Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have now taken my brother in law home and seen him safely inside. He was a bit wobbly when I fetched him but rather more wobbly now, maybe due to the fact that I left the red wine bottle next to him and told him to help himself....... It has been a pleasant afternoon with no major kitchen catastrophes. No snow.....yet. latest forecast is 32% chance at 10PM, 96% at midnight and 99% at 3am.....

I am now going to have a well earned Christmas drink as I didn't earlier as I knew I was driving my brother in law home.

Comment

• Evening

We've just finished eating dinner wearing our newspaper hats still now snow though and like greenishfing I've got a glass of vine.

enjoy your evening.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening.
        Dinner is over and family just gone home.
        The rain is still pouring down and hasn't let up all day.
        Now sat down with a glass of Baileys.
        Hope all your day went well,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It’s started raining here too. Can’t see we’ll have snow- it’s far too warm at the moment.
          I’ve just had a granny nap…One large plate of food and half a glass of wine…. Lightweight or what!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just had a google message: Expect snow at 23.00. I've left the curtains half open.

Comment

• Met office gave us a ‘nearby snow’ warning, it’s across the moors do it won’t affect though.
              It would have been nice to see Christmas snow.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Wake up gf !!!!….go and check through your window!
                …has it?…hasn’t it?….

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Wake up gf !!!!….go and check through your window!
                  …has it?…hasn’t it?….
                  Not yet....

Comment

• Been lightly snowing here since about 11pm but it’s not lying, just making everything wet. I guess you could say we have had a white Christmas.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Dark and damp and fairly ‘warm’ here.
                      I’ve got the fire lit and the Crimble lights on the tree lit and it all feels lovely and festive.

Today always seems calmer doesn’t it?

Did anyone wake up to a covering of sner?

Kettle’s on…..

Comment

• Morning everyone.

Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday and another good one ahead of you today.

Jay22, you're quite right about buffets. Loads of different plates of food to prepare and a mass of washing-up afterwards is my view of buffets.

Weather here for today is supposedly bright this morning, cloudy this afternoon with a possibility of drizzle.

Not sure what the day will bring, activity-wise. Mr Snoop says he's on washing-up duty here... Very noble of him.

Have a great Boxing Day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all. Is the pot still warm? Another cuppa would be lovely, ta.
                          No snow here, wet and chilly. I've just finished the weekly vaccuuming, though everywhere only had a lick and a promise today, and I'm not dusting either.

It's usually a Saturday job but I wasn't getting the hoover out on Christmas Day! Mum was given a white, double hippeastrum, so I'll be planting that today, but not in the rubbishy peat it came with. I was gifted some sweet pea seeds, so I'll sow those in pots too, again not in the accompanying peat pots. The gift was lovely, but really, such a rip-off - big box, 30 seeds (5 varieties) and five 2" peat pots, couple of quids worth for goodness knows how much. Is that too Bah Humbug?
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Ner Sner Had a lovely time at my daughter's yesterday. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Well the weather forecast was completely and utterly wrong, surprise, surprise. Not a flake of the white stuff spotted. At the moment it is just pouring with rain.
                              Nothing planned for today. I think, other than going out for a newspaper for Mr GF. I think I'll snuggle down with my new book at some point. I've just watched Gino D'Acampo stoning cherries with a stick and a beer bottle on a beach and it appeared a lot less messy than my attempts which end up looking like a bloodbath. I might have to give it a go. I'll bet if I do it it's still looks as if there has been a murder though.

Comment

• Good morning all from a sunny Dublin.
                                What an improvement after yesterday's deluge.
                                It's our wedding anniversary today (57 years) so we are having a champagne brunch.
                                We have been invited to my ughtf for dinner so we might take her up on her offer.
                                Glad to hear everybody had n enjoyable day.l

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...