Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, again unable to sleep through, I’ve even been going for long walks and still can’t sleep. Maybe this is actually all the sleep I need, never thought about that!
    Anyhoo have a great day everyone. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Back to a frosty start this morning. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Another brrr start to the day but no frost here.

Interesting info about sugars, wow, the things you learn on here!
        …talking of sugar, apart from baking I hardly ever use it. I like to put my daughter’s honey on my porridge instead.
        However, one sugar I do buy is rapadura. It’s not cheap but has a very nuttty/ caramel flavour and is unrefined cane sugar. I’d never heard of it before a trip to a local organic shop. If you’ve never tried it, give it a go.

Looks likeHibou has had a bit of a lie in but has now just presented me with a piece of cauli leaf…looks like she wants to go out!….. I’ll get that kettle on at the same time……
        Last edited by Nicos; 17-12-2021, 09:09 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Looks likeHibou has had a bit of a lie in but has now just presented me with a lice of cauli leaf…looks like she wants to go out!…..
          A large caterpillar?

I was about to say I'd never heard of rapadura, but here it's called panela, and that's what I usually buy. I use it for a lot of baking too. Lovely flavour. For pale sponge type cakes, I do buy white sugar too though.

So, feeling very rough today. Not sure if it's the booster jab, a cold or perhaps the antibiotics even. I could really do with going back to bed but lots of work to get through, so will have a zillion cups of chamomile and linden tea and see if that improves matters. Oh, it occurs to me maybe it's caffeine withdrawal, as I'm not drinking coffee or tea because I can't have milk at the moment. Might just have to make a coffee cake of some variety or other this weekend. Bound to effect an instant recovery one way or another.

No change in the weather: still very foggy and cold. Another few days of this ahead of us.

Better get on with the show. Have a great day everyone. Smiles at the Gardeners Rest, don't forget. Though they're starting to find the action a bit unnerving, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I was so shocked by that I had to look it up. Looks like it's true of the States but not the UK or (I think) the EU. Icing sugar isn't vegan, though, as it contains egg whites. The things you learn... Thanks, mothhawk. Here's an article that features sugar partway down:
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...3-48f7a0568c0b
            That's good to know,snoop. it's been a while since I checked on T&L manufacture. Glad they've stopped using it here in the UK. Still wish more stores sold British Sugar though.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning it frosty and foggy here so not a nice day at all.

Nicos, Hibou is just trying to earn his keep by giving you those lovely gifts

Jay have you tried a glass at warm milk at bedtime? i know its an old remedy but you never know.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everybody. It's supposed to be foggy here. It's not. The sun is shining and all the roofs and cars are frozen. It looks pretty....and cold.
                Despite the fact my sleep patterns can be very hit and miss I slept like a log last night. I hope you're not too tired this morning Jay. Spending the night tossing and turning is miserable.
                My niece texted yesterday to see if I wanted to meet up with her, the baby and her new puppy before Christmas but at the moment that would make me so uncomfortable. I think I'll wait until things hopefully settle down again.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Its dull and grey here but its dry.

Jay, a drop of lavender oil on, or near your pillow is guaranteed to relax you.
                  It incredibly soothing, give it a try,
                  Drinking chocolate or warm milk also keeps.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a busy day today for me, first off a phone call from our daughter to let us know that granddaughter has tested positive with a Lateral flow test, so tested our selves even though we haven't had contact with her, so both tests negative, but I decided to get a shopping in just as an insurance, OH really struggled to get out of bed, so she phoned the doctor again and he provided another prescription, which now she is using it is making her very sleepy, though she says she didn't get a good sleep last night due to someone snoring, I didn't hear it but we did have one of the dogs overnight, so quite possibly her I also had to get some messages for daughter as they need to isolate, though if she tests clear over the next three days she can return to work, SiL and oldest grandson not to happy about that as they have to isolate for ten days but daughter is a key worker, also ordered a new mattress for our bed to see if that helps OH, haven't told her yet, as she would have said no to that it's to expensive, but I don't see the sense of not doing it, as money is no good to you if you can't do anything, so if I am not on for several days after Wednesday you will know I have to wait till the swelling around my eyes goes down​​​​​​. Well keep safe and enjoy your weekend and remember it's easier to smile than frown. Goodnight
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hello…can’t sleep again. Bramble I’m going to try to get a hold of some lavender oil ASAP, thanks for the tip!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning Jay! Stupido’clock.fr/uk again eh?

Lookslike we have a full moon again *sigh.

Actually, I have clear skies and it’s amazing seeing all the shadows and the silver glow of the garden and fields.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos, wonder if that’s why I can’t sleep…the full moon?!
                          sigpic

Comment

• For some reason I was the same last night. I went to bed at 11.30. At 1.45 I was still wide awake and having a peek in the Gardenners Rest. I've never wondered if the phases of the moon affect my sleep. I know a friend who worked in a psychiatric ward years ago said the full moon affected some of her patients.
                            Murky and cold here. I'm not going too far today. I imagine it will be very busy.

Comment

• Morning all.

Had a coffee today with oat milk. Not bad at all. Nowhere near as sweet as soya milk, which I hate. So that's good news for me to start the day with.

Sorry to hear about your wife, Rary. Hope the new bed helps.

Commiserations to the insomniacs. It's not something that often afflicts me, but Mr Snoop struggles with it.

Foggy yet again today. But with any luck it'll only be cloudy tomorrow. Everywhere is damp.

Not much other news. Work on the cards, as I spent all day yesterday sorting out the letter from the tax man. Still more sorting out to do, but no inadvertent wrongdoing on my part, so that's a relief. Phew.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

I dull drab day here with a bit of mist hanging around.

​​​​​ I'm not a fan of soya milk either Snoop one time a bought soya yoghurt by mistake never again. Not tried oat milk I've read you can make your own so I might look into that.
                                ​​​​​​
                                ​​​​​
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X