Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all, and what a lovely sunny one! Everything that needs doing is done and now I'm chilling with a fresh brew. No biscuit with it, I put on five pounds over the last two weeks, so that's got to go. And after I was so chuffed to be twenty pounds lighter this year than last. Seems I only have to sniff a mince pie or a biscuit to gain weight again. So flour is off the menu once more.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good day all.
      The sun is streaming in through the window here.
      No plans for the day, just to enjoy it.

Lottie, its lovely to see everything is working out for you.

Enjoy your bacon butty Nicos, we had a fry up.

All back to normal tomorrow, enjoy the day.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Very grey here and the sky looks as if rain isn't too far away. I've tried to book a Care Home visit for tomorrow to discover that they have suspended visiting for the time being...... One of the residents has got covid and is now in hospital.
        I am now really annoyed with Dunelm as they keep sending me emails to try and tempt me to order more items despite still not having delivered my curtains and not having customer services of any kind open at weekends and Bank holidays. They will maybe join a certain seed company on my personal blacklist depending on what happens next.
        It's now raining heavily and nearly as black as night.

Comment

• Evening

This mornings sunshine lasted long enough to almost dry the washing then it’s rained ever since.
          We did have a pretty looking double rainbow though so it wasn’t all bad.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, a belated Happy New Year, haven't been out other than walking the dog, some shopping and at church this morning, OH is still in a lot of pain so I am still head cook and bottle washer, and one of our grandsons has covid, so again so more shopping for daughter, he has only had one jag but hopefully with him being young it won't be too sore on him, I hope you all stay safe and healthy and no matter what pass on a smile
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Very chilly here at the moment. Interesting weather week ahead by the look of forecasts. Even a possibility of snow. That'll be a shock after the fantastic weather over the last few days. I'm going to pretend I haven't seen the forecast for next week, but it looks like January is going to become a regular month for storms if the forecast proves right.

Busy day ahead, so I thought I'd get a head start by getting up early. Not feeling very enthusiastic now, though. Think I'll get the fire going and put the kettle on. No biscuits, I'm afraid. The diet starts today...

Feels a bit like the year actually starts today. Fingers crossed it's a good one. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning it looks being a good day weather wise for gardening or a walk so that's my day sorted.

Good luck on you diet Snoop

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very sunny but also very breezy. Eldest Golden Girl is 25 today, how time flies. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A sunny but very breezy morning here.
                    No plans for the day so it will be garden and greenhouse pottering.
                    I will probably take in a walk later.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                      I went out for a walk earlier and it was grey, overcast and a cold wind. Now I'm back the sun has come out and there's nary a cloud in the sky. Typical, really.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Grey and wet sploshy stuff going on here. Deffo not a day to go out on the bike for the first time this month. Bit relieved tbh

Diet starts today for me too snoop.
                        I lost 4 1/2lbs pre Xmas and put on 4 lbs over the festive period. So the plan worked out well - feeling quite chuffed I’m still less than when I started.Not a lot I know….but psychologically I’m giving myself the thumbs up
                        So now the serious dieting starts….plus more exercise…

Birthday greetings to your gg Flo…wow!

I had an unexpected parcel yesterday. We bought a mini usb dehumidifier for the camper and were told delivery by the end of the month….and it arrived yesterday!
                        Bit of a contrast to the Dunelm delivery gf. It maybe shows that there is so much going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of.

Right….making a start on taking down some of the decorations…probably all but the trees and the outdoor lights. 12th night is definitely the local tradition though.

Herbal tea anyone?…
                        Last edited by Nicos; 03-01-2022, 12:37 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A morning of domesticity here.... cleaning and such like boring jobs. I've also set some braising steak off in the slow cooker. The sun is shining but the wind is really cold.

I've just had a text from DHL saying that have received my parcel from Dunelm and will be delivering it on Wednesday! Being in "childish tantrum mode" I've obviously considered cancelling the order as Dunelm has breached their contract as they had said it would arrive by 31st December and it will, presuming it arrives, be 5 days late. It really would be cutting off my nose to spite my face though. I just hope that I like the bloody curtains when/if they arrive.

Rary I hope things start to improve for you and your family soon.

Off to clean the kitchen floor next..... the excitement. I really should be grateful that I can do it as there was a spell a few years ago when I couldn't and I was at the mercy of Mr GF's domestic and caring skills....he did do his best however......and I was not a patient patient.

Comment

• afternoon all,turned out to be a nice day,after the rain stopped,me on domestics to,am sure they will arrive GF,hope your family will be ok rary,happy birthday golden girl,and thanks for the ginger tea Nicos,also all the best with the loosing weight ladies,afraid i am not that disiplined,merely trying to cut down and be more sensible,as i still need a bit of comfort nibbles ,had a request from daughter in law,so have now sown 2 dog /animal cosies,never seen em before,but seeing as i did have the fabric they are done,its a big pillow case/duvet cover so they can go inside and chill,i warm fleecy fabric,have a good afternoon,of for domestics,i have visitors tomorrow
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All It's very cold but no frost! Snow is forecast here - hope not, it's a trip to the hairdresser after work. No visiting still at the hospital. I feel so sorry for the in patients. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Chilly feel here too. The temperatures are definitely dropping again. It was lovely though having a warm spell though was t it?

Not even thought about what I’ll be doing today, but I’ve loads to choose from

have a great day peeps - whatever you do
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X