Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all. As the day was bright and the sun came out we decided to spend some time outdoors.
    We drove to the Phoenix park and spent the afternoon rambling around it.
    It felt good to be out and about again after all the fuss coming up to Christmas.
    Looking for to om seed doing soon.
    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Snoop have you thought of sowing those peas to eat as shoots they handy in a salad or stir fry.

I've never done that. What's involved? I don't have a greenhouse or cold frame but I've got lots of modules if they'll sit outside. They could get extremely cold, but I know peas are relatively hardy.

Comment

• I've grown them on a windowsill indoors Snoop
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          I've grown them on a windowsill indoors Snoop
          That's were I grow mine during winter, poke the peas 2inch deep and about an inch apart into compost, they come through fairly quick. Once they're about 4 to 5 Inch tall cut them down they'll soon regrow.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all,sound like you all had a lovely christmas,as i did,was picked up and tacken to granddaughters to see GGboys undo family presies,before coming home and doing dinner,it was a lovely family all put to doing things as 1 unit,so nice,there was 4 of us for the mail meal,the the little family came and helped out eating stuff,my yorkeies and tiramisu were a big hit,yesterday we all met up again when grandson came over,then a family meal out for 10,it was lovely to be a part of life again,my home now looks and feels great,i feel i have moved on with my new life a lot now,looking forwards to the new year,i still have to get my mojo back on track,it is on elastic,comes and goes,any how have a lovely evening whats left of it
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• lottie, so glad to hear your home has come together and you had such a wonderful Christmas with your family…put a smile on my face! x
              Last edited by Jay22; 29-12-2021, 09:48 PM. Reason: Changing here to hear!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                Sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas. Being able to be with family is the best way to celebrate.

It's still dark here but the birds are singing like it's Spring already. Makes me want to start seed sowing, but I shall resist, and just whiffle through all the seed packets instead. Grory hop later then not much else on the cards. Right now I need a cuppa
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Sounds like peeps had a lovely Christmas, we had the family together (including some flying over from Ireland), so the avoiding people before Christmas seems to have paid off.

No plot sprouts this year, but parsnips, sprout tops, leeks, and potatoes all found their way ontp Christmas dinner.

Back home and plot-plotting.

Wishes for bealth, happiness and better-behaved cauliflowers to all

Comment

• Good morning all. I didn't sleep too badly last night. I awoke the first time too hot, took my arms and legs out of bed and awoke the next time too cold. However when it was time to get up the bed was "perfect". I could have dropped back off again. I think I'll set the breadmaker off shortly. It's 6°C and raining at the moment. In fact it looks really miserable outside.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another wet and windy night but it’s calmed down now. Supposed to be 15C this afternoon…bizzare!
                      Snoop - I noticed that southern France is supposed to hit 22C today…Is it going to be similar for you?
                      Thats BBQ weather!

More campervan fiddling today and a few Domestic Goddess chores then I actually fancy doing a bit of cutting back/ weeding later if the weather is ok. It’s times like this I really wish I had a greenhouse!

Did someone leave me a breakfast tray? - mmm….ta muchly!

Enjoy your day peeps - and lovely to catch up on everyone xx

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for the pea shoot advice, guys. But no window sills to speak of either. Houses here are built to withstand the sun, so next to no large windows. But I'll ponder the situation.

Yes, Nicos, warm weather expected here. 16 ºC in the shade as I write (11.30 am) and quite sunny. We've had butterflies on the cabbages the last couple of days and bumblebees out and about already. Hope they don't get caught out by a cold snap later in the year.

On the cards for today: fruit tree planning. We've got planting holes ready and waiting for 25 trees. Rather a lot... I might start a thread asking for ideas and info on care. And other than that, a bit of work. Mr Snoop off into town to get the duck and a couple of deliveries.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all. A very breezy morning and its 14 degs.
                          Hoping to work in the garden and greenhouse today.
                          plenty of preparation to be done for the upcoming growing season.
                          Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon raining and windy here.

Not doing much today sorted out the freezer and found some frozen veg that I turned into soup for lunch apart from that catching up on reading.

enjoy your day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all,it's more like a spring day,done some domestics,now that feels hard work,as i lost my way since i moved,with all the dust ext,nothing particular on the cards,either another film,or another look at seeds mmmm,as long as i chill,not seen snager about,hope he is ok,have a good afternoon all and stay safe
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a bit wild here today with heavy rain and some strong gusts of wind, out early this morning to do a shopping, and fortunately the 3 shops I visited were quite quiet once back home I made a pot of soup then made lunch, OH now starting to get mobile but still sore, after that some hoovering then a couple of loads of washing, before making the tea, I can feel OH looking at me when I put on my shirts, but as I have told her after half an hour wearing them they are fine, she just has to accept that for I definitely won't be ironing​​​​​​, now going to have a read if my book, so keep safe and keep smiling. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X