morning here! really pink sky on my drive in to work.

Have a very productive weekend, new tyres, hedge cut, grass cut and scarified, onions planted, garden weeded.

Happy Monday everyone
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

Good evening all.
        Five o'clock in the evening and the tmp is19egs.
        Spnt the afternoon in the garden.
        Plants up some large containers with broad beans.
        I have them I he greenhouse until they germinate, dont want the squirrels togt them.
        Weeding and deadheading also done.
        Have a goo evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Evening.

Its been wet and breezy here since 11-sh so I didn't get much done outdoors, but I've made some pickles and caught up with house stuff.

Enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

well as I couldn't get out due to the weather I stayed in And I finally put the second set of racking up in the mancave for all my fishing tackle and tools ... well, it will be when I've got rid of a few things that I have got to burn ... so a productive day.
            ntg

Comment

Nicos, Nicos ... come on woman its time to get up... I've not had my Croissants and coffee and the fires not been lit ... keep this up and I'll sack you

Mornig all ...after yesterdays exertions I wert to be early and straight to sleep but I woke early this morning so I thought I'd bug you all

Not sure what I'm doing today, might attack the greenhouse and split my bench in half longways give it a bit of a sanding and order the paint to tart it up a bit.
              ntg

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

NTG
you sound just like my OH!

I’ve put you on a diet (I’m on one too )
.. You’ll not fit into the Panto costume if you’re not careful
tis for your own good
                And I’m sure rary would suggest putting on an extra jumper. Well that’s my defence anyway!

I did actually go and check on the GR key - won’t be long eh?

We had lots of rain yesterday but it’s been warm overnight and it’s due to be 21C today so we’ve decided to have the day off and go to the coast for a few hours.

Porridge for breakfast - with blueberries
help yourselves !

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning Nick, Nicos and all.

Time you took a turn with the teapot Nick

Porridge, how lovely. I had porridge every day for breakfast for the last 20 or so years, but since I've been determined to reduce my weight back down to girlish proportions this year, I haven't had any for nearly five whole months. It was the hardest thing to give up in my new eating regime and I miss it still. Amazingly I don't miss potatoes, bread, or other foods made with flour, or coffee either.

It's still dark outside and I'm looking forward to the clocks going back at the end of the month so it will be daylight earlier again for a while. Birds are beginning to do a few practice tootles already.
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 19-10-2021, 08:17 AM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

Morning all

Proper rain this morning.
                    MH and Nicos - we have oats every morning for breakfast, never cooked though - Jumbo oats with a splash of apple juice, milled linseed, almonds, low fat Greek yogurt and fruit. Sort of self-assembly muesli.

I'll get the kettle on... help yourselves to a brew
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning

I have pinhead oats topped with fruit and yoghurt every week day then bacon at the weekend. I love the nutty texture and it never get boring.

Its wet and breezy out I've only been to the GH and gate to collect milk i think that might be it for today unless I wrap up.

Enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Late up this morning. We both woke up early, could hear the rain beating against the bedroom window and simultaneously decided another half hour would be good. An hour and a half later I woke up to the noise of my husband making breakfast and singing a made up song in the kitchen. The constantly repeated words of this seemed to be "It's chucking it down with rain".
                        It looks bloody awful outside.
                        I think I'll do the grory hop today and make marmalade.

Comment

Good morning all. Rain has passed and its brightening up.
                          We both have some errands to run this mornig but should be free by lunch time.

Going out to th golf shop this morning.
                          The left handed club I ordered three months ago has arrived.
                          It turns out to be a right handed one.
                          My hubby is dealing with this.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

damp start this morning - although was unseasonably warm outside which was a really odd feeling!
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Going out to th golf shop this morning.
                              The left handed club I ordered three months ago has arrived.
                              It turns out to be a right handed one.
                              My hubby is dealing with this.
                              Have a good day all.
                              You must be really fed up.

Afternoon, everyone.

Late on parade and no excuse whatsoever.

I keep meaning to start a Bircher muesli regime for breakfast, but never do it. Just as well I live so far from the bakery, though. At least I can't eat croissants every day.

Not much progress made today on any front. A bit of work and that's about it. I feel guilty at having to report it's got really warm and sunny here. 25 ÂșC in the shade. Unseasonably warm. The cabbage white are floating about all over my caulis and cabbages... Pah. And you're right about the birds, mothhawk. Same here. One frost then warmth and they think spring is here, it would seem. Frost due again towards the end of this week, though.

I hope the smiles managed to dodge the raindrops on route and reached you.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Morning

I have pinhead oats topped with fruit and yoghurt every week day then bacon at the weekend. I love the nutty texture and it never get boring.
                                Bren if your ham (bacon) has a nutty texture, could it possibly be from the way you cook it I've had crispy ham, burnt ham but never nutty ham
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X