Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning another foggy day here looks like its hare for the day.

Lucky you to have mistletoe Nicos I've not seen any local to us for years not much in the florists either. All we have on our Silver birch Tree is a witches broom in the summer when birds perch on it it looks like a huge nest. especially when the pigeons fight for the best spot.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. A first for us today, a Sunday post delivery. It just confused my brain for a few minutes as I was pretty sure it was Sunday.
      Another night of struggling to get to sleep and then waking up at 6.30am.
      I think today will be my present wrapping day indoors as it is very cold and murky outside. I have no doubt the roads will be busy.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Foggy here too and only 2C outside. I've made a couple of jars of blackberry jam for gifts this morning, with blackberry purée from the freezer. I'm afraid it's set rather solid. Oh well, it can always be sliced and eaten with cheese and crackers. Maybe I'll tie that little serving suggestion to the jar on a pretty label

Nicos, growing your own mistletoe! You get top marks in the GYO school class!

Have a good Sunday all.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I didn't know mistletoe killed trees. Not something I ever came across growing wild in the UK. Thanks for the info, Nicos. We have a greenway nearby and a fair few of the trees along the route are covered with it, but it's protected so no-one collects it. I've not seen it anywhere else here.

The weather forecasts have changed. Fog still to carry on for today and tomorrow and then it's rain till the new year by the look of it. My mum thinks the weather in Spain is always lovely. Every day it's a surprise to her when I tell her what the weather's actually like.

Not much other news. A bit of baking and a bit of work. The main priority is keeping the fire going!

Hope you all have a lovely rest of the day.

Comment

• I've got the Christmas CDs on now. I'm shamelessly listening to Cliff at Christmas, then next up will be Aled Jones One Voice at Christmas, then Best Christmas Songs Ever
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good day all.
              dull and grey but 7 degs.
              Lots of jobs to be getting on with, the time is flying by.
              We have Holly but no mistletoe.
              My jam making will have to wait until Christmas is over.
              Grandson is coming for lunch so looking forward to that
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Snoop - mistletoe doesn’t actually kill most trees but weakens then, so if they are dying anyway then it speeds it up.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

Nicos, growing your own mistletoe! You get top marks in the GYO school class!
                  Why thank you

You’re going to want to see photos now aren’t you!

I’ll take one when it’s not so dull….

Comment

• Mothawk maybe another suggestion would be to warm it up and serve as a sauce with ice cream.

Mr GF is on great form this morning. He was watching some TV chef or other making Christmas puddings and yet again opened his mouth without engaging his brain......."Why don't you make your own Christmas pudding?"

Considering the fact that my kitchen has turned into a steam room twice this week steaming the buggers and there are still five of them still stacked on the worktop that comment is one he will not live down in a hurry. I think he just wanted something to moan about.... Heaven help me...... he is now reading a recipe supplement in the Sunday newspaper. I must say whenever he gets in moan mood with any of his relatives, or mine, about food he tends to get shot down in flames.

Comment

• ^^^^ * splutters out tea….that really made me laugh gf….thanks for sharing x

Comment

• I've just been over at the Gardeners Rest so forgive me for the madness of this suggestion: if I had some blackberry purée as well set as that, I'd put dollops of it in crumble or apple pies. Sounds fantastic. Not the kind of thing you can put on a gift label, I guess... Your suggestion of eating it with cheese or even with cold cuts sounds fantastic, mothhawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                          Mothawk maybe another suggestion would be to warm it up and serve as a sauce with ice cream.
                          Mr GF is on great form this morning. He was watching some TV chef or other making Christmas puddings and yet again opened his mouth without engaging his brain......."Why don't you make your own Christmas pudding?"

Considering the fact that my kitchen has turned into a steam room twice this week steaming the buggers .
                          I think you missed out an R there GF but don't understand why you used steam when making burgers​​​​​​
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!

Burgers. How do they even equate to food?

Comment

• Good evening folks, OH still very sore so she wasn't at church this morning, myself once home from church I made lunch then went outside intending to do some gardening, but first checked my tyre pressures, big mistake, just chilled my hands then had to sort out a bird feeding station which is basicly a stainless steel pole with a cross piece for holding the feeders, handling cold metal just helped get my hands even colder, fortunately our son and his family came in so the stopped any outside work, now going to read a book as can't be bothered with watching TV, so take care and hope you have a safe day tomorrow, sending smiles to each of you wishing you all well. Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• MH….bread and butter pudding with chunks of your thick jam too !…mmmm

I still have a couple of jars of ‘Black cherry and chocolate gloop’ from a few years back - I have to cut out chunks with a knife!

Like the idea though of having it with cheese- good call

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X