Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning everybody. I'm just drinking my first coffee before I go out. A very old friend of the in-law in the care home is going to visit her today but has to do a lateral flow test first and show the care home the confirmation text of a negative result when she goes. She, (lady of over 90) is not confident in doing a test and sending the results to the NHS at all so I'm going over to her house next to do the test for her. New technology is very good but some of the elderly really struggle with it. Cold and miserable here.

Comment

• Morning

Its going to be dry today so I'll be in the garden later and it looks like the GH could de with a tidy/weed.

Greenishfing i hope testing goes OK and the visit goes ahead like you say it is difficult for some.

Love homemade tom soup Bramble.

Enjoy your Sunday.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning gf and All Technology baffles me sometimes too and I'm nowhere near as old as that. Good on you for helping. Breakfast is on the way but not sure I can do it justice as I'm still feeling a bit delicate. Kill or cure! Have a lovely Sunday
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, frosty here just now but not a cloud in the sky, so hopefully it will be a nice sunny day and I can get some work done in the garden, sitting watching the bids just now, loads of sparrows, tits, gold and chaffinch and the nuthatch in early this morning don't usually see it as early and starlings which are messy eaters they scatter the seeds allover the ground and empty the feeders prity quickly, however need to go and get ready for church, so keep warm, keep safe and keep smiling
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all. Horrible snowy morning here.
            Its exactly six months to the day since my wife of 47 years died. I am going on a trek this morning with my dog to her graveside which is quite a few miles away but feel I owe it to her for all the good times we spent together.
            After my return it will be back to hugging the woodburner which she loved so much.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• No problems with the lateral flow test for the elderly lady. Google maps got me to her house first go. She's now has the negative result texted to her phone so can go visiting. I just hope that she has a good visit. Still cold and miserable here.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                It's a beautiful Lear sunny morning here.
                Lots of tidying in the garden and greenhouse while the weather holds,

Snadgar, I hope you're visit to the cemetery brings you some comfort.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Oh, sorry, afternoon (here) all.

Snadger, I second Bramble's thought. Difficult times.

Cold and windy out. Drizzling on occasions. But tucked up nice and warm indoors. In a better mood today than yesterday, which is good. Had a lovely evening at the fair, but it felt like a superspreader event, frankly. So many out-of-towners, a surprising number of people not wearing masks too (some I know to be anti-vaxxers, sadly), everyone at very close quarters. Still, it was nice to be out and about in society, meet people I haven't seen for over two years now but it still feels like yesterday, thank goodness.

It's turning into a sourdough day today. Baked the two Dan Lepard loaves (picture of one over on the sourdough starter thread) and am giving sourdough crumpets a try (query on the same thread if anyone fancies giving me a hand).

Also, need to do some bits and other pieces today so better get a move on.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Sunday lunch is cooking and there's an apple and blackberry pie from the freezer to go with it, with lashings of custard. Made some macaroons for Mum and with the yolks made star-shaped Shrewsbury biscuits, to ice as giveaways for the family. That reminds me, I need to buy a couple of new icing bags, not the disposable plastic throwaways. I've tried making them from folded greaseproof, (ah, memories of schooldays!), but the icing always seems to leak out and I end up in a sticky mess.

Have a good Sunday all, and try not to be too sad, Snadger.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

In the land of Flo now…..visiting our son.
                      OH is busy making a wood store with him and I’ve just finished in the kitchen making a goulash.
                      I thought I’d try out their slow cooker…..fingers crossed it’s ready by bedtime!

They also have two young kittens who have just discovered the Xmas tree….one keeps climbing up it and the other is pulling off the decorations and wandering around the house with them in his mouth.
                      It’s been a bit of a distraction I can tell ya!

Keep warm and safe peeps and enjoy the rest of the weekend xx
                      Snadge - thinking of you xx
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon we've been out for a stroll it seemed a good idea but wasn't all that enjoyable what with the wind and rain. It blew the cobwebs off though as my Gran used to say.

Sounds like kittens and trees are entertaining to watch
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Prevening All I'd invite you to join me for tea Nicos, but there's nowhere for you to sit Very cold and wet here. Breakfast didn't kill me, but it didn't cure me either, I'm still tired, but we have moved everything from under the stairs in readiness for Thursday. Ironic that the kitchen company could have come this week to fit it, but can't because the hole is still in the ceiling, the door jambs are still warped and the floor - well, you can guess the rest!

Comment

• Hope you can take some comfort from your memories of her Snadger x

Comment

• I raised a glass to you tonight Flo…ta muchly for the ‘offer’

Comment

• Pre mornin n’alln’all
                                Street lights!…..can’t get used to the light pouring in through the windows at stupido’clock.uk…There are even a couple of blackbirds singing away….when do the poor things get to sleep?
                                Light pollution - not good is it?

*sticks pillow over head in effort to get back to sleep

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X