Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Two big machines insitu, one dryer and one fan. Glad you enjoyed your bike ride Nicos and good luck with the diet Snoop. Back to early mornings for a few days. Balmy 9 degrees here already. Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.
      Good news about the dryer, Flo. Hopefully you'll soon be dry again. Just the noise of both machines to put up with for a while.
      It's still pitch dark outside, but as soon as our street lights come on at 5.30am, the little birds wake up and start to tootle. I can't call it singing, 'cos it's just little snatches, start and stop, as if they are trying out a new piece. I can hear robin, dunnock, and blackbird. The LED street lights are surprisingly bright after the midnight black, no wonder they think the sun is coming up.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Back to pitch dark nights here MH. It seemed strange having no street lights again but I definitely prefer it! The starry skies are absolutely amazing.

Work on the camper today - lots of fiddly things to do and a few things to order online.

How long do they reckon you’ll have those machines going for Flo?….is it realistic to hope the kitchen will be in use in some form by Xmas?

Time for a brew and open my advent calendar. Yup it has chocolate in it…but OH generously offered to share it with me to halve the calories

Porridge later for breakfast - it’s all set up in the kitchen - help yourselves! ( I bet it would be nice with a spoonful of mincemeat stirred in it ) It’s no wonder I need to diet from time to time is it?

See ya later peeps….
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

I'd send you a cauliflower for your diet, Nicos, but the postage would cost an arm and a leg. I weighed one yesterday. Not by any means the biggest but the closest one to get at. Minus leaves, it came in at 5.7 kg. There are two more like it, possibly three (they're so big I can't get along the paths without breaking the leaves) and two that have gone over that I should use to make soup for the freezer. I've also got four romanesco that need eating too. I've never grown such big caulis. There are some things that no dig really hasn't suited, but the brassicas this year have been amazing. I won't grow as many next year...

So, more work on the cards today. Foggy out again, so not gardening weather.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Wow snoop!….those caulies sound amazing! Well done!
            I’ve never been successful with caulies - the best I grew was about the size of a grapefruit, but mostly tennis ball sized or blown before the head even developed. Needless to say I gave up on them.

I’m on cauli again for the 3rd night and already getting fed up with them… I need to try out some of those recipes I pulled up!

Comment

• Morning

Thats a good sized cauli mine don't seem to produce heads not sure where I go wrong, so like Nicos i also gave up.

Decorating the mantlepiece and writing cards amongst other things today.

Fingers crossed you soon get dried out Flo xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I actually got round to making a batch of Christmas puddings yesterday afternoon. I steamed them last night. I think I 'll make another batch later today. They are mostly for giving away. I think maybe a trip to the garden centre later for a present I'd forgotten about.
                The weather here looks great today; a blue cloudless sky and sunshine, 9°C at the moment and forecast to climb to 11°C later. I'm really glad we're nearly at the shortest day. I must think about pruning the grapevines and I've got some garlic to plant.

Comment

• Good morning all, from a beautiful sunny Dublin.
                  Must take a trip to the garden centre and the florist today.
                  A bouquet for a birthday gift and flower containers for to taketo the cemetary.
                  Lots of small jobs which should keep me busy for the day.

Snoop, theyre super sized coulis, several meals from each one.

Flo, things are moving forward for you, hopefully some semblance of normality by Christmas..
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning All,

Hoping to take my christmas ham out of the cure tonight and get it hanging for the next week before cooking!

Happy Wednesday All!
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good morning, hope you get over all the trials and tribulations Soon FF, not good at any time of year but being winter makes it feel worse, thinking of you.
                      OH has what appears to be seatica and can hardly move finally got her to phone the doctor, who prescribed nerve suppressing tablets, so started yesterday and taking them she left off any pain killers, which seemed to make things, worse, hopefully things will get better today, not sure whither she is not a good patient or I am not a good nurse, though I am inclined to think its the former after all men are, so much more understanding of these things​​​​​​, right need to go and prepare lunch, catch you later, so keep safe and consider others
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Not good news Rary…..hope she improve quickly xx

Comment

• Morning all,not looked back yet,i would like to wish you all { Happy Seasons Greetings},i am still in no man's land,one minuit am fine,the next lost,and want to shut away,am fine in health,and my new nest is coming on,the lounge area has just been done,so am hoping i can settle down a bit more,as it is over 12 months now since i started to prepare for the move,and have been living in a bit and bob world,still yet got things to unpack,and find a home for,am hoping to sort my emotions,when i CAN say,i have arrived,greiving is only a part of things,still no regrets about the move,am just hoping i can feel like gardening again as i did,that side of things cannot be thought about until new year,i keep saying am not finding NEMO,am finding @@@@@@@ ME
                          i want to say

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL ,for the support and kindness shown,to not only me,but others xx
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lovely to see you lottie!

You'll find you soon enough ( look behind you! as they would say in the Gardeners Rest).... it'll finally creep up on you a little at a time xx

Many thanks for the festive greetings, and the same to you....which reminds me - it's probably a good time to open a designated thread! Thanks for the heads up x

Comment

• Lovely to hear from you Lottie. I hope next year is better for you.

Oh Rary, I know exactly how good some men, and mine in particular, are at nursing and caring for their spouses😥😟😭. I must admit I am not a good patient though.🤒 Sciatica is awful, I hope she recovers soon.

I called at the local garden centre this afternoon and got the present that I wanted but also got two packs of Lark sweetcorn for next year. I had such a problem getting Lark this year. It is one of the few varieties of seed I am fussy about and won't moan too much about paying full price for.

Comment

• Good Morning All Nice to see you Lottie Bit warmer again today. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X