This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.
    Just to let you all know my 'Tuna Tuesday' has now become pretty close to 'Fishy Friday'. In other words I am not anal about what tinned fish I eat on that day (and even sometimes use frozen mussel,squid and prawn mixes) although I do like a bit of'Proppa' fish on a Friday. Eating fish twice a week is reccomended methinks and that breaks the week up nicely?
    I have bought some meatless fish in the shape of cod fillets but I am reluctant to try them after my meatless mince debacle!

I never could understand how vegetarians can eat fish. A fish is a living animal the same as a cow or sheep innit? You still need to kill it to eat it.
    Anyway, let's not get too philosophical and get on with life. Seems bright out so after walking Kato I will probably be allotment bound to do a bit of digging and hopefully get a sweat on!

TTFN and have a good day all
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Fishy Friday?…ha …what other days do you have?
      Sumptuous Sundays?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All They said the delay is partly due to the fact that they hadn't had the materials form back yet Snoop and had I received it. I told them they had acknowledged the receipt of the form last week. They then apologised and will get back to me today. I'm giving them till eleven and then the haranguing starts again Frosty here. Slow cooker about to go on for chilli. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all,thank goodness the sun is starting to come out,Nicos no worry what so ever,i fully understand what you say and agree,i suppose it's IS best on the the dinner thread,as to what we have eaten far simpler,got to take a walk shopping in bit,then start my skirt,i have had a like,also a message,so just started to chat last night,take it as it comes,i do feel in a different place ,
          Ref false meats ext,they are a waste of money,have tried them in the past,i personally do not like so called red meat,and only like certain fish,see we all different,have a good with your sister Bramble,thank you smiles,right of to do something useful,have a day and Bgood2yourselvs
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon.

I’m a meat eater but I prefer veggie burgers to beef ones they’re much tastier such as spicy bean or beetroot and bean. I don’t buy the pretend meat ones I’ve even seen no-bacon bacon for sale can’t see the point somehow. But each to their own.

I hope you get your kitchen sorted soon Flo xx it must be frustrating for you.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all. Defrosting the ice cube was a long winded job this morning. Has anybody any tips on what to do when the car doors are frozen shut?

I did a grory hop this afternoon so the fridge is well stocked again. I forgot lemons (unheard of). I have got jars of preserved lemons though and one lonely fresh lemon. Last week I forgot tomatoes (but had some oven dried tomatoes in the freezer.) My memory is getting worse. It's a good job there are always alternatives. As long as I remember wine, fresh milk, cream, eggs, butter and flour we'll survive.

Comment

• Evening all

I did a plot walkthrough today which I have uploaded onto another thread. After the walkthrough I did a couple of hours work on the runner bean bed. It had runner beans in it last year which didn't do too well so whilst weeding the plot I threw all the weeds and vegetable matter in a heap between the bean poles. Poles have now been taken out and today i levelled the bed, dug the bed and removed stones,plastic,and umpteen weeds including nettles,couch grass and docks. After raking level the plan is to let it dry out a bit more then re-dig removingany weed roots I have missed.
                It was a bright sunny day so it was a pleasure to make a start on the plot.
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Will have a look at your walkthrough later, Snadger. Looking forward to seeing it.

Bren, do you make your own veggie burgers or buy them? We quite like the Lidl veggie burgers (not the fancy fake meat ones, though, or their vegan ones with beans in, which are just inedible). I make carrot and sesame burgers. I love them, but they are a bit crumbly.

Comment

• Snoop I use a mix of store bough and homemade Aldi has a good selection then I also buy from a local freezer shop.

These are spicy bean burgers are tasty.

https://www.recipesmadeeasy.co.uk/sp...burger/#recipe

of to watch Snadgers walkthrough.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Fishy Friday?…ha …what other days do you have?
                      Sumptuous Sundays?
                      Yeah quite like hat Nicos. I usually have a roast of some decription on Sunday so it could be classed as 'sumptious' I suppose. Saturday is always 'Full English Breakfast Day' I know it doest rhyme with Saturday but I look forward to it anyway!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening all

Off to watch your video in a sec Snadge!

I did a grory hop as well today.Only intended to get a few things but ended up buying enough for a couple of weeks.
                        Their fish counter was amazingly full so we bought a large selection and froze most of it.

We had a very misty day today, it hardly lifted all day. Glad you had some nice weather Snadge - I could do with some to lure me back out into the garden!
                        Today I treat myself to 36 pansies for my window boxes so that’s a good place to start!

On the way home we spotted 5 herons and one egret in a field - amazing to see so many herons together, but also to see an egret with them. I wonder how common that is?

I’ve saved your burger link Bren - that’s one I’ll definitely be making - thanks

Comment

• Thanks, Bren. Will definitely try those.

Comment

• Morning all.

Have you a recipe for the carrot and sesame burgers, Snoop? I don't like kidney beans much, so I'm always looking for other ingredients to use.

Good video, Snadger. You'll not be short of onions all year!
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Good grief…no mist today, just heavy cloud.

No idea what today will bring - Might get those pansies planted out - the front of the house could do with some colour tbh.
                              I chose yellow and orange ones so they can be seen from a distance. I think the orange ones are my favourite but guess they get picked first?…Do other peeps have a favourite pansy colour ?
                              Noticed I’ve got some daffs, grape hyacinth and a few other bulbs poking their leaves through the soil - won’t belong now until the flowers appear. Which reminds me - I have a small cluster of snowdrops ( well - I did last year which the voles hadn’t munched) so I should go and check what they are up to!
                              Anyone else’s snowdrops flowering yet?

Time for a brew - kettle’s on- help yourselves!

Comment

• Good morning all. I've been awake since 6.30 am but that is a great improvement on yesterday (3.30am). I'm taking Mr GF to the "hearing clinic" for 10.15 this morning. His deafness is getting worse but he hates wearing his hearing aids as he says they make his ears itch. He just keeps asking me to repeat things and shouts himself. .....really annoying in the car when he is only about a foot away.

Thanks for the offer of a brew Nicos but Mr GF has just brought me a lovely cup of coffee. Some things he excels at..... making coffee is one.

The car is not frozen this morning. It is raining at the moment and 7°C. I think we've got sun forecast for later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X