Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I once made some Damson jam that I had to dig out of the jar, it was tasty so well worth the effort it took.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
      Bren, I have some damson jam like that most years. I find it very hard to get damson right, even carefully following a recipe.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Well- I’m feeling rather chuffed with myself this morning…I’ve lost 3 1/2lbs this week on my pre Xmas diet!
        I’ll continue for 3 more days then let my festive hair down

Domestics for me today then settle down to writing emails to friends( in lieu of Xmas cards) in front of the wood stove.

OH has decided to smoke some salmon so we need to remember to defrost that this morning.

Quick grory hops are planned for Wednesday and a quick visit to market on Thursday…

Kettles on folks - help yourselves.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Perishing cold out there. And it's still foggy. Starting to get a bit fed up with it now. The weather forecasts say it should be bright today. Pah.

On the cards today, lots of work. So exciting.

Thanks for the smile, Rary. I'm rather missing having them around now they're at the Gardeners Rest. Must say, they seem to be keeping their heads down there. They were forever up to some mischief here. Which reminds me, must phone the vet today. Their playmate-in-chief, Frankie, needs to be snipped... He's the right age for it now and has become even more violent in the last couple of weeks. Mr Snoop says he's maladjusted. I don't know if you can use that term for a cat, but I hope being snipped curbs some of his aggression. Mr Snoop has never been in favour of having our toms done, but in Frankie's case he's all for it.

Have a great day, everyone.

PS: congrats on the diet result, Nicos.

PPS: Anyone seen Snadger about recently? I've been thinking about him these past few days and haven't spotted his posts.

Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-12-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4C8871E8-A8BF-4DCF-902E-D49DF351315E.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	2538520 Here is some snoggy stuff from my cycle ride yesterday...

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              Morning all.
              Bren, I have some damson jam like that most years. I find it very hard to get damson right, even carefully following a recipe.
              I renamed it Damson cheese after reading its something you slice and eat it on things like crackers.

Comment

• Morning and Congrats on your weight loss Nicos and I have to say that's a spooky looking photo.

Comment

• Morning everybody. Grey and drizzly here. I always have a problem getting the right consistency with damson and plum jam too. I once burned some on to the bottom of the jam pan which made it taste awful. I always thought the problem was the skins but not sure why. I use a jam thermometer as an aid when checking for a set and it doesn't seem to work well with damson, plum or my worst ever failure, grape jelly.

Congrats on losing the pounds Nicos.

I was going to wrap presents yesterday but kept getting waylaid by other jobs. I really ought to do it today. Also may do a grory hop today or tomorrow when it hopefully won't be too busy.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                    A quick dash into town this morning for some last minute bitsxI overlooked.
                    Hope to get all the wrapping done this afternoon.

I have made plum jam over the years and dont seem to have any problems with it.
                    Maybe I was just lucky.

Have a good day whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Frosty start to the day.
                      I need to collect our ‘conversion plaque’ today for the camper van….yippee! It will need screwing or welding to the body. All part of the final stages of conversion.
                      We have a date for final inspection given over the phone but no official letter and appointment time so we’re having to chase that up

Its in the foyer of a hypermarket so I might as well do a quick trolly dash if it’s quiet.

More sewing today but I’m stopping ( along with the diet) tomorrow evening .

Anyway…..brrrrr……Time for a warming cuppa eh?
                      Kettle’s on!

Comment

• Morning all.
                        Thanks for the tea, Nicos, very welcome. I've got a grory hop this morning, then nothing much to do before the big day. I am so organised this year! (A first for me )
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• I’ve just realised….the moment we’ve all been waiting for!

Its Mid Winter’s Day!….after tonight the days will start getting longer

Comment

• Oops- sorry MH , I didn’t notice you there
                            Well done on getting so organised - you can sit back and enjoy yourself now.
                            Remember to accidentally treat yourself to something extra
                            Last edited by Nicos; 21-12-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Winter solstice at last! Thanks for the reminder, Nicos. English Heritage will be streaming tomorrow's sunrise at Stonehenge live here. If stone-age people felt half the joy in reaching this point in the year as I do, the celebrations back then must have been the event of the year.

Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, well Moth, you might think you are organised but I can go one better…we’ve already had Christmas Day here!! Family we’re all up from England so we had Fakemas on Sunday. We opened gifts and had Christmas dinner. Only problem is I keep forgetting Christmas Day hasn’t actually arrived as yet. We only have our son here now as daughter and family went home yesterday after being here for a week so on the Big Day, my MiL, BiL and SiL will be back for a buffet!
                                Anyhoo today it feels very cold and I’m not even out of bed, I’ve decided to have a long lie…well after a week with a baby in the house you understand why, loved every minute if it though!
                                Enjoy your day everyone, hope the weather is kind to you. Catch you all later. x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X