• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s an amazingly interesting link there Snoop !…thanks for that
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bramble I've seen Bird feeders with a outer cage they're supposed to be squirrel proof we don't have squirrels here so not tried them.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren, I will look out for them 8n our local hardware store.

Snoop, yes the new golf club is working well...or maybe it's the person holding it. 😏

Good evening all., a very blustery day but no rain.
        It was great to be back out and catching with everyone even if it was cold.
        H
        Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, haven't done much today, but did take OH out, as the snow was almost gone I decided to go for some bird feeding so told her to get ready as she was coming with me (quite risky when she is standing with a stick​​​​​​) but I felt she needed to get out for a bit, though we were out less than an hour, I think it helped her, on the way back home I stopped off for a newspaper, the shop was in a nearby local town and off the main road, several cars were passing then OH said she thought that our granddaughter had passed us, no sooner said than the mobile phone rang, then daughter was asking what we were doing out, talk about the inquisition, I never quizzed her like that when she was young, however she accepted what her mother said so that was ok Once back home I discovered that toilet rolls don't magically appear in the cupboard, it's great what you learn as you get older well enjoy what's left of the weekend and keep safe and keep smiling Goodnight
          Last edited by rary; 08-01-2022, 06:43 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Rary - Great to hear you both got out yesterday…your Mrs must have been getting a bit Stir crazy by now .

Thinking of going on a cycle ride today - we had incredible winds and rain on and off overnight but it’s looking calm out there again.
            Cant see any damage .

Thinking about it, I’ve not seen our robin recently.
            I did just read this though…..

”While many robins won’t move more than 5km whatever the season, some flee the UK for warmer climates before winter arrives. Most of these birds are female, crossing the Channel to as far afield as Spain or Portugal, and returning to the UK with the warmer weather.”

from https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blo...obins-migrate/

…so maybe ‘she?’ has headed south?

Enjoy your day peeps- what’s everyone up to?

Comment

• Morning

Not much happening here today Nicos its going to be fine so gardening and a walk.

Will be making a batch of soup later I seem to have bought a lot of carrots. I'll freeze some for later as well.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all. It's 3°C here at the moment. The car hadn't defrosted yet. No sunshine, but no wind and rain either. I was wide awake again in the middle of the night for a couple of hours for no apparent reason. I even considered getting up at about 5am.

Yesterday, as an experiment I made curry in the slow cooker instead of on the hob. It was probably the best curry I've ever made but the smell drove me mad all afternoon and then for the end the breadmaker joined in. I'm surprised I didn't end up like one of those "droolly" dogs like Hooch.

I'm not sure what I'm up to today. It really does feel cold outside.

Comment

• Morning all.

Miserable weather outside. No incentive to go out and do anything in the garden today but I really could do with clearing a couple of beds and piling some muck about the place. Probably not today, though. It's the last day before all my clients are back at work. I've done enough to stay out of trouble, so that's a relief. But I think I'll try and get a bit more out of the way today.

The smiles seem glad to get back to the old routine and have already headed out. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A mild 7 degs here.
                    Going to mass this morning as it's my dads anniversary.
                    Then visiting the cemetary.
                    It's my daughters birthday today so I will call into her.

Glad to hear Mrs Rary was out and about.
                    Nothing so depressing as being stuck indoors.

Have a good day all and dont work too hard Snoop.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, not raining at present but have had some very heavy showers, was going to walk to church this morning but a heavy shower started just as I was going to go out, so went up in the car instead, after church back home and made lunch and now have the tea prepared for this evening, OH is now trying to walk about the house without a stick, I think I will give her a duster so that when she can leans on the furniture she can give it a dust now waiting for our son and family, who will be down shortly, and no doubt be wanting fed, catch you later
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Te hé rary - I thought you were going to suggest your OH had the vacuum cleaner to lean on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Te hé rary - I thought you were going to suggest your OH had the vacuum cleaner to lean on!
                          ....and dusters fastened to her feet.

...bloody predictive text kept changing dusters to sisters!
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 09-01-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Evening All You all sound chipper. It's been cold and wet here today, but I had the bonus of a bacon sandwich brought to me this morning, which I really enjoyed. Paid the excess on the kitchen work on Friday so I'm hoping for a start next week, though I'm not holding my breath. I know the kitchen is ready and has been for a few weeks, so now everything is dry they should be able to progress. Have a lovely evening
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening

Greenishfing predictive text does throw out some unusual words doesn't it, sometimes I only notice after I've hit post reply. It's so much easier on my PC with its real keyboard.

Comment

• Morning all. The sun turned the sky pink as it rose this morning. Does that mean rain later? I'll get the kettle on and feed the birds. They are all twittering away in the trees nearby.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X