X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    No rain here yet but it is due for most of the day. Such a shame as yesterday was marvellous.
    Need to decide on tea yet, we have some pork steaks.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Woke up, or rather, I got woken up (Frankie shoving a rodent of some variety in a trap around the floor) and couldn't get back to sleep. So thought I might as well get up. Very glad I did, as I've just heard the rain start. Proper rain! I shall make a coffee to celebrate. Mr Snoop thought I was mad, getting in firewood and covering up some piles outside. Very glad I did now.

Anyway, no hardship, getting up early. There's always work to be done. I'll just have an eyelid inspection later on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evenin n’alln’all;D
    Rat update…one dead one to go ( we hope!)
    OH was placing it at the bottom of the field for the buzzards/ foxes etc ( it wasn’t poisoned) and rushed back saying there was an adder - or asp viper - ( didn’t hang around to confirm!) sunning itself on a nearby rock.
    We’re lucky in that we don’t have anything else that I'm aware of which is poisonous.

Rary, I love gladioli. I’m not very successful with them though. What colour did you go for?

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning had a long lie in this morning, staying in hotels where you can relax is fine but nothing beats your own bed, just having breakfast then going to get ready for church, as it is nice blue sky's here I hope it last so that I can get into the garden later, GF I was recommended head and shoulders for one of the children, doesn't cost a lot so possibly worth a try, personally I would go for an own brand type to try first and if that doesn't work try the more expensive one.
    No doubt some of you will have gathered I am so against brexit, without getting too political I think it has denied our children so much, with that I say no more about it.
    Just got an invite up to sons for coffee after church, so garden will have to be put on hold for a time, I have also ordered some gladioli bulbs, as I fancy their cheery display round the garden, so here's hoping they work out as I hope
    Need to move have a good day and smile🙂🙂🙂

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Welcome back Jay. Glad you have the sun…it’s still raining here! Can’t complain though- we did have three warm sunny gardening days this week.
    I had fancied nipping round a local vide grenier but I doubt there will be any turn out in this rain.
    Very happy to have an indoor day- always loads to crack on with. Might even sit and read- or knit .

We don’t seem to get starlings here- mostly bluetits, jackdaws and buzzards. The sparrows seem to have moved on since we bought the treadle feeder for the chooks. ( I was always concerned they could potentially introduce bird flu or something)

Enjoy your day whatever you get up to. Anyone seen the smiles yet this morning?

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Sunny here too but cold and windy. Have a lovely Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, it’s a beautiful day today. Just back last night from my week away. Had a lovely time although I forgot how much like hard work a 3 year old is!! Was hoping for a long lie this morning but nope wide awake at 5am
    Off to do laundry now and hopefully get it dried outside for a change.
    Enjoy your Sunday folks x

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Nice and bright at the moment. Due to be cloudy, cold and drizzly in the coming week (no proper rain, unfortunately), so some of today will be spent preparing for that. Plenty of firewood and kindling in, for starters.

Plenty to do as well as that. Including another slow cooker experiment. Yesterday's was fair to good, not an outstanding success, though I'm not sure I expected it to be at this time of year. Anyway, just over an hour's gas for the oven saved, so better than nothing.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Sunny and breezy with no frost here, so its looks like being a good day.

It doesn't take long for starlings to clear all the food.

enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Sunny and frosty start. I was jut about to feed the birds but a bus load of starlings have appeared.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon

Welcome back Rary and happy anniversary to you both.

I’ve bookmarked the cake recipe thanks GF.

It’s been either raining, sunny, windy or all 3 together today.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Welcome back Rary.
    Not just Tesla, still problems with loads of things, a lot of the delays came from the lockdowns abroad not brexit and also anything coming from china partly was down to them switching production to other things.

Came in because it was blowing a gale, cold and grey. Sun has appeared now. Typical.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Welcome back, Rary. And congratulations on your anniversary.

Sorry to hear about the Tesla. I have a friend with one. Beautiful looking car. But I've just done a search. First up, a recent article in a paper with Tony Blackburn, who's complaining about the same difficulty getting parts. Looks like a longstanding problem and not just Brexit related. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Raining here and cold. I'm going to try to make tea cakes today. As you know, my bread making has nearly always been disastrous, but if I'm toasting it anyway, it can't be too bad can it? Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    What about e45 GF ? I can use that sometimes but went through a weird skin thing and ended up with dermatology who prescribed epiderm cream, been using it since.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X