Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,HI snadger,sorry about your fall,hope you soon sort out,good news on the campa van nicos,all that's wanted now,is better weather and allowed to go out,would lik3e a walk to shops,but still white on the paths,plus i have had more than my fair share of stupid falls and bamby moves,the best way to look at this cold is,hopefully get on top off some bugs,better now than later,if not confident to do a small teddy nicos,how about embroider one,make a an aplique out of fabric,or out of wool,tape,make a scane then split into head and libs,even just plan old pompoms,only draw back it,if she chews on them,hence tape or sew some fine tubes and work some magic,,have a good day all and Bgood2yourselves
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Nice ideas there lottie- thanks!

I found this bunny I might have ago at…..

https://knittingbypost.com/free-litt...tting-pattern/

If it works out I could make some alternative scarves using different colours so she can choose a different scarf ( which might help her learn her colours?)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I'm afraid the sprouts thoran didn't get made I'm afraid, Nicos. Mr Snoop was out yesterday and came back much later than expected. The sprouts are still on the plants, so will be OK for during next week. My diet hasn't been fantastic this week, but could be worse. So long as I don't ruin it this weekend...

Got a load to get through this weekend. Hoping to fill some gaps in the freezer and also got a fair bit of work I want to get through too.

Perishing cold again last night (low of minus 6 ºC in the corral). The smiles didn't care though and went out as per. Except some came back early to tell me you're back, Snadger. Really good to see you. Hope you get over your injury quickly.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I like the look of that bunny. Might be a good idea to make two and give one to mum to keep as when I sewed a teddy bear for a young niece many, many years ago the little girl would never part with it, even for washing, and I had to make a twin after a few weeks.

It was still so cold (-1°C) earlier that I decided to warm the car for my husband's benefit before we set off. I was just sitting there fiddling and hit a "wrong button" when much to my amazement I discovered it has an inbuilt Satnav that I didn't know about.

Comment

• Evening everyone, hope you had a nice day!
            Glad to see you back Snadge, also glad your leg is on the mend too. Is Kato stir crazy or has someone been able to walk him?

Have a nice night everyone. Catch up later! x
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              Yay Snadge! You nipped in before me there. Glad you're OK and your leg is on the mend. Have you still been able to walk Kato, or is he getting stir crazy?
              Surprisingly, walking is the only excercise I can do. I walk between 10,000 and 12,000 steps each day and Kato loves it. I am hoping to get back to my other exercises next week.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just to clarify, the quad mustle is above the femur and when I slipped I think I may have tweaked it. I can still walk pain free but struggle to jump, dance or twist. This happened a fortnight ago and the bruise has just appeared recently in a completely different area to where it was painful to tought. The bruise must be where the muscle/tendon or whatever is joined to the bone I imagine? I should have probably went to docs but it seams to be on the mend now.
                Nicos, I have had a few problems with my campervan. The battery was discharging after a week without use so I put on a new battery. That battery has also discharged just standing so I must have a dead short somewhere. Also the starter motor keeps jamming now and again so I have to wack it with a crowbar and it starts then. Its a bit of a pain because the engine is under the drivers seat so I have to dissasemble the seat mechanismand prop it up to give me access to the starter motor.. I will purchase a reconditioned starter and fit it once the weather warms up a bit. The interior has been on hold until I get the battery draining and starter motor sorted.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening, so good to see you back on Snadger, was getting a bit concerned when you weren't on, so wish you well friend. A mild but damp day today, had intended to wash the car, with a constant drizzle couldn't get it done, and as OH is finally showing improvement I got out to the greenhouse for a time, I put the fire on and as I have bought a new shaft for one of my spades I placed the shank of the spade in the fire to burn out the broken shaft, so can now prepair the new shaft for fitting, would have got it done today but daughter and granddaughter dropped in for a visit as they were out walking the dogs, and now we have Daisy staying for two or three days, just to give her a rest from Rosie who now seems to want everything that Daisy starts playing with, I think she enjoys the bit of a rest, possibly I will be able to relate to that when I get old, no doubt a number of you can, just now ​​​​​​, Enjoy your weekend and keep safe. Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon,had a nice walk to shops,That looks a good Bunny pattern,so uncomplicated,and what a brill idea GF to make 2,as for diets,am not calling that,but instead,make better options,i have gone down 4 lb,not a lot,but does feel better around my front belt area on my jeans,what with this and wanting to move on,i want to look better,i refuse to act my age,son rang,he was visiting the granddaughter round the corner from me,when a loud bang was heard,on going into the street,it seems a extremly drunk drive came hurting down the road,no body hurt thank goodness,BUT it involved 5 vehicles,the son,granddaughter and husbands,his own and another vehicle,and yes the police came as soon as,i was shown a pics,the DDriver car was unreconisable,at least 2 of the family cars are expected to be writoffs,apparently son wife and a GGson,had not long got out and gone in,only 1 of the cars is safe to drive,,good news is,the family came round to mine,granddaughter has put me on a site,we were all having a great laugh about things in general,plus some stayed for dinner,they just gone home,it was so lovely to hear the boys playing with an empty big plastic box,one they could sit in,this alone has done me good,am now going to try and chill ,by the way,i started to write this before they came,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Bit of frost but not a lot…..but it’s a tad brrrrr innit?

Well done on your weight loss lottie - any tips?
                      And wow- that accident could have had a much worse outcome Thank goodness no one was injured.

Gf…good call about a second bunny thanks for the heads up on that.

Snadge - how frustrating about the camper…keep on with it - it’ll be soooo rewarding when you finally get it up and running.
                      Not long now before ours is ‘official’
                      I really thought you would beat us to it!

Is it time for another brew?…must be…it’s always brewo’clock!
                      Bit more knitting for me today and some domestic chores - far too cold to be outside!

Have a great day peeps - whatever you get up to!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 16-01-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny start. Great knitting patterns Nicos thank you, I aim to knit some of those for Easter. Breakfast sandwich is on the way and I hope a large wine/gin glass - I smashed my one and only on Friday and the ones I Primed are far too big, so I'm borrowing! Have a lovely Sunday
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. No sun yet, but at least the fog has disappeared and it is slightly warmer. I had trouble sleeping last night, things going round and round in my mind which means I feel really worn out this morning.

Flo I had to smile as at first glance I was imagining you with a breakfast sandwich and a large glass of wine/gin for breakfast. All our everyday glasses, even the ones for wine are now the unbreakable plastic picnic ones as we've had a few too many accidents with glass ones this last few years. Just before lockdown Mr GF was telling everybody at the dining table how amazing they were. "Look," he said, banging one on the table. Of course, because we had visitors, I'd got real glass ones out!

Comment

• Smiling right back at you GF, sounds like something we'd do too!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Only a slight early frost today the suns out now so is the bedding is on the line.

We've got a couple of unbreakable wine and beer glasses in the trailer tent they're handy taking away the worry of breakages.

No real plans today just the garden and a walk later.

Enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• That made me chuckle gf!

I bought some unbreakable glasses for the camper too. They don’t feel like you are drinking out of thick plastic glasses. Love them!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 16-01-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X