Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Evening All Rained most of the day and very gloomy. Manic day of work today. The latest developments are not preventing people from coming to Outpatients. Have a lovely evening
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening, it was actually quite mild today, so have now got my fence for separating the flower and veg bed completed, but before working on that I had to go up to our daughters to blow up her car tyres, I have told her as often to buy an air pump, possibly a Christmas plesent, naw I would still get asked to check them then spent a bit of time phoning to let people know that I was cancelling the garden club meeting tomorrow, thought it better to be safe than sorry, I am now going to prepair a presentation about gardening without peat, so any tips and information would be gratefully received, must admit a lot of it will be from going down memory lane, remembering a time before the ready availability of bags of compost, when about the only choice were bags of John Innes compost numbers 1, 2 and 3, which were available but seldom bought. Well take care, keep safe, and remember no matter how dull it seems a smile will make things brighter
      Last edited by rary; 13-12-2021, 08:23 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Bit of tidying up indoors today then I need to try and find my sewing machine. It got moved with all the work in the lounge a couple of years ago and not been needed since. My guess is that it’s now in the spare bedroom amongst the piled up contents of the bedroom we’re now working on.
        Yikes, I hope it’s handy

Day 1 of my preXmas diet went very well. I have another friend who wants to be my diet buddy and she is more exercise driven. One buddy watching what we eat and the other watching how much exercise we do. Maybe between them I can kick start the next big weight drop?
        Snadge- how is your diet going? Are you maintaining it?
        Not the best time of year to be thinking of dieting eh?

Rary - why not start a thread for your peat free compost suggestions?
        Flo…is it today your drier is coming or have they decided the walls are ok now?

Keep safe everyone.
        Time for a brew methinks. Mince pies are hidden from me but if you look behind the basket on the shelf you’ll find them there…do please help yourselves but please munch them quietly
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning. Tired. Didn’t sleep well. Enough said. Enjoy your day
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Really sorry to hear your news, Flo. Not as if you don't have enough on your plate already. Hang on in there.

I'm about to embark on a strange diet. A course of antibiotics that excludes calcium-rich foods. So no butter on toast, no cheese on cauliflower (or toast for that matter), no yogurt and no milk in coffee. Only a week thank goodness. I can survive without butter and cheese (just about), but I love yogurt and milky coffees.

Going to be a long week. Especially over the next few days, because fog has landed. Perishing cold out there and can't see a thing. No going anywhere, but booster vaccines on Thursday so hope it's lifted by then. Sounds a bit daft to say that, I know, but one year we had weeks of fog day and night. Still anything that confines us all to our homes is probably not a bad idea at the moment. Spain was doing really well, Covid-wise, but the numbers have started to go up again.

Not much other news. No doing anything outside today, so might as well try and plough through some work. Much rather be watching some light entertainment, though. We've just finished "The Great". Bonkers but we now say 'huzzah' at the slightest victory or amusing incident. With any luck, we'll grow out of that soon.

Have a great day everyone. The smiles are at the Gardeners Rest still. Just as well, if they were here they wouldn't be going anywhere today.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop we've not had bad fog here for years the sort that you can't see more than a couple of feet in front of you I hate driving in fog so I hope yours soon clears. Its going to be a odd week for you with that diet.

Usually its after Christmas diets so all the best with your Nicos.

Flo we had the same gloomy weather yesterday its looking better today though.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just done our lateral flow tests so that we can have a care home visit. Negative results thank goodness. It will be after lunch when we get back from there so what we do then will be weather dependant.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  A bright and sunny morning and its 6 degs.

Snoop, I never heard of an antibiotic that didnt allow butter and cheese.
                  At least it's only for one week.

Nicos, now that you mention it, I havnt seen my sewing machine around lately.
                  I had actually forgotten about it.

Good luck with the diets, I find it easier in the summer when salads are on the menu.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Give the man a gold star!
                    OH has emerged from beneath a pile of stacked furniture, sewing machine in hand!

Comment

• Congratulations, that man.

Bramble, I actually find dieting easier in winter. Odd, I know, but I just want to pile dressing on salads and that's lethal.

Comment

• Oh dear….I’ve just agreed to go out on a cycle ride.
                        Its the last thing I feel like doing but I need to clock up some proper exercise….

Somehow the wood stove and fruit bush varieties to ponder through feels much more inviting. Still, needs must. That’ll teach me to tuck into chocolate hobnobs and Eccles cakes last week!

Comment

• ..and I’m back!
                          Darn that was hard work! But lovely….

Comment

• We did the care home visit earlier but it wasn't very successful as our relative just wanted to go to sleep and didn't want to talk to us. She had no recollection of two lots of her friends visiting last week, even though I could see open boxes of chocolates and goodies that they had taken for her. It is sad. She's probably forgotten now that we have been.
                            The sun was out this morning but it is grey and drizzly now. Think I'll go and make some soup.

Comment

• Afternoon back home from a walk collected some Holly on the way to decorate the mantlepiece, thought it was time I got around to it.

Nicos just think of those calories you've burnt up
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all..
                                Sitting here looking out at red sky as the sun is setting with the moon high in the sky.

Its weirdly still as if waiting for something to happen.
                                Not even a gentle breeze.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...