Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you bramble and every one else who have been wishing OH a speedy recovery
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Congrats on the camper, Nicos. Where are you off to for your first trip?

A chiropractor isn't a bad idea, Rary. I've got a couple of friends who have used them and they have really helped. Back pain is so debilitating. There's the pain itself and its impact on one's daily life, plus the frustration of it being so difficult to resolve.

Freezing cold out there this morning. High of 5 ºC forecast for today, but bright sunshine apparently. I got up early and first thing I did was light the range in the kitchen. What a thing of joy it is. Kettle's on the go, so help yourselves to a brew and biscuits for them as fancy them (today's offering is peanut butter cookies, though the raisins have come out quite hard, should have soaked them first, sorry about that).

Absolutely loads of work to get through today. Finding it quite hard to find the get-up-and-go after the festive season.

Hope the kings brought you all lots of presents in the night. Have a great day all.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first then some sewing not to sure after that depends how much snow we have later.

Enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Very cold here again, but no sunshine today The car is still frozen. I slept like a log again apart from weird dreams. The only thing I still remember from last night's was that I was in South America.

Haircuts for us today. Sleet and snow is forecast for later. I must remember to drop pasta bake off as well.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 06-01-2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Frosty start again here too.

Not sure when the first overnight stay will be- it needs its new log book and upping of its insurance value before we feel comfortable with it on the road and left on a campsite/ car park etc. Should arrive in 3-6 weeks so that’ll be the final delay.

As from 1st Jan supermarkets here have to comply with a new law vastly restricting single use plastics with their veg. I noticed in Lidl yesterday that there were still quite a lot of veg in wrappers- possibly selling up stock. It’ll be interesting seeing the new methods of packaging.

Xmas trees are coming down today then boxes packed away until December.
            Looks like its already turning into a Domestic Goddess day.​​​​​​…..Can’t wait to get back out into the garden….

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you get up to!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yes, I saw the new rules. Some people might be nervous about buying loose fruit and veg due to the old info about Covid being spread by viruses on surfaces. I guess produce could be supplied in paper bags, but people also like seeing what they're buying.

Comment

• I still wash all my fruit veg Snoop. Apart from mushrooms and onions and they get left 3 days once unpacked.
                I know it’s possibly a bit old hat to do this but I have the time and still feel more comfortable doing this….and in any case , it washes off pesticides etc….
                Last edited by Nicos; 06-01-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Good morning, cold and wet this morning, was up at the chemist's to pick up a prescription for OH, not in yet, the assistant told me it could be a couple of days before it came from the doctors, wasn't to chuffed about that, but the clinic had phoned the house before I was back home, so it will be in before the end of the day.
                  Nicos I remember when buying vegetables, the potatoes were weighed and emptied into your message bag followed by whatever hard veg then the softer ones like leeks, lettuce etc. on top, no paper bags let alone plastic, and everything was washed, the only things put into paper bags were bakery, and unsliced bread, the bread only started coming wrapped in waxed paper when they started selling sliced bread, then plastic pockes were used for a new type of bread, which was called pan bread, there plastic bags and wrapping took off, then most veg came prewashed, though like you I still wash everything, right need to go as its lunch time, keep safe and warm and smileremember it helps others
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• good afternoon all very cold ,had to turn up the heating,we got snow again ,glad i not got to go out,snoop that is a good point about paper bags,i have made some little bags out of net curtains,they can go in the wash,and wash the contents as usual,another benefit of loose veg is they will not sweat,plus you only pick out the size and quantity to suit you,i think i said this before,just put all your fruit and veg in 1 bag,at the till,let them weigh them,then rebag,at least that way you not paying for the weight of net bags ext,including the ones they sell cheap enough,started to de christmatize the place,look after yourselves and stay safe and warm
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• One tree down and one to go…just stopping for a ‘herbal’ Xmas flavoured tea - mainly cinnamon , ginger and cloves….it’s really lovely!

Comment

• Afternoon

We have snow a fair bits been falling the past hour and settling.

Like Lottie we use net bags a mix of bought one and homemade they're handy and last a long time.

Our greengrocers sold loose veg that went straight into your shopping bag but sadly he closed a few years ago someone took over but they didn't last long.

Comment

• I remember as a child shopping on the market for vegetables and fruit, all sold loose. My mother had a big leather shopping bag with varying string bags inside. I remember one day though she didn't have enough bags and the man on the stall put some veg in one of their strong brown paper bags with string handles that cut into your fingers. I put it down frequently to relieve my fingers but unfortunately this was a wet day and as I went to pick it up the bottom disintegrated and there was vegetables and fruit rolling all the way down the street.

We've had haircuts and I've delivered pasta bakes. I'm now thinking the next job is taking down decorations and cards.

Comment

• We’ve just finished doing ours gf.
                            The house looks quite bland…Thank goodness I treated myself to some roses yesterday.

OH said there is one decoration left. He’s hidden it!…Darn…te he….I bet it’s somewhere I’m supposed to vac or clean

Comment

• Afternoon all. Heavy frost this morning, but no snow here LD

Did a grory hop then out for a brisk walk - I actually had to do up my coat, an extreme rarity for me as I hate having any coat done up, it has to be absolutely perishing or absolutely pouring to force me into it.

Snoop, I made peanut butter cookies at the weekend, but I don't ever put the raisins in, or the orange zest. They are quite crisp, 'cos I had 2 egg yolks left from making macaroons, so used them instead of whole egg. Usually I make Shrewsbury biscuits with the yolks.

I intend making a beanie hat later to recycle/reuse an old fleece jumper that's wearing thin. I may make it double layered for extra warmth if there's enough fabric. Not made one before. I was given one but it must have been child size as it was too tight, I have a small size head, but not that small.

Congrats on the campervan, Nicos, great to have it all sorted at the start of the year.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening I'm happy to say it rained late afternoon washing away all the snow, it looked pretty but I'm glad it's all gone.

have a good evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X