Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, good to see you lottie, hope you are doing ok!
    Mild here too this morning but looks as though it’s to get colder next week.
    Three nights in a row I’ve hardly slept, no idea why but hey ho, it is what it is.
    Have a good day, will pop by later for a catch up.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Nippy start to the day here.
      No one has mentioned a brew…best get that kettle on then.

I think it’s going to be a porridge sort of morning- anyone fancy joining me with a bowl?

Quick grory hop for me today as I need to go out to the pharmacy anyway - hopefully after that it’ll just be one more shop beforeXmas.

Keep safe peeps …see ya later.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• 7°C and murky here. I've just turned the thermostat up. Maybe I'll wrap some presents later today.
        Mr GF had just brought me a coffee.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 16-12-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Good to see you posting Lottie xx

Grory hop first then a calling at the opticians, after that not to sure yet i've been putting of a few things so there's plenty to chose from.

Nicos I had roasted rhubarb and orange on my pinhead along with a dollop of yoghurt.

enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All,

started to ice the Christmas cake last night.

now on the rundown for the Christmas break for me so getting quite excited now!
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all.

Nice to see you here and at the GR, Lottie. So much upheaval and change you've been through. Not an easy time of year. Big hug from me. You still doing Christmas dinner at your place for your family?

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery, Rary.

The fog is even worse today and we've got to go off for our boosters in an hour or so. Not looking forward to the drive there. I stood outdoors for a bit yesterday and all the water from the fog dripping off the trees sounded like it was raining.

After the jabs, we'll maybe do a bit of shopping and then it's back home to work.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning all,lA dull and misty morning but its dry.
                Must slip into town this morning for two items I overlooked.

Lottie, its lovely to hear from you, take it step by step, it's still early days.

Rary, sympathy to your wife, I am having the same problem.
                Doctor gave me pain killers and anti inflammatory medicine which worked a treat.
                Sh just gave me 2 weeks supply and the pain came back when they ran out.
                I have been to the physio which helped a little but the pain is still there.
                Hope she has better luck.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Speedy recovery for you too bramble x
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Had a day of interruptions so far, but they were pleasant ones. I picked some rocket (amazingly still growing), beetroot and Bay leaves while I was picking up onions and potatoes at the allotment.
                    I've just mixed another Kenwood bowlful of Christmas pudding mix because I've already given one of the last batch to one of this mornings pleasant interruptions and I've promised my sister two. I'll steam them tonight when I can shut the kitchen door and open the windows.

Comment

• Afternoon home again and I'm eating my first mince pie of the season, shop bought though but still tasty.
                      ​​​
                      A speedy recovery to Mrs Rary and Bramble. xxx

​​

​​​​​​
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,been a busy day,but worth it,hope MRS Rary and Bramble feel some relief sooner rather than later,
                        Snoop, YES all being well,but i will not be doing it on my own,son and i are having a last push tomorrow to get the inside of my nest sorted by end of day,new bathroom will be next year,for now it has had a paint makeover,also he wants to get the conservatory sorted out ready for the big day,not sure how many will come,but at 4 of us,a granddaughter not yet decided wether they will come or not,it all depends on circumstances that i do understand and agree with bless them,i have the longe curtains to doctor tomoz,they are fairly new from other place,and to long,so am shortening them from the top,chop them of,and put gathering tape on,he going to make sure the place is cleaned through,as dust has formed over time from the work,then i have a bit of present sewing to do,slap marzipan and icing on cake,and mince pies ext,ext,plus shopping,so next week will be very different for me,like it used to be,maybe even open a few more boxes,mainly kitchen and special bits,by for now
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all.
                          I did a grory hop this morning, and I've been biscuit making this afternoon. I must make some mince pies soon, or the season will be past! I do love an occasional surprise mince pie in the middle of summer as well though, so the mincemeat is never wasted.
                          I've recently discovered you can get golden icing sugar, made with unrefined sugar cane. It's delicious, giving icing a mild toffee/caramel flavour, though of course, it's pale brown, not snowy white.

I tried it because I've taken umbrage at the fact that most of the major supermarkets no longer sell British grown sugar made from beet. White cane sugar is often refined using ground bones, beet sugar does not need the same process, plus, in these post- Brexit and difficult times I feel stores should be supporting as much home-produced food as possible. So if I have to have cane sugar, I'll have it unrefined and flavoursome. (and not from Mr T & Mr L)
                          Last edited by mothhawk; 16-12-2021, 08:55 PM.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening, OH still no improvement, actually seems to be worse think she will need to phone the doctor tomorrow and ask for painkillers plus she needs to get off the soft chairs and sit on a dining room chair, however we will see what she gets tomorrow haven't done much garden wise today as I have been busy doing some shopping, making lunch, doing some housework and a washing, alsogot a tens machine to see if that will work, sofar no change, though I did manage to cut back some roses before making the tea, now sitting here about sleeping, with a bit of luck OH will think it's because I have been doing so much and nothing to do with the fact I was sitting reading till 2 this morning ​​​​​​. Take care and keep safe tomorrow and remember it won't be long till the new growing​​​​ season keep that in mind and it will keep you smiling. Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              I tried it because I've taken umbrage at the fact that most of the major supermarkets no longer sell British grown sugar made from beet. White cane sugar is often refined using ground bones
                              I was so shocked by that I had to look it up. Looks like it's true of the States but not the UK or (I think) the EU. Icing sugar isn't vegan, though, as it contains egg whites. The things you learn... Thanks, mothhawk. Here's an article that features sugar partway down:
                              https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...3-48f7a0568c0b

Comment

• Busy evening looking after my grandson..
                                Such a delight to be seeing Christmas through the eyes of a three year oldl
                                We sang Christmas songs, did Santa sticker books and made a Christmas jigsaw.
                                All the figures in the crib were taken out and rearranged.
                                All back to normal,as he is long gone to bed.
                                Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...