This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Just got back from leaving the camper for a service.
    Its not officially due one but I’d rather our local garage gave it a thorough once over anyway before setting off on our adventures!

We had a very light frost this morning and it’s beautifully sunny now.
    I’m part way through making the tiny teddy on the same site but it’s much more fiddly….still, I do need to crack on with the sewing for the camper - not enjoying doing it tbh which is why it’s not finished ( very complicated for my poor brain)

Time for another brew?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

No frost here today it does make a change not to have a sparkly garden.

A mix of doing house stuff, gardening, baking and a walk today.

enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,
        A bit of a grey foggy start to the day but it's to brighten up later.
        Off to the hairdressers shortly.
        Busy day today as it's the eve of my sons wedding.

Nicos, the knitted teddy's look really cute, another talent.

Have a good day all whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• How exciting bramble!
          Fingers crossed they have good weather - and I really hope it goes without a hitch x

Comment

• Definitely time for another brew, Nicos. I'll put the kettle back on.

Morning, lovelies.

Which reminds me, where's Rary? Anyone spotted him?

Perishing cold wind out there, but lovely sunshine too. Nice if you're in a sheltered spot, otherwise a bit too chilly for comfort. Frost on the cars when I went to bed, but a low of plus 2 ºC in the corral, so it's warmed up here too. Due to be a very cold weekend, though.

Busy day ahead, but probably just as well. It'll stop me wanting to eat the salty crackers Mr Snoop opened yesterday. Those things are addictive. Terrible when you're trying to diet...

The smiles raided Mr Snoop's box of bits of fabric and carnival costumes. They wouldn't let me see, so I have no idea what they'll look like today. But I know they were pleased you spotted their goldiness, Nicos. Apparently there's a spot of sparkly atmosphere above your home and they really enjoy playing in it before dipping down to see you.

Right, that's enough flights of the imagination. Better get to work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,not to bad a day here either,Bramble i wish you all a lovely day tomorrow,and congratulations to the happy couple,Snoop i wondered what was going on on overhead,it must have been your lovely imaginative smiles,whatever form they are lovely to get thank you,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hope you have a lovely day today and especially tomorrow, Bramble.

Comment

• I hope you have a great day tomorrow Bramble and hopefully good weather too.

I must knit the other ear on my were-rabbit. You never know it might look more normal then. I actually fancy knitting the baby chick on the same site but I must get yellow wool first or it will look very weird too. Nicos I am jealous of your cuties.

The sun has only just snuck out here. It's been overcast and felt really cold all day. I have just been and bought two identical dinner/tea sets (8 place settings in total) not because I need 8 of anything but somehow they end up chipped and broken and I want to be sure I have spares. During lockdown we have decimated the old ones.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 21-01-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• All the best for your son's wedding tomorrow Bramble.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind wishes.
                      All done now except the weather which has a mind of iits own.
                      Lots of excitement as this wedding has been long overdue.

GF, I am always replacing dishes as my husband has a problem with the tendons in his fingers which are bent.
                      He had an operation on one hand but wouldnt get the other one done as he said it was too painful.

Anyway, have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        Thank you all for your kind wishes.
                        All done now except the weather which has a mind of iits own.
                        Lots of excitement as this wedding has been long overdue.

GF, I am always replacing dishes as my husband has a problem with the tendons in his fingers which are bent.
                        He had an operation on one hand but wouldnt get the other one done as he said it was too painful.

Anyway, have a good evening all.

Mr GF has Depruyens contracture in all his fingers which makes him a liability when washìng/drying up. He was once going to get surgery until he met someone who had had it. He then changed his mind.

Comment

• I have had that operation,i was terrifed as it was my first op,so pleased i did it,any scared dry tissue i sanded down with a emery board,also bio oil was good,plus masarges,these days i have no bother,just keep use hand cream,as for painful,it is only after the initial surgery same as any op,a couple of weeks or so,the second week i got MR making holes in the ground,i put plants in,and he covered them up,my little finger was bent 45 deg,that was my experiance anyway,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

What a dull, dark morning. No wind though so there’s certainly less of a chill factor.

The Camper only needed new windscreen wipers and passed its service with flying colours so I can see a day trip out now is clearly in order!!!
                            I need to focus on where contents are going to be packed away as it has such a tiny storage area.
                            Previously we’ve just thrown things in for the day trips out but it does need more serious thought for longer trips. Part of the fun of it all eh?

Bramble - enjoy the day - how exciting!..I’m thinking of you!

No idea what today will entail, but it will certainly include bringing in wood and lighting the wood fires. I also really need to shake a leg and get those pansies planted up!

Whats everyone else planned for the weekend?

Kettle’s on. Porridge for breakfast - and buttery croissants for those not on diets. Mmmm….

Comment

• Morning all. Thanks for the cuppa, Nicos, I'll pass on the croissants, delicious as they are. Congratulations on the campervan now being totally complete and ready to go!

Bramble, hope you have a lovely day and the weather is kind, and the same as it is here - clear and sunny right now.

I discovered a new method of breadmaking yesterday, it's called tangzhong, which gives a super soft bun or roll because the flour can absorb more water. I tried it out and the burger buns I made turned out exactly that, soft and fluffy. The bread is supposed to stay soft a lot longer too.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                I discovered a new method of breadmaking yesterday, it's called tangzhong, which gives a super soft bun or roll because the flour can absorb more water. I tried it out and the burger buns I made turned out exactly that, soft and fluffy. The bread is supposed to stay soft a lot longer too.
                                I made some once and yes, it came out amazingly soft and almost like brioche in texture. But the recipe called for sugar and I wasn't sure I liked how sweet it came out. Did your recipe call for sugar? Would you mind sharing the recipe?
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 22-01-2022, 09:54 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X