This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, FF and GF, morning, all.

Not as cold this morning as yesterday. Rain due to start in an hour or so. Wish we'd made more weather preparations yesterday, but never mind. Tomorrow should be interesting... Will probably get to see if the new drainage channels do what they're supposed to.

Got up early to place my online order for flour for the winter. So that's us sorted for the next few months, I hope. There's rather a lot, so I'd better make something nice for the builder's merchant who takes deliveries for me. Anyway, the smiles have been hopping up and down behind me (I don't know how else to explain it, kind of bouncing as if they were on a carousel but very odd seeing as they have no legs!), so they're obviously very pleased too. I've ordered a couple of bags of a type that's new to me, T150 from France. Nicos, what type of flour does your OH use? I've got some T80 and was thinking of trying some T65 but they'd run out of stock. Our last lot of visitors had a look in my flour cupboard and decided I have a flour 'habit'. My only excuse is it does all get used up.

Now got to get on with work, but not before a coffee, I think. Anyone fancy joining me?

Right, the smiles got rather energised by the flour order and they're keen to be off before the deluge starts. They've reminded me to ask if you'll look after them for me for the next few days.

Have a great day, everyone.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 22-11-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Brrr here too - clear sky and a very bright moon.
      Hibou was only out for 5 minutes and then scratching at the door to come in.

Not quite sure what flour my OH uses Snoop - will ask him.
      He’s not made any for a while as we were just munching our way through it all as fast as he was baking it

Did your pudding book arrive?
      I ordered 2 to be delivered to my daughters so I can give her one for a stocking filler.

Lots of prepping today and tomorrow for going away - I’m getting really excited! I bet those smiles are recharging as they fly over…
      I ‘accidentally’ ordered a set of Percy the Park Keeper books at the same time as the pudding books, so those should be fun to share.
      I did manage not to order some a Postman Pat DVDs though so you see I do have some self control ( for now at least!)

I’ve got a couple of mugs of tea on the go at the moment but thanks for the offers peeps.
      Last edited by Nicos; 22-11-2021, 06:39 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Did your pudding book arrive?
        I ordered 2 to be delivered to my daughters so I can give her one for a stocking filler.
        Not yet, no... I was wondering about it the other day. I half had the (dangerous) thought we could turn nick the grief's thread into our own pudding club when it does arrive though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Not yet, no... I was wondering about it the other day. I half had the (dangerous) thought we could turn nick the grief's thread into our own pudding club when it does arrive though.
          Sounds a fantastic plan!I’d be up for it?
          Not that I/we can get all the ingredients maybe? I’m sure we could work something out

Comment

• Morning

A cold frosty start but the sun soon cleared the frost from the garden I'm baking this morning then of out later.

enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all, beautiful sunny day but just 2 degs.
              Some domestics and then out for a walk.
              Thinking I might make soup as the weather is colder now.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Sounds a fantastic plan!I’d be up for it?
                Not that I/we can get all the ingredients maybe? I’m sure we could work something out
                Mr Snoop went to the post office this morning and there was the book, waiting to be picked up. I've had a quick skim through it... I've put on about five kilos just looking at the recipes. They're mostly steamed puds. If we do our own pudding club, I don't think we'd better do it too often. Any dieting efforts will be immediately cancelled out otherwise.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Still sunny here after a frosty start. I couldn't go out and enjoy it this morning as I had to wait in for a delivery. Why does the weather always do that? Turns sunny just as soon as an email comes to say " your package will be delivered between 8.30am and 12pm" today. And it never comes at 8.30 does it? Always as close to the last time as possible, it seems to me. Oh well, an afternoon walk it will have to be today.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• At long last I have got the new printer more or less working and a lot of the photos printed and I am actually amazed at the quality. I got the printer working first but not the scanner. Still not sure why but eventually it all just worked. I've got it hardwired to a desktop with all the programmes and can also scan and copy from my phone with wifi direct but haven't got it connected to my wireless network yet and I can't face any more aggro with it today. I think I am just getting too old and braindead.
                    It still feels really cold outdoors. The farthest I've been was to the local filling station for a newspaper for Mr GF.

Comment

• Afternoon

No gardening today, baking this morning then a bit of shopping and dropping of some shoes to be heeled.
                      ​​​​​House smells really good, i had to eat a scone fresh from the oven.

enjoy your afternoon.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All cold again, but no frost. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• By the way, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that a company is coming tomorrow to take things into storage and they're emptying the cupboards for me! I'm dreading it
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all.
                            Don't dread the cupboard emptying, Flo. Just pretend to yourself that it's not your house and get excited about the contents of every unexplored cupboard!
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Just been listening to the church bells striking 7. They do a whole bunch more at 7am, 12pm and 7pm so when you hear two villages clanging away at the same time it really is a lovely sound!

Sounds like things are finally moving for you Flo! I’m wondering if the work will be completed in time for Xmas?

fresh scones Bren?…oh yum! Do you have a secret to them being light? Mine always turn out like rock buns. My OH thinks they are rock buns!

Today is a packing and sorting day .This time tomorrow I’ll be at the ferry!
                              I’ll be dropping off some Xmas decorations at the charity shop too - I almost forgot to do that!

Comment

• Wise words MH !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X