This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Yes, at first I too thought you were starting the day in jolly style, FF. Good story, GF. Hope the glass didn't go in everyone's dinners. We have a friend who is forever knocking glasses over. It's become so much of a joke that whenever we eat with him, we always put out tumblers rather than stemmed glasses, even if we've got really nice wine. And yes, Nicos, good idea, time for a brew. Anyone else want one?

Another cold night, a low of minus 5 ÂșC in the corral. Due to get even colder towards the end of the week. No change forecast till the end of the month. Just as well we've got plenty of firewood this year.

Today for me: cooking (bread and another huge pot of soup) to fill the gaps in the freezer and work.

I got up late and the smiles were already gone, so I presume they've been with your for ages now. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all.
      Lots of smiles here, Snoop, enjoying the sunshine, and yes, please, I'll have another cuppa. Always ready for one.

My dad in his later years used to do part-time work as a barman, and when the pub closed he brought home a whole load of glasses - completely filled the sideboard. Over the years I've given away all the beer glasses (half pint and pint) and a lot of the wine and sherry glasses, but I still have one whole shelf of them. Wine glasses were much smaller then - who decided they needed to hold half a pint? I hate to see huge wine glasses. Mind you, I don't drink wine, or any alcohol at all.

I think there might even still be a babycham glass at the back, and I only broke the last cherryB glass last year.
      In another cupboard I have 2 sets of tumbler style glasses, one was my grandmothers and one my parents wedding gift, and the glass is so fine I daren't even take them out to wash. Alas out of two sets of six, one in each has a chip. totally my fault.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Snoop, fortunately everyone had just sat down when Mr GF was demonstrating his " unbreakable" glass so just a big lump out, no cuts or major damage. The only thing I'd prefer with the stemmed unbreakable wine glasses is if the base was weighted. Maybe then I wouldn't have needed new curtains.

Just rung the care home and although still no visiting they say the in-law is fine. Also had my sister on the phone for the better part of an hour which was nice. Must do some cooking now. I'm getting very tempted by the rabbit pattern. Maybe pack some in with an Easter egg.

Comment

• Afternoon all,how nice and sunny,thinking whether to go and have rake around the garden for dead twigs,starting on the front,Nicos there are no tips,your mind HAS to be in the right zone first and foremost,then it's take some responibillity for yourself,i find that i no longer can eat a big meal,and am not giving up sweet stuff,so it's eating smaller meals that are healthier,i still have my treats,as i call them,BUT use them as a dessert and only very moderate,say 2 bicuits instead of lots,if i fancy a bit of choc,put a limit on it,i am currently eat up,after 8 mints from exmas,only 1 or 2.and not every day,slowly nibble,and savour the very last taste before the next nibble,i do natually enjoy veggies without spuds,with a little sprinkle of cheese,i done WW several years ago,oh yes it got results,gut i did feel deprived,or my tast buds were,i kept it of for 5 years,the back it came with neary 1/2 stone extra,it has taken me a very long time to start this new adventure,sooo my take on things is,most of us on here KNOW what is good and bad for us,so choose wisely,without denial,and be prepared for that MUST HAVE glitch,no weiging,or measuring of food,excercise does not have to be a full blown gym,merely keep moving and stretching with ease,
          This has put a thought into my head NICOS,would be nice to have a new sticky /support thread for those of us who are trying to loose,with so called recipe 's for smaller,good for us meals,heading ,good for us support,loosing it our way,or open up a pole,can you tell i am coming back to life hehehe
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
            This has put a thought into my head NICOS,would be nice to have a new sticky /support thread for those of us who are trying to loose,with so called recipe 's for smaller,good for us meals,heading ,good for us support,loosing it our way,or open up a pole,can you tell i am coming back to life hehehe
            Sorry I know you meant to put "open up a post" not "pole" but my weird brain had already imagined all the slimmers gathering to pole dance in the Gardeners' Rest for exercise.

Comment

• NICOS,you brain is fine,maybe i should have but it better,i did mean pole,as in,if it was thought to be a good idea,open a pole and choose a thread title,to get peeps involved,hence the word{ heading} hehehehe,just a wild idea of mine again,ok lets book your thoughts for the end of the year,when we all maybe in better shape for a routine special
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lottie - I’ll speak with the other mods about the idea of a diet thread.
                One was proposed a few years ago and it was decided not to go ahead as this is really a gardening forum
.but I’m happy to bring it back to discussion again?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Heavy mist/ fog here and still pretty dark.
                  You could see the glow of the moon earlier as a brighter patch in the mist. All rather pretty but very spooky!

Apart from my weigh in later I’ve no set plans for the day- lots to choose from!

First few of the day time 
I’ll get that kettle on
.*tiptoes into the kitchen so as not to disturb anyone

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, Nicos. Thanks for leaving the kettle nice and hot. Morning, all.

Another chilly morning out there. Minus 3 ÂșC at the moment in the corral, low of minus 4 ÂșC. So definitely a bit warmer than recent nights. Due another bright day today, high of 8 ÂșC. No mist or fog, though the steam rising off the fields later on will look a bit like mist. Very pretty.

Nice kind of day ahead. More work plus piling muck into my asparagus trench.

I did my weigh-in this morning. Surprisingly good news. The smiles had me a bit dizzy, whirlygigging about my head at the result before they set off. Should be with you all soon.

Have a great day, everyone. I've topped the kettle up, so should come back to the boil quite quickly.

Comment

• Morning all. Mr GF woke me up at about 7am by getting out of bed and tripping over a cold hot water bottle that had been kicked out at some point (mine of course). He's now fast asleep again.

There is a frost and the sky is clear. My coffee is definitely hitting the spot. Got to take Mr GF to the doctors for blood tests etc and deliver some of yesterday's pasta bake. I also set off a couple more jars of preserved lemons yesterday as I've promised my sister one of the jars maturing in the fridge.

I also ought to go fetch some more potatoes from the shed at the allotment.

Comment

• Ooh! I've just made a Caffitiere of coffee...

got some unexpected time off, so this week is all the admin, then some DIY, and plot time!

Comment

• Morning all. As it looks reasonably bright out, after I have taken Kato for his walk I may venture to the allotment. Lots to do but a spell digging might loosen the joints up a bit.

TTFN
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine today so I'll be out in the garden later.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All I wanted to clean the windows today but the sun is streaming through them so that will have to wait until later. Dinner is already out of the freezer, cooked chicken breast broccoli cheese, mashed potatoes and carrots. Ping, ping,ping and ping. It's also the first day to harangue the insurance company. Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                We had a heavy frost, minus 1.
                                It's now a beautiful clear sunny morning.
                                Looking after my grandson for a few hours this afternoon.
                                Looking forward to that.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse