Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3°C here, but we are supposed to get a glimpse of the sun later today. Got to go and have blood tests this morning and I am such a wimp. I got the grory hop done yesterday but I still haven't wrapped any presents, other jobs keep getting in the way. I actually like wrapping presents ..... maybe today. Everybody seemed happy and smiley yesterday. It actually felt a bit Christmassy. I even bought some new decorations and have put them out and posted a couple of cards that I'd forgotten. I've arranged to deliver presents and meet one of my sisters on Christmas Eve.

Comment

• Morning and thanks for the link Mothhawk I'll have a look tomorrow not watched one for a while.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. It's the dullest morning with all the lights on.
        Winter solstice here at Newgrange but will be a disappointment with no sun,
        Must go into town to chase up a book that's proving to be elusive.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

You're ahead of the game, Jay22! Hope you had a good time. Sounds like you deserve a lie-in.

All good here, but perishing cold. No fog at the moment, but thick cloud. The fog will be back tomorrow, apparently...

Mr Snoop has taken Frankie off today to be snipped this morning. I'd thought we'd have to wait till well into January (after Epiphany), but no. Only his second trip in a cat box (the first one was to come here), so he was surprisingly easy to get in it. Don't think it will be so easy next time. Anyway, fingers crossed it has the desired effect.

I've got work on the go today, but am thinking of telling one client that that's it from tomorrow till the new year. I had a bit of a reaction to the Astra Zeneca jabs - arthritis flare-up - but the Pfizer booster shot has set my joints aching something rotten.

Right, time to get the kettle on the go. Anyone for a brew?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Back from the doctor's surgery. Why I am such a wimp I just don't know. I never felt a thing. I'm actually fine if I don't see the syringe. If I do I just start to panic.
            Right best foot forward, present wrapping next. I got more chocolates in the post today, but I've stopped Mr GF from opening them.....so far.

Comment

• It really is starting to feel a lot like Christmas. I've wrapped all my presents now and enjoyed doing it. I was sitting on the lounge floor wrapping when there was a knock at the door. By the time I had got to my feet and got to the door (it took a while, I must be getting old) there was a big box on the doorstep and a van driving away. Inside the box a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It is just a great shame that I am not more talented in flower arranging.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20211221_145534.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	846.4 KB
ID:	2538582

Comment

• Afternoon, our daughters just left after doing the prezzie swap only one gift to deliver then we're sorted.
                Hope you soon feel better Snoop xx it's odd how people have different reactions to jabs.
                ​​​​​​Poor Frankie I hope he does sulk after being snipped.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, have been busy the past two days, with dogs to walk, medicines to collect, and shopping to do, our granddaughter has covid so that's the full family isolating, OH still in severe pain and wasn't to happy when I said doing a bit of hoovering might help her now ensuring that I stay out the way of the walking stick she is using​​​​​​, and just to add, it looks like I have a puncture in one of my tyres will need to check it out tomorrow fortunately I do have a spare wheel in the boot, the new mattress gets delivered tomorrow OH still doesn't know about it, but if I told her it would just give her an extra day to get on to me for bu​​​​​ying it​​​​​​. Keep safe, protect yourself and others​​​​​​. Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, I'm not sure if you are a hero or not...... Definitely a hero for the mattress but as a past sufferer of severe back pain the thought of using a vacuum cleaner would have made me want to put the end of the solid vacuum hose in a very inappropriate place in somebody's body!!

Be very careful!!

Nobody, including my doctor, realised that I was in as much pain as I was until he got the results of an x-ray that, as he said, he didn't expect.
                    I'm sure I don't have to tell you......just be sympathetic........or suffer the consequences.

Comment

• Morning all.
                      Teapot's still half full if anyone fancies a cuppa.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Morning all.
                        Teapot's still half full if anyone fancies a cuppa.
                        thanks for the offer MH ... I've just got a coffee. about to go and face the mongol hoards and do the shopping for Chrimbo ... I could be some time
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

• Well I've been up for a while but I think I am going to sneak back to bed for another hour until the central heating works it's magic.....see you all later.....

Comment

• Solstice sunrise has begun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd2GHhnI4Ys
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning, doesn't feel quite so cold as previous mornings recently, had a look at my car tyres all look OK but will check them out in the daylight, too easy to lose a cap if you drop it when it's dark, think I will get out to the garden after as I need to move aster plants and plant some daffodil bulbs also waiting on a delivery of two doz. phlox plants, so that will keep me busy for an hour or two, well enjoy the day keep safe and keep smiling
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ta muchly for the warming tea MH….very much appreciated. By ‘eck lass, you make a decent cuppa

Looks like we have your chill this morning Rary- -3C at the moment and a really heavy frost
                                I’ve just been watching a bluetit drinking melted ice off the window frame. Poor things.
                                Even the bowl of chook water had 1” ice on the top, so there’s now a bowl of warm water outside for the wild birds and fresh water for the chooks.

Off out in a sec for a Drs appt then on for the final grory hop of the year. I got most things yesterday so this is to another shop for a quick trolly dash of about 6 things, so it won’t take long.

Keep warm and safe peeps…nearly there!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X