This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

yep lottie - I use a hot water bottle in much the same way…sort of based on the advice that giving children a soothing warm bath just before they go to bed is supposed to help then sleep!
    I very much like ‘soporific’

I actually slept last night! Most impressed with that newly acquired skill

More sewing for me today but also I need to get outside and do a bit more gardening/ clearing up.

Kettle’s on - help yourselves…

Brew time!…..
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning,rather chilly one so far,thanks for the smiles,gave them a welcome and sent em on,a good sleep is wonderful,GF glad you found your relitive whereabouts,hope things are well,Snoop I got a text last night,he coming about lunch time,either i missheard,or he got the days raveled up,off to have a tidy up and empty dish washer,look in later,have a good day
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sending a special delivery of smiles just for you, LD. Hope you have a nice time. Careful how you go, mind. Don't want to put a dampener on things, but early days is early days. Be good to go out for lunch or a drink, maybe, instead of staying in? Big hug.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          It was a beautiful morning earlier but now gone dull and grey,
          Taking my sister to the airport, cant believe how the time has flown.
          GF, hope you find your relative and nothing too serious.

Nicos, you seem to be flying along with your sowing.

Having my grandson for a few hours this evening, looking forward to that.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
            Did a grory hop this morning. I think Leicester has a jinx over it today, in the space of 4 miles there were 4 broken down vehicles, and unbelievably three of them were at three separate sets of traffic lights, so really causing tailbacks just before 9am. Also popped into nearby wilcos and got 3 dahlias. Now I need to research how to grow and multiply them

Sun's out now, and time for a pre-lunch brew.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Today is an improvement on yesterday. Mr GF is feeling a bit better but still got breakfast in bed. I actually got through to the hospital and talked to a real live person at my first attempt today. They didn't speak very good English but it sounded like they hope to discharge my sister-in-law tomorrow.
              I managed to get in and out of the doctor's surgery quickly with no added problems.
              I'm now pondering what culinary "delight" to make for this evening.......choices, choices.

Comment

• Afternoon all,he came,met my son,more chat and cake,he coming tomorrow,and take me into Halesowen for a look about,only been once with the family,and would like to see what is about and the way there,thank you snoop,i am very very cautious,so far he is very respectful and kind,plus it will take a lot to gain my trust ,in the mead time,we are each others company,i do not know what to think at the mo,but am being a very very good girl ,by for now
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sorry for being a fusspot, LD. I do fret, though. Glad you had a good time. Sounds like a very considerate man.

Comment

• Afternoon, I was sure I'd posted this morning I suppose that's what happens when I have multi tabs open.
                    Not much happening here, glad to read your meet-up went fine LD and its good it MrGF is feeling a bit better.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                      Sorry for the rant in the middle of the night folks!!! Going to get ready for bed and try some Ovaltine, not convinced it will help but we will see.
                      Got to be up early tomorrow as the alarm engineer is coming…bet I oversleep!!
                      Talking about alarms, any Scottish grapes out there sorted these new alarms we are meant to have? They seem to be out of stock everywhere. Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Hope you all had a good day, enjoy the rest of your night. x
                      Jay I have installed fireguard interlinked sealed battery operated alarms very easy to fix to walls or ceiling (sticky ring pad) not the cheapest system, but so easy to link with one another, I would recommend that you check if your insurance company would honer existing insurance policies, if you have sealed battery or hard wired fire alarms fitted just now
                      Last edited by rary; 27-01-2022, 08:45 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Nothing to report, see you later, have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all.
                          Kettle's on

I plan to do a bit of compost spreading today so I can move my dalek back to its summer spot off the veg patch. Weather report says rain later, it'll probably turn out to be drizzle as usual.

Have a good day all.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Brr again innit?

Quick grory hop later including food for a couple we know who have Covid.
                            We’ve decided to go out for a couple of hours in the camper this afternoon after starting to pack up the kitchen area and if we can get our act together enough then sleep in it overnight in our garden.
                            I’ve managed so far to get all the seats covered with their first muslin layer. I’m very pleased they now have some protection!
                            The next ‘fitted layer’ is going to be much more complex as it involves relocating zips from the padded mattress cover which they arrived with…and then the final denim covers. Being realistic these are going to take some time

Time for a brew and a bowl of porridge methinks.
                            Anyone got plans for the weekend?
                            Have a great day out Lottie xx

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All,

Hurt my shoulder last night running into the wall playing squash so feeling rather sorry for myself!

was hoping to break up the old oil tank base this weekend but not sure how i'll get on now!

Happy Friday everyone
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all.

All I can say, Nicos, is either you've got good heating in your camper or it's warmer where you are than here. Good luck. And good on you for doing the shopping.

I'm intrigued, mothhawk, by your compost bin strategy. Could you describe it? My compost bin is like a black hole: lots goes in and nothing comes out. It's been where it is for the last fourteen years and I've only ever taken stuff out of it once and that was only just over a wheelbarrow load. Mind you, now might not be a bad time to take out whatever there is as there's a load of brassica leaves and stumps to go in.

Busy day again today but next week is looking clearer and possibly a little bit warmer by the end of the week. Time to get everything ready for spring. A thought that had the smiles flapping about, so I had to shoo them out and on their way. Should be with you soon. Some are making a special visit round your way, LD.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: Hope you make a speedy recovery, Peteyd.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-01-2022, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X