Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all. it's like spring outside, the temperature is 13C in the shade and the sun is shining away. My kitchen faces south, so it's almost summer hot in there. I was going to make Christmas cookies but I was just too hot after doing the ironing. Hot in December! Got to be a first for me! Hung the Christmas wreath on the front door today, using one of those command hook thingys. I had a rubber suction cup last year but it kept coming unstuck.

Hope your thumb is not too painful Petey, and GF, mint and orange? Yuck!

Have a lovely Sunday all.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• i absolutely abhor using dull knives, so much so that i sharpen them each time i use them. well i think this time it was my undoing! i was cutting up some garlic and must have slipped. it didn't even meet any resistance and the top just sort of plopped off...

i nearly fainted twice and it just wouldn't stop bleeding so i had to opt for a trip to A&E - not too bad considering!
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Warm here too MH .

Most of our decorations are up but we’ve run out of blutack. French stuff seems rubbish in comparison

Will have to see if I can get some online…We could have brought some back last week…. how frustrating is that

Just about to open a bottle of fizz to welcome Xmas to our home …. You are welcome to join us, but forgive us for not having made the wreaths yet for the doors.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I’ve moved onto serrated knives now for anything apart from meat Peteyd ….
          OH gets frustrated ( he’s a traditionalist unless proved there is an alternative method) but I find they don’t skid on things like onions etc.
          Sharp , yes, but they don’t skid.

You OK ?

Comment

• Sympathy like there from me, Petey, not a like like. Sounds horrible. I often have little nicks, mostly from graters though. Hope that's not famous last words...

Only things I use serrated knives for are bread and tomatoes. I can't begin to imagine slicing onions with a serrated knife. Each to our own, I guess.

Comment

• Its been warm here in the sunshine, GH temp was a tropical 22c so I did spend some time in here until it dropped cool.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening All Have I been in here since the tiles were taken up? Blowed if I can remember! Dust everywhere, if I wasn't in danger from asbestosis before they started work, I am now. I still can't understand why they didn't just encapsulate it (if that's the proper term) and neither could the workman doing it! Driers come on Tuesday for the walls, but I'm going to ask them to check the moisture content of the walls again before they start - they seem dry to me. Good news is that we're going to our daughter's for Christmas Dinner - well, if we're not locked down. It's lovely to hear of you all putting up decorations and baking in preparation. I've wrapped almost all the presents which made me feel a bit more festive. Thank you for all the support. it really helps
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.
                  No plans today except I must get round to making some christmassy iced biscuits and maybe a few mince pies. I still have two jars of home-made mincemeat left over from last year. It tastes really good now!
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, hang on in there Flo, can’t imagine how difficult it must be for you but it will be worth it in the end!!

Had very high winds here last night, didn’t see that forecast but nice and calm now. 7 degrees and DRY…it was a very damp weekend.

Domestics for me today as nothing was done over the weekend. Enjoy your day whatever you’re up to.

Kettle’s on, some of MH’s Christmas biscuits would go very well with a cup of tea right now!
                    Last edited by Jay22; 13-12-2021, 07:25 AM. Reason: Putting apostrophe in Kettle’s, annoyed me I didn’t in the first place! :)
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hope you’re doing ok Pete…that injury sounds bad!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Very cold night last night and a rock hard frost this morning. Unfortunately, Mr Snoop had to scrape the car off to head into town to the post office. The tax people sent me an email to tell me they've sent me a letter. So he's gone off to the post office. Fingers crossed I haven't done anything bad without realising...

On the cards for today: walking the dogs when it warms up a bit, work and spreading out the piles of muck in the fields. And some baking too. Yesterday's loaf and this morning's mini rondos were reasonably successful, so maybe the baking jinx has been dispelled. Got some crumpets to make later, so I hope they work better than the last lot of rubbery rubbish.

Oh, and the three birds that have been roosting in our garage seem to have been ousted by one robin. I guess he's more territorial than they are. Mr Snoop not best pleased as the robin is roosting on top of some of his books. Smart bird though: better insulation than a stone wall or just perching on an electricity cable in thin air.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone. The smiles are still at the Gardeners Rest and look quite keen to stay there, especially if Mary Berry's mince pies are on offer.

Comment

• Morning

It was a warm 9.2c in my GH overnight so a mild but rainy day here.

Snoop our little Robin in still around the garden not sure where he roosts though.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            A dry and still morning and 7 degs.
                            Domestics today after the weekend decorating.
                            Not a lot else on the cards, that should fill my day
                            Take care all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Not an exciting morning, catching up on jobs. I've booked a Care Home visit for tomorrow morning. I've just rung another of the elderly in-laws to see if he'd like any shopping or taking anywhere before Christmas and checking if he's coming for Christmas dinner. I think after another coffee I might brave the supermarket.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                                Very late clocking in today - had a lot of phone calls and texts to make for various reasons - but they are done now so I can concentrate on more fun things.

Its going to be dark soon and I’ve not even been outside yet

We are growing ‘winter hardy’ lettuce under fleece and I’ve not checked them out since we’ve been back.
                                They’re not properly hardy but cope with light frosts under fleece.

Diet started again today…I really need to shed the weight I put on whilst being in the uk. And yes, it was very worth eating those things I can’t get here as the cravings have now gone.

Best get the fires lit, it’s been 12C here today- it’s been a nice change!

see ya later folks…
                                Last edited by Nicos; 13-12-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X