This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Wise words indeed, MH. Hope it all gets sorted quickly for you, FF.

It's weather for ducks, here. 55 litres per square metre overnight, so more than the forecast for the whole day already and it's still bucketing down. Loads of standing water everywhere. I had two loads of muck delivered yesterday (several tonnes - not entirely sure how many, it just comes by the trailer-load but maybe ten tonnes in total) and distributed in small heaps around the fields where it's to go. It'll probably spread out of its own accord if this rain keeps up. When there's a lull, I might go out and check the drainage channels we had dug a couple of weeks back.

Frankie's a bit fed up. No smiles to distract him from his first thunderstorm and it's quite close. Poor thing. Anyway, here's another photo of him in his normal mode, intent upon doing some damage to something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frankie olive tree.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	562.1 KB
ID:	2537006

Anyway, hope this weather doesn't travel in your direction, Nicos. You'll be swimming back to the UK if it does.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Cold, clear and frosty here again. Got to do a grory hop today as I'm nearly out of even milk. Frankie looks very handsome Snoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        fresh scones Bren?…oh yum! Do you have a secret to them being light? Mine always turn out like rock buns. My OH thinks they are rock buns!
        Nicos not sure if you'd call my scones light but they're tasty I add cinnamon and grated/chopped apple to raisin scones, original recipe is from my trusty Be-Ro book.

Good luck today Flo xx

Frankie does look rather mischievous Snoop

Enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Its a 'Must tidy the house and garden' day today. If the sun comes out it will be garden (stuff to plant and prune) if it stays dour I'll need to dust off the hoover!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Frankie looks like he has mischief in his eyes.
            No rain here and no sun, dull as ditch water.
            Domestics for me this morning and hopefully itill be brighter later on.

Nicos, hope you have a great trip to the UK.
            I am sure you cant wait to see your beautiful granddaughter.

Flo, not to worry about what's lurking in the cupboards, you'll never see those people again.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• If it’s any consolation Flo , I would wriggle with embarrassment if someone came to rummage through my dusty kitchen cupboards too.
              I think that actually a typical kitchen cupboard state for the majority of people!
              Will I change?…nope - better things to do
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thanks All, your words are very comforting I've been told that they will not be able to put the new kitchen in until all the floors downstairs have been cleared of asbestos. I'm trying to work out what equpment we'll need to keep when the kitchen has gone. Corkscrew and bottle opener are top of the list
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  Thanks All, your words are very comforting I've been told that they will not be able to put the new kitchen in until all the floors downstairs have been cleared of asbestos. I'm trying to work out what equpment we'll need to keep when the kitchen has gone. Corkscrew and bottle opener are top of the list
                  Don't forget glasses to go with corkscrew and bottle opener.

Comment

• Ahead of you there GF, somewhere accessible!

Comment

• Afternoon

Flo it sounds like you have your priorities sorted

I've spent the afternoon making replacement curtain linings the old ones had seen better days but will make good dusters/rags.

Kettles on for tea and scones.

Enjoy your evening.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all, been MIA for a bit but been keeping up with things!
                        Frankie is beautiful Snoop, certainly does look mischievous.
                        Best scones I ever made were Mary Berry ones, delicious…wonder where that recipe is?!!
                        Best of luck with everything Flo, as Bren says wouldn’t worry about what’s in those cupboards, you’ll never see these people again.
                        Have a great trip to the UK Nicos and enjoy those hugs with your precious granddaughter, I’m off to see mine next week, can’t wait!
                        Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone, catch you later. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• I've thrown lots of things, but I can't bring myself to throw lots of prettyI must have recycled about muffin cases, is that daft?

Comment

• Oops! Pretty muffin cases and recycled plastic take away containers!!

Comment

• Frankie looks great Snoop . That’s a lovely photo of him
                              Hibou is black too but her face is totally different!
                              I’ll try and find a photo of her ( total huntress but butter wouldn’t melt!)

I’d forgotten about the wind and rain and have just checked up on the shipping forecast…. 4-6
                              I’d have done at 1 too as my stomach was never meant to go on anything other than a canal boat, rowing boat on a lake or a blow up ring in a swimming pool
                              Ah well…yet another hurdle in life’s great experiences

I’ll be leaving at 4am at the latest ( sounds better than 3.55 am doesn’t it?) so I’ll creep past your bedroom doors.
                              I have prepared trays of croissants, tea, coffee, dippy eggs and porridge - so do help yourselves!

I’m looking forward to a bowl of Oatibix. I love wheetabix and never seen Oatibix here …so I’m really fancying that!…as well as bacon butties of course!

All our neighbours are looking after Hibou, chooks and the house - which is fantastic!
                              We help them out so much so it’s good it’s being reciprocated. Thank goodness for brill neighbours eh?

And fret not…I’ll get the Gardeners Rest up whilst I’m away. Yey!!!….nearly Crimbo!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Safe journey Nicos x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X