Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks an interesting recipe MH...I've printed it off - thanks.
    Have you made it before?
    Last edited by Nicos; 17-10-2021, 11:50 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I fancy that recipe too. I'll have a go sometime, I've stuck it in my favourites. If anybody else has a go before me please give me your verdicts.

Comment

That looks yummy, mothhawk. I see greenishfing is thinking of giving it a go. I think I will too.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe mothhawk I've added it to my vine blog.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            That looks an interesting recipe MH...I've printed it off - thanks.
            Have you made it before?
            Yes, I often make it when I have egg yolks to use up. It's equally good either with lemon or orange zest. It cooks to a set lemon curd, but nowhere near as zingy as it doesn't have the juice in, a light, delicate flavour so you can still taste the grated apple on the top. I only had 3 yolks instead of 4 but it still set well.

I used the link to give the recipe, but I actually have it in a recipe book that came with my food processor many years ago.
            Last edited by mothhawk; 17-10-2021, 02:27 PM.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

Goodness knows why I’m up so early and it’s not even a full moon!

Ah well - I’ve read some of my book, listened to the owls, given Hibou a huggle so now it’s time for a brew.
              Need to weigh in this morning… * hangs head in shame in anticipation
              I wonder how Snadge is getting on with his diet/ maintaining?

Off for a grory hop later - our staple gun packed on part way through putting up the insulation
              It looks like it might rain later…that’ll make a change!

Best go get that kettle on…I wonder where Flo has got to these days, I’ve seen her around, but I hope she’s OK.

Comment

Morning Nicos and all

Monday again - already - seems to be flying by

Not sure what's on the cards for today but glad we're not dodging Snoop and Nicos' hunters/dogs

Enjoy the day
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Re bad dreams greenishfing - Mrs B sometimes has them (feardies) and hers are sometimes triggered by recent events. Last week we watched one of the Harry Potter films and later in the night she suddenly makes a loud hissing noise and starts kicking her legs about. Naturally I'm thinking she must be fighting the big black dog from the film or a skellybob or something so gently nudge her with my foot to break the dream - at which point she erupts and starts booting and stomping me like a good'un.
                  Glad to say as it turned out she'd been flying round inside the house on a broom and got her legs caught up in the curtains. Also at that point the broom had turned into a bog brush and wouldn't fly.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning

A dry start so I'll be out taking out my bean row I was just waiting for the last runners to be a decent size to use for chilli beans. Think that's it for the garden today apart from harvesting.

Having a stroll over to Home Bargains later they have a good selection of nuts.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good morning, a bit of a damp start today but hopefully it will dry up, waiting for a builders merchant to open, as I want to buy (yes I know its a bad word) some plywood, my daughter needs a radiator refixed to a wall as it has burst off taking quite a chunk of plasterboard with it so will fit an area of plywood behind it which will make it more secure and cover the holes as well, the rest of the plywood I will use to make a doorway at the top of the, stairs which hopefully will keep the house warmer, OH doesn't know about that yet but as we don't use upstairs other than storage or on the rare occasion we have the grandchildren it's pointless letting the heat go up. Have a good day and even if you are waring a mask, pass on a smile and a good morning/day the other person might be having a worse day than you
                      Last edited by rary; 18-10-2021, 07:40 AM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

^^^ that sounds a good plan about the doorway rary.

I always wear a mask once I’m outside the house or car so I try to make a bigger smile using my eyes and give a little nod. Seems to get noticed.
                        Maybe they think I have a strange tick and wonder what’s coming next!

Comment

Morning all, I can't get the images of the broomstick/loo brush out of my head now. They keep making me smile Mr Bones.
                          Apart from meringues what does everyone do with leftover egg whites?
                          The weather here this morning is murky and dismal again. I'm not sure what is on the cards yet.

Comment

Morning all.

Rary, a house with a door at the foot or head of the stairs is great. I remember my great-aunt's house had a door at the foot of the stairs. She lived in a small village, in an old cottage and the bedrooms all led off one another, no landing or passage. I used to love staying there as a child.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

Morning all.

Crumbs, what a vivid dream your wife had, Mr B. Just make sure she never watches any James Bond or similar films just before bed time. No skiing or shooting action sequences, and no skydiving (though I suppose it's not that far to the floor).

Reasonably bright start to the day, but it's clouded over now. Mr Snoop off to a nearby town to enquire about pellet heaters, with a trip to the tip on the way to chuck out some old chairs (hooray) and a rusty load of metal I've found on the terrace to be cleared by the JCB. Doubtless I'll find more.

No paid work again, but I've plenty of work on the land to keep me busy. Am thinking of buying a battery-powered chainsaw. Will start a thread, so if anyone's got any views/advice, please drop in.

The smiles had hysterics over Mrs B's dream and left, giggling and hiccuping. Rary, lots, if not all, of them are headed your way. But they say they'll do detours to make sure they visit everyone.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Good morning all.
                                Bright and breezy here.
                                off out to the hardwear to pick up some net and wire to cover my containers.
                                Squirrels are constantly digging around in the garden and the flowerpots.
                                My hubby has terrible nightmares if he watches murders or horror before he goes to bed.

The smiles have arrived here, I expect they were blown in on the breeze.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...